I would start here which is where I started when we bought our used Class C. I read every post and I would say 90% of my questions were answered in the forum. The other 10% I just googled the specifics on the issue and got lucking for manuals for my RV. Good Luck and Happy Trails
Thank you so much for inserting the link on the conversion calculator. I've been cutting all my recipes the same way 25%/25 degrees but this great! BIG HELP!
I've a home sized Sharp convection nuker not a smaller one but the cooking times and temps should be the same as the larger units assuming the power wattage is the same: decrease temperature by 25 degrees and reduce cooking time by 20% is a general formula.
Here's a Convection Calculator that might be of use:
Convection Oven Calculator
Anyone have any trouble getting GPS to work in your Class C? Does the overhang hinder the satellite signals?
We thought we'd have the same issue but our Garmin works great! It works the same as our Florida Sunpass for the tolls which mounts high on the windshield; not an issue.
Thanks for sharing! I too do this when we take long trips and I need to cut down on space and prep time. I will put together baking mixes like beer bread in a zip loc bag, writing the amount of beer to add and baking instructions on the bag with a Sharpie. Same for cakes from scratch, all dry ingredients go into the zip loc with remaining mixing and baking instructions written on it. One thing I do a little differently (if I have the room) is to freeze my chili in the same stainless steel pan then all I have to do when we get to camp is take it out and let it thaw in the fridge, then straight to the stove.
I never thought of the baking mixes, cakes - that's great. I've premixed some of my spices mixes for the crockpot, the roast and rubs into separate bags.
My son and daughter-in-law freeze fruit in bit size pieces for the grandkids for snacks and I want to try that for the next trip in July from Florida to Yellowstone
We have been taking some long trips in our 26' Class C and to keep the weight down as much as possible and make it as convenient as possible, I freeze flat in small ziploc bags everything from diced green/red peppers, carrots, onions, previously jarred pasta sauces, cubed chicken, slices of steak,hamburger, etc. To further cut down on weight, I've started draining canned vegetables and freezing (corn, peas, etc) and prepared foods like corned beef hash, soups, etc. This has been fantastic for us and when our grandchildren are traveling with us I don't have to spend so much time in the galley. I've repackaged the cereals, mac n cheese, all there favorites eliminating the boxes (which take up so much room). I'd like to do more and need some more ideas.
We replaced most of our cookware with silicone and absolutely love it. I've never had a problem with cleaning...(I use Progressive Brand mostly) and use a meatloaf pan with draining insert, muffins (large and tiny), the baking sheet, the round pans and a casserole dish, etc and they work great for me. My biggest problem is find sizes that will fit my convection oven; 12 inches max. As far as cleaning; I simply let them soak after cooking while we're eating and with a simply wipe they're clean. No stains etc. Also I use the collapsible colander, mixing bowls, small bowls, dish pan and these have REALLY help in the storage. Someone had mentioned the cost and I actually thought they were cheaper than mid-price baking pans and I've never had to replace any of them so they last for me. Hopes this help with your decision but I won't be giving up my silicone..