• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2/3 cup light soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
• 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 2 pounds large sea scallops
• cooking oil spray
• toasted sesame seeds
Rinse scallops and remove tough muscle from side if necessary. Pat dry.
Combine, lemon and lime juices, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and sesame oil in a wide shallow glass bowl. Add scallops and marinate, covered, at room temperature for no more than 5 minutes each side. Transfer scallops to a plate. Reserve marinade.
Heat large non stick skillet, sprayed with cooking oil spray over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Sauté scallops, 6 to 8 at a time, until golden brown and just cooked through - 2 to 3 minutes on each flat side. Transfer to a warming plate. Wipe out skillet and respray with cooking oil spray and cook another batch. Continue wiping out skillet and respraying between batches.
Wipe out skillet once again and add marinade and bring to a boil and reduce to about 1/3 cup.
Drizzle scallops with sauce and serve immediately with rice pilaf and and a green salad.
Per Serving: 204 Calories
3g Fat (15.6% calories from fat)
Trace Dietary Fiber
Dr. Oz was just on Oprah yesterday touting the benefits of foods like Scallops. THis sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.
1 T. butter or stick margarine
1 T. lemon juice
3/4 c. diced onion
1/4 t. salt
1 c. 2% reduced-fat milk
1/4 t. pepper
1 10 1/2 oz. can condensed reduced-fat reduced-salt cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 6 oz. cans low-salt tuna in water,drained and flaked
1 2 oz. jar diced pimiento, drained
3 c. cooked egg noodles (about 6 oz.uncooked), cooked without salt or fat
1/3 c. fresh breadcrumbs
1 1/4 c. frozen green peas, thawed
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add milk and soup; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Combine soup mixture, noodles and next 6 ingredients in a 2-qt. casserole coated with cooking spray. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese; sprinkle over top. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
I haven't made these yet but they sound good. They work out to 0 pts a cookie. I got the recipe from a Prevention magazine.
Chocolate Bliss Bites
½ c unsweetened cocoa powder
3 lg egg whites
Pinch of Salt
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
½ c sugar, divided
1 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
2. In a small bowl, sift together cocoa, salt and ¼ cup of the sugar.
3. In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium-low speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Beat in remain ¼ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon at a time, unti meringue is glossy and stiff peaks form. Fold in cocoa mixture and vanilla extract.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 1” apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 25 minutes for soft chewy cookies or 40 minutes for crisp ones. Dust cooled cookies with confectioners’ sugar.
Makes 24 cookies, 0 pts each cookie
Per cookie: 25 cal, 1 g pro, 6 g card, 0 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 0.5 g fiber, 13 mg sodium
This is very filling and is nice on a cold evening, plus it makes a huge amount.
Servings | 15
Estimated POINTS® value per serving | 3
1lb Ground Sirloin
1.5lb. Ground Turkey 93/7
1Can stewed Tomatoes
1Can Tomato Sauce
1Can Crushed Tomatos
1 Small Diced Yellow Onion
1 Diced Green Bell Pepper
2 Cans LightKidney Beans
1 Can Dark Kidney Beans
1 Bag Chili Spices Store-Bought
2 tsp Salt
Saute Turkey, Ground Beef, Onion and Bell Pepper till browned. About 15-25 Minutes. Break up meats to a crumbly consistency. Meanwhile dump the rest of the ingredients into a crockpot. Once meat is done dump into crockpot as well. Mix all ingredients throughly. Add salt. Give one good last mix cover and set on high for 6-8 hours.
Serving Size is 1 Cup.
Add fat free cheddar or 2% mexican style cheese and add appropriate points. You can also garnish with FF sour cream or even a 1Cup of whole wheat macaroni
Some very good recipes already. I have been out of touch for a while but am back and ready to go again. Here's one we always enjoy. Paired with some sauteed spinach, Brussel Sprouts, green beans etc. makes a nice meal.
WW Chicken a la King
1 t. butter or stick margarine
2 T. (1 oz.) 1/3-less fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
3 c. sliced fresh mushrooms (about 8 oz.)
1/2 c. finely chopped green bell pepper
2 c. chopped cooked chicken
1/4 c. minced green onions
1/2 c. chopped bottled roasted red bell pepper
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. salt
1 c. 2% reduced-fat milk
1/8 t. ground nutmeg
1 c. chicken broth
8 (1 oz.) slices bread, each toasted and cut in half diagonally
3 T. dry sherry
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add green bell pepper and green onions; sauté 2 minutes. Stir flour into mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Combine milk, broth, and sherry. Gradually add milk mixture to skillet, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese, stirring until smooth. Stir in chicken, red bell peppers, salt, and nutmeg; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Arrange 4 toast pieces on each of 4 plates; spoon 1 cup chicken mixture over toast. Sprinkle evenly with parsley.
Yield: 4 servings. Points: 8; Diabetic Exchanges: 3 Starch, 2 1/2 L Meat, 1/2 Fat
LA: ¼ cup flour, skim milk, ½ English Muffin,
4 vegetables, 1 protein, ¼ dairy, 1 starch
This sounds wonderful! i will try it for sure.
I may try it over home made whole wheat-egg white fettucini. (I love my Kitchenaid pastga roller set)
Thanks for posting it.
This is a Rachael Ray recipe that we think is delicious.
Smokey Sweet Potato Stoop
Serves 4; points 6
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
* 2 medium carrots, peeled
* 2 ribs celery
* 1 large onion, peeled and halved
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1-2 chipotle chili in adobo, finely chopped, plus a spoon of sauce from the can
* Salt and black pepper
* 1 teaspoon dry thyme (eyeball it)
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 cup dry white wine (eyeball it)
* 5 cups chicken stock
* 1 large sweet potato
* 3/4-1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
* 4 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, a generous handful, roughly chopped
* 1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish (optional)
Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat with two tablespoons of EVOO, about two turns of the pan.
While soup pot heats, chop carrots in half lengthwise then slice into thin half moons. Add the carrots to the pot while it heats, stirring to coat the carrots in the EVOO. Chop and drop in celery and onion, chopping as small as you can, but don't make yourself crazy. Add the garlic, chipotle, and adobo sauce and stir to combine. Season the veggies with salt, pepper, thyme, and bay leaf. Cook the veggies together for one minute. Add the wine and reduce a minute. Add the stock to the pot, cover the pot, and raise heat to high. Bring the stoup to a boil, remove the cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into quarters lengthwise, then thinly slice into bite-size pieces. Add the cut chicken and sweet potatoes and simmer five minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Turn the heat off and add the scallions and cilantro. Serve each portion of stoup with a dollop of sour cream on top.
In our never ending effort to find yet another way to eat chicken! don't see why this wouldn't work with a fish fillet as well.
Creamy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Servings | 6
Estimated POINTS® value per serving | 6
10 3/4 oz 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
6 oz chicken flavor stuffing, prepared with margarine
1/2c fat-free milk
10 oz frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained
1 c water
3 breasts boneless, skinless chicken; halved
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp paprika
Preheat oven to 400. Combine stuffing mix and water in large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, pound chicken to 1/4" thickness. Add broccoli to stuffing; mix lightly. Spread evenly onto chicken breasts. Roll up each chicken breast and place seam side down in 13x9" dish. Mix soup and milk, pour over chicken. Sprinkle with parmesan and paprika. Bake 30 min or unitl cooked through
In a medium bowl, combine beef, scallions, teriyaki sauce, ginger and garlic until thoroughly mixed; form into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
Off heat, lightly coat burgers, pineapple and onion with cooking spray; place on grill. (Never spray cooking spray onto an open flame.)
Grill pineapple, turning once, until lightly charred, about 4 minutes; remove from grill and cover to keep warm. Grill burgers and onions, turning once, until burgers are desired degree of doneness and onions are lightly charred and tender, about 7 to 9 minutes.
To serve, place 1 burger on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1 slice of onion (separated into rings) and 1 slice of pineapple; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Yields 1 burger per serving.
1 spray(s) cooking spray
2 medium banana(s), peeled and sliced (make sure they are not overripe)
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
1/8 packet(s) McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, or to taste
Spray a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray. Warm pan over medium
Place banana slices in pan and sprinkle both sides with cinnamon and
"Fry" banana slices until soft and dark, turning once, about 5 minutes. Serve warm. Yields 1 banana per serving.
Note: This recipe was selected by our staff from the Community Recipe
Swap. Its POINTS® value has been verified, but the recipe has not been tested by our kitchen.
We HAVE tested it in our kitchen and it is good. Served with FF Cool Whip it is a real treat.