|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> New Trailers and Showers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
1L243

Canyonville Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/17 11:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at a couple of 2017 Trailers recently and noticed that the showers don't have a surround on them. The walls in the shower look just like the walls in the trailer....What's up with that? I was thinking that if I got one I would add a surround, you think it would be easier for cleaning??????

2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

mosseater

Dillsburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/17 11:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I admit I haven't been trailer shopping for almost 10 years, but I can't imagine not having a shower surround protecting the walls. There's limited room in there to begin with. Guaranteed the wall gets soaked when I take a shower in there. Barely enough room to wash the tootsies! How does it make sense to sell trailers without a real shower?

"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

1L243

Canyonville Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/17 12:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

[image]

Camper G

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/17 03:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting, most of the rigs I've looked at have the shower wall panels in them. So my experience is opposite of yours. At least Jayco and coachmen have them in the models i am looking at

2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

- John Chapter 14, Verse 6

NanciL

Bakersville, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/17 03:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't buy a trailer that didn't have a complete separate one piece shower stall(surround).
We just bought a new trailer last year, and everyone we looked at had the shower in a separate surround

jack L

Jack & Nanci

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/17 03:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For me it's just cheap penny pinching. That's a trailer that would be crossed off my list as soon as I saw it.

1L243 wrote:

I looked at a couple of 2017 Trailers recently and noticed that the showers don't have a surround on them. The walls in the shower look just like the walls in the trailer....What's up with that? I was thinking that if I got one I would add a surround, you think it would be easier for cleaning??????

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Badger Dog plus "Ollie"
www.thetravelingkoala.blogspot.com
2012 Koala 21CS
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg

And Equal-i-zer WDH/Sway Control

jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/17 03:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My trailer has no surround, and when we first bought it I considered adding one. 5 years later, no surround, no issues. The walls are not typical wall board and seem to handle the water well. We do wipe the walls down after showering, something we do whether there is a surround or not.

scbwr

North Ridgeville, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/17 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen that in a few trailers and I just wouldn't buy one unless I was going to add a shower surround.

2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7
2014 Winnebago Winnie 2201DS
Equalizer hitch
Celebrating our 27th year of camping!">

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/17 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My friend was in the market for a small, lightweight and inexpensive trailer. A lot of the models didn't include shower surrounds, just like the OP noted. I know the wall board is designed to handle some water... but the problem that I have is that those wall boards are not watertight at the corners where they meet or at the bottom where they transition to the floor pan. At some point, water is going to get somewhere that it shouldn't and eventually cause issues.

Its a cost saving feature, potentially a weight saving feature... but I encouraged my friend to save costs and/or weight elsewhere. He bought a camper with a full plastic wall surround.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/17 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

from your pic,thats a leak thats going to happen some day. and the back side will be well rotted out when you find it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> New Trailers and Showers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS