RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: MH Correct Vacuum Line Actuator Connection?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> MH Correct Vacuum Line Actuator Connection?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
TC&Z

Atlanta, GA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/18 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2007 Winn Voyage 38J on a Workhorse chassis. We had dash AC problems and got it serviced. Shop says they also had to replace an air box actuator. Good news is air is cold now but doesn't come out where I expect it to. I am wondering if they connected the actuator back correctly. It is a 3-position actuator on driver side of engine just under the wind shield deck that has 2 hoses attached to it, a red one and a white one. Currently the red is on the end, and white on the side of the actuator. Can anyone confirm if this connection matches theirs? I can try swapping and see if it improves but hard to get to, I don't want to do it unless I know that's the problem. I can also try to call Winn tech service but concerned they may not know this detail and send me to Workhorse. Thanks

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/18 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1. Workhorse does NOT install the Dash AC system. Winne(OEM) installs the controls. They are aftermarket NOT a Workhorse Part. The only thing the chassis makers supply is the Compressor and those hoses and the Condenser.
2. Odds are you have a Evans Tempcon system. This is the link for their systems and troubleshooting. Doug

http://www.evanstempcon.com/tsg_hvac.php

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/18 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like it went in for one problem and came out with another. I'd have the shop make it work like it should at their cost.

1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

TC&Z

Atlanta, GA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/18 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

turbojimmy wrote:

Sounds like it went in for one problem and came out with another. I'd have the shop make it work like it should at their cost.

Agree it would be at no cost but there's our hassle factor of taking MH back and dealing with them. If it is easy it is worth it to me to do it myself, plus I learn something too.

TC&Z

Atlanta, GA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/18 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With more research I found this helpful Winn Service Tips link regarding my situation. We have the rotary control style system. Appears my vacuum hoses are connected properly.

Winn Service Tips - Dash Air

TC&Z

Atlanta, GA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/18 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deleting duplicate entry

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/18 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TC&Z wrote:

With more research I found this helpful Winn Service Tips link regarding my situation. We have the rotary control style system. Appears my vacuum hoses are connected properly.

Winn Service Tips - Dash Air

My concern at this point would be that they installed the incorrect actuator and it's not getting the right signal from your controls.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> MH Correct Vacuum Line Actuator Connection?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS