RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Replacement Vinyl or Carpet for the Cab?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Replacement Vinyl or Carpet for the Cab?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Pharmgirl

West Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/15 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally! Someone else who is looking for what I've also been searching. I too, have spent countless hours on the internet looking for this rubber/vinyl. I also checked with dealerships and finally a Ford dealer. The dealer didn't have anything that would fit my old boat (1998) Gulfstream Ultra, but the 2014 he found would cost about $600! Seemed pretty pricey. So I now have another sympathetic ear looking for me at the local RV dealership. Please let me know if you have had any luck and I will do the same. Where are you located? Hubby and I are in Coopersville area and camp with our horses.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/15 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our little old Toyota chassis camper of yester-year had the industrial rubber flooring in the cab. It never looked nice but it sure was ideal for camping. When our current-day RV installed front cab carpet gets ratty enough, I'll be on the hunt for the same as you.

Here was our little Toyota camper cab floor.
The rest of the camper interior was tired with the walls and ceiling coming down looking like bed curtains HERE
[image]

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Mich F

Plantation, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/15 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I replaced the old carpet in my E350 Coachmen with carpet bought at Home Depot. It was a very easy job. I removed the seats, doghouse and plastic inserts around the step wells. I removed the old carpet and used that as a template for the new material. I also used spray glue in the installation. It came out very nice.

[image]

* This post was last edited 02/19/15 07:21am by Mich F *   View edit history

2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

KristinU

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/16 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Mich F,

My DH wants to replace the cab carpet (after watching carpet replacement in an old car on Wheeler Dealers) and found this thread on a Google search! I see this post was a year ago, any issues since the install? Any additional tips to share? Seems pretty straightforward and simple, and yours looks great.

Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

Mich F

Plantation, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/16 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KristinU wrote:

Hey Mich F,

My DH wants to replace the cab carpet (after watching carpet replacement in an old car on Wheeler Dealers) and found this thread on a Google search! I see this post was a year ago, any issues since the install? Any additional tips to share? Seems pretty straightforward and simple, and yours looks great.

I put in the new carpet in Oct 2013. I had another MH I was using at that time while renting that MH out a few times before selling it in Dec. 2014. I never had any issues with it while I owned it.
I don't recall any issues doing the install, other than being careful while removing and reinstalling the trim pieces. It would be fairly easy to break the clips that hold them in place.

KristinU

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/16 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mich F wrote:

I put in the new carpet in Oct 2013. I had another MH I was using at that time while renting that MH out a few times before selling it in Dec. 2014. I never had any issues with it while I owned it.
I don't recall any issues doing the install, other than being careful while removing and reinstalling the trim pieces. It would be fairly easy to break the clips that hold them in place.

Cool, thanks!

Jim Shoe

Amelia, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/16 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 'C' (that I bought new) had carpeting in the cab area. I installed rubber mats over the top of the carpeting the first week. They're easy to remove and clean on the garage floor. They're a little worn by now, but it won't be expensive to replace them. The carpet underneath still looks new.
On foot, I seem to be able to find the single 3 foot diameter mud puddle in a 3 acre field in bright sunlight.

Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/16 10:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mich F,

Your picture appears to have the house floor at the same plane as the cab floor....no step. Is that right?

BTW: Nice job done. Good to know. Thanks for sharing!

* This post was edited 02/10/16 12:23am by ron.dittmer *

Mich F

Plantation, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/16 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Mich F,

Your picture appears to have the house floor at the same plane as the cab floor....no step. Is that right?

BTW: Nice job done. Good to know. Thanks for sharing!

There is a step in that MH, it's only 3 or 4" if I remember correctly. My son replaced the really bad looking house carpet (it was turning an orangeish color) with wood look vinyl strip flooring, and I redid the cab. It did come out looking very nice, thank you.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Replacement Vinyl or Carpet for the Cab?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS