RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Chicago Sales - Won't visit again.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Chicago Sales - Won't visit again.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
psmoore

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 02:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I were in the Wauconda (Chicago) store yesterday for a specific class C as a replacement to the one that our insurance totalled. Went and looked at the RV without salesman. There was no toilet seat, no awning (awing or arms), and a dent on the drivers side of the motorhome right by the front door. The salesman walked out with us and we told him that we liked the interior and most of the RV but there would have to be an awning put on, a toilet seat cover and the dent (wood exposed) fixed. The list price was 27,997

We had told the salesman that it was an insurance replacement and we already knew how much money we would have. At which time we were told he shouldn't be talking with us today as it would probably take months to get the money. We told him that we have the signed papers and that is all the insurance company is waiting for to release funds. Of course he wanted to know that amount and we told him no. He said it might be awhile and went to talk to his sales manager. Came back with a piece of paper and wanted 27,997 for the RV, 995.00 to fix the dent, 161 for the awning, and I didn't see what he had for the toilet seat. The total would now be 30,000 +.

I was flabergasted that they wanted us to pay for the items that were dealbreakers for us, and issues with an RV they are trying to sell. It was not listed as being sold As Is, and we felt that they should include/fix those items at no cost to us. We told him he was at least 4500 off and he walked back to the manager as we were walking out.

No more Camping World for us. Very disappointed.

Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 03:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You didn't get what you wanted so you took your ball and went home? Sorry it didn't work out, but just because you want or need a price doesn't necessarily mean the seller will meet it. I assume you were looking at a used vehicle. Most dealers are much more interested in selling them "as is" than getting involved in repairs that may or may not meet the buyer's satisfaction.

PapPappy

Wilmington, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Most dealers are much more interested in selling them "as is" than getting involved in repairs that may or may not meet the buyer's satisfaction.

Then, they should list it "AS IS", so that there is no confusion. It is also somewhat confusing, that they would not work (on price) at all on this particular RV. Usually, there is some wiggle room. Especially now, when sales are sluggish.

Yes, maybe the dealership had their "lowest" price, but it doesn't sound that way....maybe it's still too early in the month, for them to be REALLY working for those sales commissions

Good luck where ever you go.

Also, I don't know if I'd even bother to tell them about the previous MH, or the insurance. You will be buying a MH from a Dealer, that is really all they need to know. You have a fixed price in mind, and it is up to you and the Dealer to come to an agreement. On that part, I agree with "WesternRV.." If they don't want to meet your price, that is there prerogative, and if you don't want to pay their price, that is yours.

Happy Camping

Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008 FMCA# F407293
The Pets

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 03:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You all would have to go to THAT store. I went there to look for a MH before I hit the road and the OP is spot on.

All their used RV's are mostly pure junk and the nice ones they do have are filthy and they want an arm and a leg for them. AND the salemen do NOT want to take you out to the lower forty where they keep the used ones. You have to just about beg a salesman to take you to that lot with their golf cart. And the one I found told me to walk out there myself commenting it is pretty far. Rather than take a life I left and came back on another day.

I went back and found unless you are going to buy a new RV from them they do not want to help you and they are not shy about saying so. I went to the manager and told him what the salesman had said and his answer was "well the used ones we have are not that great, here let me show you a new one"

IMHO that store should state they sell only new RV's, save people from making a trip all the way out there.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

H345

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 04:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are lucky , as you may purchase from any dealer or manufacturer in the country that wants to earn your business . I would send e-mails to a dozen dealers specifying what you want to purchase and ask them to respond .

Turn this unfortunate situation into a new chapter of life - you should only be buying what you want , not what some jackass needs to sell .

safn1949

Mankato,MN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 04:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

H345 wrote:

You are lucky , as you may purchase from any dealer or manufacturer in the country that wants to earn your business . I would send e-mails to a dozen dealers specifying what you want to purchase and ask them to respond .

Turn this unfortunate situation into a new chapter of life - you should only be buying what you want , not what some jackass needs to sell .

X2,run away as fast as you can and look farther out,I bought from a dealer here in Mankato,MN and they really did it right.A1 customer service is out there,

Johnworth914

USA!

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PapPappy wrote:

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Most dealers are much more interested in selling them "as is" than getting involved in repairs that may or may not meet the buyer's satisfaction.

Then, they should list it "AS IS", so that there is no confusion. It is also somewhat confusing, that they would not work (on price) at all on this particular RV. Usually, there is some wiggle room. Especially now, when sales are sluggish.

their price, that is yours.

Happy Camping

No, AS IS has a specific legal definition. As is units do no come with warranties.

Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't see a problem. You two couldn't make a deal. Neither party should leave angry. Not going back is a personal choice.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 05:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been to dealers that keep used junk on the lot to show to prospective buyers. They will show you the junk, then try to sell you a new one.
Keep looking, there are plenty of good deals available on good used RV's.

psmoore

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have other appointments. Hopefully we'll get a better sales staff, that wants to make some money. I find it hard to believe in this economy that Camping World doesn't need the money. Oh Well, their loss.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Chicago Sales - Won't visit again.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS