RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Where not to camp

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rver1997

Here and There

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/12 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At first I agreed with you because I know that places that process credit cards can easily void a transaction done the same day with no fees at all. The park was being unreasonable. But then you jumped on the entitlement horse and played the "they never told me" card and my mouth fell open.

Like it or not, it is YOUR responsibility to know all of the policies before you FREELY AND WILLINGLY give out your credit card number. That you didn't take responsibility for your mistake is sad. Hopefully, you learned a lesson to always ask so that you don't find yourself in this situation again. You must be so proud that you hit them where it hurts. Not only did they pay the credit card charges to process your card to begin with now they also get to pay a charge for your credit card company to investigate the chargeback. Pat yourself on the back...

big whitey

raleigh,nc

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/12 08:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

little different take here. just such******as this is why in 40 yeah 40 years of camping i have never and WILL NOT make reservations. i have always found somewhere to stay.just don't like being tied to a schedule and nowadays i dry camp exclusively so no problem.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/12 01:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rver1997 wrote:

At first I agreed with you because I know that places that process credit cards can easily void a transaction done the same day with no fees at all. The park was being unreasonable. But then you jumped on the entitlement horse and played the "they never told me" card and my mouth fell open.

Like it or not, it is YOUR responsibility to know all of the policies before you FREELY AND WILLINGLY give out your credit card number. That you didn't take responsibility for your mistake is sad. Hopefully, you learned a lesson to always ask so that you don't find yourself in this situation again. You must be so proud that you hit them where it hurts. Not only did they pay the credit card charges to process your card to begin with now they also get to pay a charge for your credit card company to investigate the chargeback. Pat yourself on the back...
\\

WOW..You are just a little bit bitter ?? there is no patting... no chearing..no proud shout outs... just good business is it it shuld be..entitlement horse ???? I am not entitled to anything ,nor do I want something that is NOT MINE ...Enjoythe rest of your day...If you can Joe

Me-Her-the kids
2009 Ford F350 SD 6.4
08 Montego Bay
Here are my pictures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS