Hi Hobo. Good to hear from you and to see that you are still lurking on the forum. :C We had a hot 4th in Richland. I put a small windo AC unit in our "fire exit" window and put some foil backed bubble wrap (insulation) in the windows and those have really helped keep our trailer cool. :C :C
I'm still working in Omaha...for another 5 weeks. I'll sure be glad when this project is over (for several reasons). :R Looking for my next job/contract.
Well, Tom and Pat canceled out, but then showed up mid afternoon on Friday anyway just for Friday night though. They were making a trip out of it...over to Newport WA, up into Canada through Glacier Park up there (whatever they call it) and back through MT and ID. Dave and Colleen also showed up a little later on Friday and stayed through check-out time on Sunday. We all had a good time, although the temps didn't quite get to what the forecast was calling for (and that was fine). :c
Linda wants to know what time the heavy hors d'oeuvres should be ready.
Will we have access to a club house? Temperatures will be in the 90's.
I don't want Linda to melt, Hank.Don't know if we'll get the clubhouse...only have 3 rigs coming, and it usually take 10 rigs to get it. We'll see what we can swing.
And the heavy hors d'oeuvres we'll play be ear. Dave/Coleen will be late, don't know about Tom/Pat. We can also skip 'em and just do something for dinner. With the temp's forecasted for the mid 90's, we may just want to head out for dinner somewhere early. :C
When are you guys heading over?
If you are heading to Richland from thw west side over I-90, ignore your GPS!
Laura was over on the west side for the weekend, and when she came back, she kind of forgot how to get home, so she told the GPS to take her home. It did, but apparently not the best way.
Instead of turning south onto I-82 on the east side of Ellensburg, the GPS took her over to Vantage to connect with highway 240. Supposedly, that route is the shortest and quickest, but according to Laura, not really the safest, especially for RV's. She says everyone wants to do 80, there are very limited shoulders and no place to pass, so people were passing her in some pretty dangerous places.
So, head south on I-82, then east on I-182 to exit #4. Head north on 240 and follow the sign to Vantage (6th traffic light). The park is about 2 miles out on the right.
It's one week until rally time and I just want to see if anyone else is coming besides...Tom/Pat, Hank/Linda and Dave/Coleen. If so, let me know ASAP so I can let the office know to put you all together, or do the best they can. :)
See you next Friday. :C
I know, I've been kind of quiet on the forum lately, but I've been busy with work and traveling back and forth to Omaha. The weather there has been crazy...cool at night (60's), warming up during the day (80's) and plenty of thunderstorms. I haven't seen that much lightening since I was a kid in SLC.
The weather here in Richland is warming up nicely and is supposed to be in the 80's for the next week at least.
It's 4 weeks until rally time. I hope more of you decide to come. See you soon. :)
I will check with the office tomorrow to see about registration, but my guess is you'll just call in and reserve a spot. At this point, it doesn't look like we'll have 10 rigs to get a discount or be able to reserve the clubhouse, but I'll see if I can pull any strings and let you know tomorrow. I need to go bach through and figure out who's coming. :B
In other news... :)
My last day with Lockheed Martin at Hanford was last Thursday, and as it turns out, it was the last day for a lot of people. They didn't get the 2 week notice that I did though. They just got called into the manager's office and were told that the funding for their projects had been cut off, so it was their last day too. :( In my line of work, you sign a contract that basically says what you will and will not do, and that the length of the contract is for a certain length of time, but there is always wording in it that says that either party can terminate it at any time without notice or a reason. Yeah, fun.
But....I did manage to get another contract job in Omaha. No, we're not moving there! It's only supposed to last a couple months while the company looks for a full time replacement. It's kinda funny that they didn't do it as a contract to hire, but that's okay, living in tornado country isn't what we'd want to do, especially since tornadoes just love to target mobile home and RV parks. Laura is going to stay here while I fly back and forth for a few months. To cut down on my expenses, I'll stay there for 2-3 weeks at a time instead of flying back and forth every weekend ($600). I can stay at a hotel for the weekend for less than that. And yes, I'll be here for the rally (or at least I hope my manager will let me :B )
Yeah, I got your PM. Been busy the past few days. Got word that Lockheed Martin is pulling the plug on my one year contract 6 months early. My last day is next week. Might go full time though. Will have to wait and see.
Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Been busy at work and with other stuff. :R Anyway...
So who is still interested in getting together? A few months ago, I sent PM's to most of our old timer attendees. The replies I got back were...a couple said "probably not" (other commitments), a couple said "would love to", and the rest said "too early to commit". Everyone said "would love to see everyone again". We would need to have 10 rigs to get a discount on the nightly fee and be able to reserve the clubhouse. Otherwise, we'll just have the party at the back/side of someone's rig. :C
Please let me know if you're interested.
Have you decided where we're going? We have a tentative thing starting 06/08 in the Wenatchee area.Yep, we're talking about doing here at Horn Rapids in Rishland. It whould be an easy drive up to Wenatchee from here. :C