RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: horrable rv park

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
infantrye7

virginia

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/12 06:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this past weekend my family and i stayed at an rv park in winchester, va. one of the first signs you see when entering the rv park is a good sams sign. it is the only campground in winchester,va. it is off of rt. 37 on rt 50 west.

we had'nt been there an hour when i encountered a gentalman and i use that term loosly, with the worst attitude and worst human relations skills of anyone that i have ever met. We had thought about unhooking our motorhome and leaving. talking to other campers we found out that they had experienced the same behavour from the same guy. that made me feel like i wasn't the only one that recieved the same warm welcome.

we will never stay at that capmground again, we will either camp in front royal, va or camp at a campground further north on interstae 81.

* This post was edited 05/07/12 09:47am by an administrator/moderator *

klm

SIOUX FALLS, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/12 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Makes you wonder if the campground realizes the negative impact even 1 lousy emplyee can have? Now, if he's the owner, his loss - word gets around, rv'ers will find other, more pleasant locations. Although you didn't mention the cg name.

'02 KOUNTRY STAR DP
2012 HONDA FIT "PUMPKINMOBILE"
GILLIGAN- 1ST MATE CAT - 3 HR TOUR

Parrothead Mike

SW Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/12 06:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a suggestion about letting others know about nice or nasty campgrounds. Use RV Park Reviews.com This site, once you register, allows you to post reviews about specific campgrounds you've used. In fact, you may find out that a lot of others feel the same way you did at the campground you're posting about. The site is clickable below. Once there you can click on the state and then the city you want to know about in regards to campgrounds. From there you can read about the various campgrounds.

http://www.rvparkreviews.net/

PS: You don't have to register to read about reviews of campgrounds by other posters. It's a great site for checking out campgrounds in areas you might want to camp. It also allows you to click on the campground's own website.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2001 25' Cardinal LXDS
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

kpmacaz

Mesa,AZ,USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare for the campground owners. I agree about putting a review on-line on a campground review website. I would also write a letter to the campground so the owners can have a chance to deal with him. They should know but just in case. It looks like a very nice campground on their website!

I would also copy "Good Sam" on the letter to the RV campground in question.

2007 Jayco 25RKS and 2006 GMC Yukon

peaches&cream

Northwest Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/12 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why don't you post the info on http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Virginia/Winchester.html .
Appears others feel the same way.

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/12 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thread mailed to owners

ct1964ups

St Thomas, V.I. & ,Conn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/12 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kpmacaz wrote:

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare for the campground owners. I agree about putting a review on-line on a campground review website. I would also write a letter to the campground so the owners can have a chance to deal with him. They should know but just in case. It looks like a very nice campground on their website!

I would also copy "Good Sam" on the letter to the RV campground in question.

If you read the reviews about this campground...Candyland..you'll see it is about 50/50 for and against...in our experience there with these new owners..it is the owners....they have seem to have hot and cold days.....but after 2 unpleasant trips into there after they started to run it...we've found another place to stay and have never been back...Chuck

* This post was edited 05/07/12 10:10am by an administrator/moderator *

2012 American Tradition 43 ft..Tag..Silver Merlot.....2004 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/12 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also had a terrible experience at Candy Hill and so did the others in our RV group that stayed there. NEVER will we stay there again under any circumstances! The worst experience in our over 49 years of RVing/traveling using a campground and yes, I did post the comments in several CG/resorts review sites and so did a couple of the others in our group. The owner?/manager? who rides around in a golf cart uses very foul language to the campers and even the children he sees. The seasonal residents said he's always like that and they just ignore him.

* This post was edited 05/07/12 10:11am by an administrator/moderator *

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

accsys

Green Cove Springs, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/12 07:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SDcampowneroperator wrote:

Thread mailed to owners

I doubt that will do any good. Reading RV Park Reviews, it appears the owner is the problem! We are headed that way in a couple of weeks and determined that would NOT be one of our stops based on reading RV Park Reviews.

John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2007 Tiffin Phaeton QDH 40 w/Cat 7 350
2004 Liberty Renegade 4x4 Toad
Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar
Air Force One toad braking system
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

sandersmr

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/12 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's really sad. I tent camped there with a fairly large group Memorial Day weekend of 2005 and we really enjoyed our time there. And then the people that ran it were very friendly and very helpful.

Maggie

Sportsmen Classic 16BH
2002 F150 Supercrew 4.6 L V8

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS