RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Yellowstone, Fishing Bridge RV park?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Yellowstone, Fishing Bridge RV park?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/17 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are some photos of Fishing Bridge. Use the arrow on the picture to move from pic to pic.

You will be parking your vehicle on the side of your RV. There will be someone parked behind you. You won't have any issues if you keep all your tires on the site. Nothing can be extended into the roadway because the roads are very narrow.

https://www.yellowstoneparknet.com/park_........ampgrounds/fishing_bridge_campground.php

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Boxer Lovers

Fort Smith, AR

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/17 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ironic that Yellowstone is famous for its vast open spaces but in their main full hook up camping area takes a shoe horn to accommodate a RV. Tell me the park couldn't build and fill up another decent campground with hook ups.

Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/17 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boxer Lovers wrote:

Ironic that Yellowstone is famous for its vast open spaces but in their main full hook up camping area takes a shoe horn to accommodate a RV. Tell me the park couldn't build and fill up another decent campground with hook ups.
I agree totally. The assets of the park are vastly under-developed. Think of the potential for not just some mega RV parks but for vast Hydroelectric and Geothermal energy projects. There is enough potential energy in those systems for the neighboring states to completely wean themselves from fossil fuel power plants.
There is a tremendous amount of water in the Yellowstone ecosystem and the west continually suffers from drought. Piping all that water to where it is needed would be of great benefit. Also, there are areas directly adjacent to the park that teem with mineral mining. Gold, Platinum and other precious metals likely abound in the Yellowstone back country. They belong to the people of America. Allowing those scarce resources to go to unused is criminal.
And why stop at RV parks? There is also a shortage of lodging in the park. A few high rise hotels could quickly be filled. Imagine the view, gazing at Old Faithful backlit by a Giant red Marriott sign...beautiful!.
But why RV parks at all? Develop dispersed camping sites with full hookups instead. The park has nearly two million undeveloped acres. Finding some beautiful areas to put in a couple of sites would be easy. It would add so much to everyone's Yellowstone experience. I mean, who wouldn't want to climb a ridge or round a bend in the trail and come upon a camper with their laundry flapping in the breeze?
Our national parks are one of America's last vestiges of prime undeveloped land. What a waste.

kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/17 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fishing Bridge full hookup area is the only campground that I always recommend get a site as big or bigger than your RV length. The TV usually has to park next to the rig.

It is a very tight indeed and done actually for a reason. By keeping everything tight, it was easier to run and maintain the hoookups. They also don't want folks coming and staying IN the RV all day long and a study was done that the less amenities, the more folks stay outside to enjoy nature.

Just be thankful because Fishing Bridge is one of the few full hookup campgrounds in a National Park.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.5 hand calc avg mpg after 25,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/17 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the mosquitos would leave there would be a lot more space.

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/17 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I agree totally. The assets of the park are vastly under-developed. Think of the potential for not just some mega RV parks but for vast Hydroelectric and Geothermal energy projects. There is enough potential energy in those systems for the neighboring states to completely wean themselves from fossil fuel power plants.
There is a tremendous amount of water in the Yellowstone ecosystem and the west continually suffers from drought. Piping all that water to where it is needed would be of great benefit. Also, there are areas directly adjacent to the park that teem with mineral mining. Gold, Platinum and other precious metals likely abound in the Yellowstone back country. They belong to the people of America. Allowing those scarce resources to go to unused is criminal.
And why stop at RV parks? There is also a shortage of lodging in the park. A few high rise hotels could quickly be filled. Imagine the view, gazing at Old Faithful backlit by a Giant red Marriott sign...beautiful!.
But why RV parks at all? Develop dispersed camping sites with full hookups instead. The park has nearly two million undeveloped acres. Finding some beautiful areas to put in a couple of sites would be easy. It would add so much to everyone's Yellowstone experience. I mean, who wouldn't want to climb a ridge or round a bend in the trail and come upon a camper with their laundry flapping in the breeze?
Our national parks are one of America's last vestiges of prime undeveloped land. What a waste. "

LOL!!!! Don't bite your tongue while you have it stuck in your cheek. Goog job!

horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2003 Honda Element
Blue Ox tow

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/17 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah but you miss the point. The upper levels of the nps would be happier if there were no visitors at all. They all take Edward Abbey's book "Desert Solitaire" as their guidestar. He has nothing good to say about visitors. They do grudgingly accept that they need visitors to keep the politicians happy. And the politicians supply the money for their salaries.

So don't ever expect to see another CG built or even major improvements to existing CG. Why don't they add FHU at some sites for example, the extra fees would pay for the cost. Florida State Parks have been doing a rolling upgrade on all of the FSP CG for the last 5 or 6 years. They are upgrading the sites to FHU and know that it will pay for itself. Most of the NPS CG were built during the great depression by the CCC and have seen few upgrades since then.

Unless there is a purge of the nps upper bureaucracy that will never change.

Glendale Titanium 29E34TS fifth wheel
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
PullRite OE Series Super5th 18K
Superbumper

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/17 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Boxer Lovers wrote:

I agree totally. The assets of the park are vastly under-developed. Think of the potential for not just some mega RV parks but for vast Hydroelectric and Geothermal energy projects. There is enough potential energy in those systems for the neighboring states to completely wean themselves from fossil fuel power plants.
Our national parks are one of America's last vestiges of prime undeveloped land. What a waste.

Yellowstone and all national parks have a Mission to 'preserve' for all to enjoy in future years. I think it's too over-developed right now. RVers don't need full hookups and they're lucky they have one place as it is. As the rangers say "our parks are becoming loved to death". They can't keep up with the infrastructure as it is. As volunteers in these national parks we see first-hand how people trash the parks. They think of it as just another amusement park.

Busskipper

Arnold,Md/Superior, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/17 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

acritzer wrote:

Does anyone have experience camping here?

We are trying to book our summer trip and the guidelines for size have me a bit nervous.

They seem to be very particular about the type of site you should book.

They have 30, 35 and 40' sites.

Already most dates in June are booked for the 35 and 40.

We have a Cougar 29BHS.

Exterior length is listed at 32'.

Common sense tells me we could do a 30' site, but the gentleman I talked with on the phone today made me hesitant...stating that if we're even a little over they'd make us leave.

Anyone have first hand knowledge on this?

Thanks

Did I miss Something in the OP? [emoticon]..........[emoticon]..........[emoticon]

We have an area that is almost bigger that our two smallest states combined, and the question is can I get a Camp Site 6 months ahead of time - if none are available that I fit in will I make it in one that is a little tighter? (WILL MY 29 TT FIT IN A 30' SITE? - actually measures 32 with the tongue)

My answer would be YES - I have fit my 43' Coach in to Many 35' spots.

So I would not have an issue, but I think the discussion has deteriorated to why not more sites? Which would be a great topic but I'm sure it would get too political to last very long.

[emoticon]
[emoticon]
[emoticon]
[emoticon]

Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
MDX-FMCA--M&G Brake
States traveled in this Coach

GeoBoy

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/17 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't waste your time at Fishing Bridge, just check into Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Yellowstone, Fishing Bridge RV park?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS