RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Feedback from current Dutchman Voltage RV owners

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Feedback from current Dutchman Voltage RV owners

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
lightfoot

Cary, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had our 3200 since May of 2011 and other than a couple of minor, to us, problems it has been a great experiance. We put 5K+ miles on it since last May and with any luck another 5K+ this year.

As for problems, we got the TH from General RV, who has multiple dealerships in the US and our 3200 was at the dealer in OH. When our unit arrived in IL, it was missing a couple items as the OH dealer needed to repair another 3200 and borrowed the parts from ours and did not order the replacement parts from the factory till after shipping our TH to IL. All was fixed by our IL dealer.

Our main slide did start to have a problem when retracting as others have stated. When we had the Dutchman repair shop install the 2nd AC unit, they worked for 2 days to get the slide working. Turns out that one of the rollers below the slide needed to be shimmed up a little and the motors for the slide needed replacing. When they were working on the slide, it appeared that someone had worked on the motors prior to us getting the trailer and had miss wired the connections so that the motors were not getting full power and not syncing with each other. The DW and I were watching the work being done and I can't tell you how many times they took the slide in/out till they finally got it figured out. When they finished, you could not tell that they had ever touched the inside or outside of the slide.

As for leaks, knock on wood, we have not had any anwhere. We spent a week in MI last year and it rained most of the week and nothing leaked. Made for some interesting motorcycling, but we are used to that kind of weather.

The only problem still remaining is the slickness of the ramp. The OH dealer put something on it so that it shined for customers to look at, and now we can't seem to get it off. It makes it hard to walk up/down the ramp, but the motorcycle doesn't seem to have much of a problem with it. I guess more work is needed on the ramp and someday the slickness will dissapear.

USN EN2 (RET)
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2011 Voltage 3200
'94 Honda GL1500
'00 Yamaha Venture

DuallyMike

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/12 05:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

atfulldraw wrote:

Quality control is still in the crapper.....

Ours went back to the factory for 75 days and still isn't fixed. The end result is that they don't know what the problem is with the slides and therefore can't really fix them.

Prior to that, I dealt with five different people at Voltage. We went from "take it to the dealer, they can fix it"
to "drive it to another dealer six hours away"
to "just bring it to the factory"
to "we'll come pick it up"
to "we're sending a guy from the factory to fix it"

Still wondering what is next .....I keep finding that they didn't address some of the items on the list that we discussed prior to the trailer going back to the factory. Yesterday, the toilet valve that was leaking into the bowl filled the toilet and started to flood the bathroom. I guess I should mention that this was on the list to be fixed at the factory, but guess what.......

Typical story of a typical problem. My generator made an intermittent knocking sound. As we reviewed the list of problems as they were preparing to send the trailer back to me, I realized that they had done nothing to correct the generator problem and demanded that they fix the problem with the generator before sending the trailer back. They listened to it at the factory and declared that there was nothing wrong with it. I explained that they were either going to fix the noise or replace the generator. The service manager then decided to play tough guy with me and stated they would NOT replace the generator and that it was not making any noise. I had recorded a video with the sound and sent a copy of the video to Onan, and posted it here on rv.net. Onan emailed me back and said that it was obviously the fuel pump and that they had been to the voltage factory and had now replaced the pump and serviced the unit. Frustrating.....but at least that is now fixed.

Love the trailer, but the customer service and lack of quality control makes me want to pull my hair out.

We almost bought a 3600-saw one at the Hershey Rv show last Sept. We really like the floor plan with the 1/2 rear bath. Then I heard that they had the guy who designed the Raptor was working over at Dutchmen. Not sure if he was just a design guy or an engineer, but since we had SOOO many problems with the Raptor I din't want anything associated with them or Keystone. The above post is what I was afraid of happeniong to us. Didn't really want to spend the money, but we settled on a 2012 XLR just to get rid of the Raptor. Haven't been able to take it out yet, but sounds like I'll be glad I didn't get the Voltage after all.

mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/12 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Lippert slide with the rails on my Class C. The slide is a shallow depth and not really heavy (a wardrobe and bunk). The slide has worked pretty good but I'm not sure that I'd have the same opinion of it on some of the super-slides now being equipped with this slide system. I believe many of the manufacturers jumped into this slide before testing it out fully....

I have read many reviews from owners on here, while the Voltage is a slick looking rig I think they have more beta testing to do!

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

1Wheeldrive

The Rockies

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 2012 (according to Voltage) 3200 in April of 2011. It was one of the early models. My wife and I saw the 3200 first at the RV show in Denver in January, thought about it, then went to the RV show in Denver in early March and bought one.
We have towed it about 4000 miles and spent maybe 30 nights in it.
There were a few minor problems; the new, high tech dometic digital thermostat failed after about 8 hours, and the rain trip feature on the awning stuck. All problems were resolved by the dealer, who was very accomodating (Windish RV in Lakewood, CO).
We have had no problems with the slides, and no leaks so far, although it hasn't seen much rain.
My personal opinion is that the Voltage is much better built with higher quality materials than the 2007 Cyclone 3210 it replaced, and that Voltage has been more responsive than Heartland was when a problem did arise.

aarondeere

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well so far even though we haven't done any camping yet, I did have it out yesterday with slides out and we got 1.7 inches of rain with a nice driving rain thunderstorm and saw no leaks. Checked all around and all was dry. Also dewinterized and had no visible leaks (even the shower). Only thing I might check out is the water pressure on the kitchen faucet is lower than rest of the camper. So while I don't have much "user time" yet, I'm happy so far and maybe mine's one of those flukes and actually put together right. One thing you gotta think about is what % of owners are really responding here. Most likely ones that are having problems would more likely post here than ones that don't.

Aaron
2010 Dodge 3500
2012 Voltage 3600 Epic

mpierce

Scranton, ND

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aarondeere wrote:

Well so far even though we haven't done any camping yet, I did have it out yesterday with slides out and we got 1.7 inches of rain with a nice driving rain thunderstorm and saw no leaks. Checked all around and all was dry. Also dewinterized and had no visible leaks (even the shower). Only thing I might check out is the water pressure on the kitchen faucet is lower than rest of the camper. So while I don't have much "user time" yet, I'm happy so far and maybe mine's one of those flukes and actually put together right. One thing you gotta think about is what % of owners are really responding here. Most likely ones that are having problems would more likely post here than ones that don't.

Absolutely. We hear about the problems, with any of the brands/models. If 20 post persistant problems, what % is that? Might be really low. A LOT of trailers are made.

atfulldraw

Texas is home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/12 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mpierce wrote:

aarondeere wrote:

Absolutely. We hear about the problems, with any of the brands/models. If 20 post persistant problems, what % is that? Might be really low. A LOT of trailers are made.

Probably too many

But, you can certainly look at the Keystone forum and find me bragging about my Keystones, and over at airforums and see the same.

It's also not as common you will hear people bragging that their trailer doesn't leak and their slides work fine.

It should be expected.

* This post was edited 03/01/12 09:29pm by atfulldraw *

2013 Voltage 3905
2012 Ford 350 King Ranch DRW 4x4
3 Lacy Dogs, Kayaks, Polaris Ranger, Fly rods, kitchen sink

marielw824

Swan Valley, ID

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone with the Voltage have trouble with their bedroom floor? Ours creaks and gives in front of the closet at the foot of the bed. There is a lot of give and a lot of creaking noise. We had it in to Camping World for repair and the Service manager opted to not look at that .... even though it was our #1 problem on the list. VERY DISAPPOINTED ... they had our rig for almost 3 weeks.

Can anyone relate? Do you know what this is? Is there a fix? Thanks!

randot

Ellensburg, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

marielw824 wrote:

Anyone with the Voltage have trouble with their bedroom floor? Ours creaks and gives in front of the closet at the foot of the bed. There is a lot of give and a lot of creaking noise. We had it in to Camping World for repair and the Service manager opted to not look at that .... even though it was our #1 problem on the list. VERY DISAPPOINTED ... they had our rig for almost 3 weeks.

Can anyone relate? Do you know what this is? Is there a fix? Thanks!

I hate to tell you, but it sounds like you may have water damage from a leaking slide.

Has anyone left a review here?: http://www.voltage-toy-haulers.com/voltage-toy-hauler-reviews.html

2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
2013 Voltage 3200 EPIC II
Two GSDs and toys

Straykats

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/12 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree that you hear more about the problems associated with a owners rig when there is poor quality control and we as consumers receive a "lemon". I also understand that most RV manufacturers build rigs that have issues. That is why I'm interested so I can check my Voltage and have it repaired before I sign the dotted line. It also is good to know what to watch out for possibly later. Being new, some of these things I wouldn't of thought to look for on our walk through. Please keep the good and bad comments coming, it helps not only me but future Voltage owners. When our's arrives and we are using it I plan on contributing our feedback as well. Thanks McKenziek for the awesome Facebook page, looking forward to using it.

2011 SD Ford F350 6.71 V8 Diesel 4x4
2013 Dutchmen 3200 Voltage

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Feedback from current Dutchman Voltage RV owners
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: