RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: MerleFest Camping 2017

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> MerleFest Camping 2017

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
dandabradford

Raleigh NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/17 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what is a good/great place to camp at during Merle Fest, looking for people that have used campgrounds in the North Wilkesboro, NC

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/17 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a quick look at the MerleFest website. There is camping onsite. Not much info on camping readily available other than you can arrive on Tuesday before.

Looking at a few pictures, the thing is HUGE!!!! Not our style for size but I'll bet the music is great. We try to work bluegrass, or other music festivals into our trips but look for smaller festivals with onsite camping, 1, maybe a couple stages & plenty of after show campground picking, often the best part.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/17 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Assuming I would not be driving my RV back and forth, I was choose to camp at Bandit's Roost Kerr Scott Reservoir. It is about 5 miles from the MerleFest

However, if you haven't already made reservations, you will have a difficult time finding a campground in the vicinity.

Tom

n8wgb

OH

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/17 11:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll be at the North Wilksboro FD campground.

http://www.nwfd.us/merlefest_camping.htm

I have a non-hookup site, and am on a list for a hookup site if someone cancels.

Friends stayed there last year and liked it.

Chris

Old Rig & TV:
1998 Aerolite 21RDB
EQUALIZER hitch
2003 Ford Sport Trac, 4.0L, V6 OHC, 4:10 rear 4x4, auto

New Rig and TV:
2014 Outback Terrain 210TRS
2010 F150 XLT, 4x4, 4.6l, 3.73 rear
E2 Hitch
Ham radio callsign: N8WGB

n8wgb

OH

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/17 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The site I was at was nice. No shade, and just open lots, but big sites. Plenty of power and water. Dump station on site.

They had three to four inches of rain in the week before the festival, so they were trying their best to dry things out. The grounds were a little soggy, but you could drive on most of them. They spread gravel/dirt on the spots that were really wet, and that helped a lot.

The shuttles to the festival were 12 passenger air conditioned vans which ran at least every half hour. They ran them more often if needed, like in the mornings to get people to the festival and later in the afternoons when people were coming back. The AC was nice, because the heat index on a couple of days was >90, which I was not used to (being from Northern Ohio). This was much better than the un-air conditioned school buses that were used by many of the campgrounds.

I'll be staying there again next year if I can. They did not take reservations for next year due to ongoing discussions they are having with the local Rotary Club, who actually owns the site.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> MerleFest Camping 2017
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS