RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Pee Wee's Parking Saga!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Pee Wee's Parking Saga!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Conleigh

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/03 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really want to know how PeeWee's to park or not to park ends! I gotta hear the entire story so start posting here......ok? This will be great reading for future owners who find themselves in the same situation.

catsx6

San Diego, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/03 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok ... here's the whole story so far.

I measured PeeWee all over and checked the rules and regulations. It fits within those guidelines, which I was TOLD superceded the CC&Rs.

So, the parking place assigned to me is right underneath one of the bedroom windows of a really creepy guy on the HOA Board. He doesn't go through channels, but just sends me a personal notice that I am in violation of the CC&Rs and that I must remove the "RV."

So, off to the President of the HOA I go. He tells me that I don't have to do diddly squat until the board sends me some kind of formal notice. Also, we check the CC&Rs and notice that they also ban "trucks and vans". All sorts of trucks and vans have parked in this area for years and years and no one has ever complained.

So, creep on the board starts yelling at one of the board meetings that PeeWee MUST be removed because:

(1) it block his view (presumably of the other cars in the parking lot?);
(2) he doesn't like the way it looks (but apparently a totally trashed car would be fine);
(3) he thinks there's a safety issue (that got shot down too, since PeeWee doesn't block access for any emergency vehicles and doesn't impede traffic);
(4) he wants the CC&Rs enforced "to the letter." (When it was pointed out to him that he would be responsible for making all of his neighbors with trucks and vans parked in that lot very angry -- he started backing down on that one too).

So now creepo has taken a bunch of photos of PeeWee, trying to show that it's a problem. However, I am taking my own set of photos (showing that it fits in a single space, doesn't hang over that space any more than any of the long bed trucks and vans that have parked there forever; and etc etc.).

The photos and memo I will be preparing will go to the members of the board as well as the attorneys for the HOA. Since I purchased PeeWee only after reviewing the Rules and Regs (that allow for vans up to 9 foot high and 20 feet long that will fit in a single spot (9 foot wide), if they make me move or sell it, they are looking at one nasty drawn out lawsuit. Damages:
cost of PeeWee (lost use); cost of parking it at any other location (about $25,000 over ten years).

Creepo thinks he can intimidate me because (get this) he's an "attorney". Geez, he's an attorney, I'm an attorney, 60% of the residents of the State of California are attorneys. BFD.

Off my soap box now. I'll keep you informed, if all y'all really want to be.

Ricky

PeeWee the PleasureWay is a 2003 Ford Excel TD V10

GizmosMom

NE Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/03 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ricky,

I have one thing to say to you:

YOU GO, GIRL!

There's no way you can lose! Whoops, I guess that's two things to say!

Marilyn

Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat.
Smudge, (in photo) a Shih Tzu/Yorkie Mix and Gizmo is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

kaywalsh

Fresno, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/03 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like almost as much fun as a camping trip. Bet the jerk didn't know who he was up against.

You really are acquiring and sharing some very important information for those of us who want travel and to retreat to a condo as homebase.

Thanks for your efforts on behalf of us all--Kay

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/03 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Ricky,
The main reason I got a Rt was the H.O. regulations. Seems a lot have the twenty foot rule. I was told twenty feet was the limit, not twenty feet one inch. Dont get me wrong I'm on your side, but I'm not a lawyer and did not not want to deal with the hassle I could see comming. It only takes one person to cause you a nightmare. My Rt is 19 feet 11 inches. I also removed the decals that said motor home. Plus the air on the roof is like a red flag saying motor home.
Good luck with you situation.

catsx6

San Diego, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/03 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My PW is 19 feet 11 inches as well. I also fit in the width and height restrictions.

I will win this fight. Foregone conclusion.

Ricky

Conleigh

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/03 11:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Ricky,
Anything new? Probably too soon for news but I can't wait to hear about your Victory!

catsx6

San Diego, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/03 11:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took a ton of photos and wrote a four page memo with the photos as exhibits. I refuted every argument that the creepo board member made. And, asserted that since it was clear that he could not be fair and unbiased in the matter, he should either recuse himself from all debate and voting of the board on the matter, or resign from the board altogether.

I then took my memo draft to the president of the HOA so that he could review it. (He is in my camp on this matter.) He is also going to review the memo with counsel for the HOA (who are also not so fond of the creepo on the board).

They are going to get back to me in the next few days and then I will make any revisions they think are a good idea and send the final memo out to the board, the management company (which is headed by a RV full-timer, I might add), and counsel for the HOA.

The whole process is going to take some time, but I'm in for the long haul. I love PeeWee and intend to keep him for a long time.

Oh, and he goes in to have the additional work done this week. You know, finish the floors, put in the mp3 player, fix the fridge (oh, and yes, I checked the fuses and none were tripped), and make a few other small repairs and modifications.

It should be an interesting adventure. Drive up to Irvine, then ride the train back to SD. The train fare is only about $14 or so, and I live 1/2 a block from the station.

Ricky

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Pee Wee's Parking Saga!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS