|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Buying Advice

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ut_pupcamper

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/12 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need some advice on buying our new trailer. I know that opinions are subjective but would like to hear feedback on experiences anyone has had for a couple of trailers I am looking at. I have also posted this in the Travel Trailer section so Mods if this is a no no I apologize and please lock one of the posts for me, thank you.

The 2 trailers I am looking at are the Rockwood 8286 WS Signature Ultra Light and the Keystone Cougar 330RBKWE. I'm not sure this is comparing apples to apples and the Cougar is a longer, heavier trailer and the Rockwood is loaded with options.

What I am anxious to hear is are there any owners from either and what has your experiences been with build quality. I think they are both comparable as far as the frame and box go but how about the interior. They are both new so it is hard to say how either will fare over time.

Thanks all for any help I can get and wish me luck.

Don & Alice

Camping in and around Utah
2013 Rockwood 8286WS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
2003 Ford F350 Lariat Super duty Crew Cab
6 kids 3 grand kids a dog a cat and Titan the killer Chiweenie

Camping in 2013: 15
Camping in 2012: 19

hutchman

Kennewick, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/12 09:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Cougar 31SAB and have been using it for the last 3 summers. It tows great and after the usual first few months of little issues, it has be problem free. The furniture seems to be holding up decently and at this time we have no issues.

Gripes....the owners package it comes with sucks....very little information on the coach itself. Other than that, I would buy another without hesitation.

2012 Ram 3500 CCLB dually, auto, Max Tow, 4.10s

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/12 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd check out www.rv.org and get the RV Consumer's Group rating of the rigs you are look at.
With regard to responses, pay more attention to the negative comments. We all want you to buy what we did so tend to `sell' our rigs too much.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

ut_pupcamper

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/12 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies and the link to the RV group. I have done some looking on the Internet and found what I could on both of the models. Really I don't think I can go wrong with either and it's going to come down to which dealer is willing to make the pit smell the best

kzspree320

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/12 09:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think they are both good trailers of about the same quality. We had a Cougar fiver for about 4 years and it was trouble free. I would pick based on floor plan you like best and the best deal.

ut_pupcamper

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/12 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well it looks like we will take the Rockwood. The deal was just too sweet to pass up. The dealer gave it to us for $35,000 with the Diamond Package, thats the same that RVwholesalers has it for. It really had everything we wanted/needed. I like the Reese Revolution pin box that the factory installed. And the outside kitchen is absolutely incredible. There was a slight kink in the decision, the dealer had a Denali 280lbs on the lot next to the Rockwood. I fell in love with the Denali and how much insulation that baby has but overall I just couldn't pass up all the features of the Rockwood and I love the Cherrywood cabinets and Corian counter tops.

There were a few little scratches and dings that we are having them fix before we pick it up and getting the new hitch installed. Now where to go for the maiden voyage? Of course we have to do camp driveway this weekend.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Buying Advice
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS