|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> A/C Sportatic issues

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Aridon

SE Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm guessing the compressor is about to go. Let me list my symptoms:

Unit usually runs ok. Will tend to shut down despite the desired temp not being met. After the typical 3 or 4 minute period it starts back up and usually continues cooling. This happens a fair bit every day under heavy use (once an hour maybe? maybe twice).

Every so often (four times in the last two months), the fan will come on but the compressor will not turn on. It will shut down after the fan runs without the compressor after about 20 or 30 seconds.

After some time it will usually start back up again and work ok. Keep in mind I've been shutting the unit down when this happens and killing the breaker. Not sure why, just seemed the thing to do.

Capacitor seems to be ok I checked the voltage on turn on (when the compressor would fire up) and it was fine. Although I have not been on the roof checking it when the compressor wouldn't fire. These things usually work or don't work though so I've been ruling out a bad cap. Especially since it does work most of the time.

Figured the compressor is on its last legs. Sound about right? We use the heck out of that unit and in high temps. Its probably seen more use in the last 5 years than most units see in 20.

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified)

sc3283

St Louis

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 10:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if you have Dometic brand....quite possible a board issue, or connection between board and T stat or even a T stat and not the compressor

You need to check the amp draw with compressor running

04 D-Max Crew Dually

96 Monaco Dynasty 36'

mblanks2

Central Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/12 03:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sc3283 wrote:

if you have Dometic brand....quite possible a board issue, or connection between board and T stat or even a T stat and not the compressor

You need to check the amp draw with compressor running

X2

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> A/C Sportatic issues
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS