|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> spray in liners and campers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
JCL

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/02 10:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm looking at getting a spray in liner for my f250. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these liners and campers - do they cut or scuff with the weight of the camper, etc. Also, I am interested if any one brand is superior to the others. Any info will be appreciated
Thanks
JCL

dbkennel

Puget Sound WA USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/02 02:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went with Line-X brand. It does seem a bit rough. I also kept the rubber mat under the camper. It seems to be holding up real well, looks new still. I am planning on putting Line-X on my new truck when I get it.
I asked at Line-X about not getting a rubber mat for my new set-up, and He thought getting another rubber mat for the new truck/camper was a good idea. hope this helps
kim

BillS

Mount Pleasant, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/02 05:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a rubber bed mat to keep the Lance camper from moving. I bought it a Pep Boys for around $60. I looked at Wal-Mart and they do sell them for about the same price, but at the time I bought mine, they were out of stock.

Bill

'03 Lance 1121
'03 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

plbjorn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/02 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You spoke of the rubber mat under the camper. I just purchased a slidein camper and would like to know where you purchased the mat and approximate cost? Also any information you would share with me as to the purpose of the mat.

*This Message was edited on 06-Mar-02 06:18 PM by plbjorn*

Fireguy

Agua Dulce, Ca.

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/02 09:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi JCL
I have a 2001 F-350. I had Rhino Lining applied. It was a toss up between Line-x or Rhino and most people I talked to prefered Rhino. (I realize everyone has there own opinion). I have been very happy with it. The camper rides good on it with no sliding, moving, etc. I have a Lance 1121 so it is heavy. It doesn't even leave any marks on the bed lining so it is good stuff. Good luck Fireguy

rch101

Kenosha, WI USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/02 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JCL,

I have an F-250 and had a Zebart Spray On Liner applied soon after seeing what the plastic bed liner did to the bed. I had this applied before it was fashionable as I had seen it in many contractors trucks in Cleveland. I don't remember the brand name or if Zebart still does it. Seeing some of the newer products on the market today I will say that my liner is much thicker. It has been great, and I can fix my own chips if necessary.

I also had a Jayco Slide in and never seemed to have any problems with scratching or scraping of the bed liner. However my Jayco had wood skids built into the bottom of the camper. So it was wood resting on the steel bed.

KC9BZV Seasonal Camper at Happy Acres Kampground Bristol, Wisconsin

1992 Ford F-250 XLT Super Cab (351 CID, E4OD, 4:10) Camper and 8800# Special Series

2001 K-Z New Vision 3153Px3

JCL

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/02 06:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Boondock,
As a matter of fact, I just had line-x installed yesterday. Looks great. Hopefully it will live up to expectations.

Thanks everyone for your responses
JCL

dbkennel

Puget Sound WA USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/02 03:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got mine rubber matt from http://www.jcwhitney.com
for about $80.

Fireguy

Agua Dulce, Ca.

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/02 06:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Bill
Do you have a spray on lining or just use a bed mate? Fireguy

BOONDOCK

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/02 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JCL,

I have had two trucks with spray-in bedliners. One had Rhino and the other Line-x. Both are of very good quality, but I would have to say that the line-x maintained it's original beauty a little longer. I just had my latest truck sprayed with it again. I have just purchased my first camper, so I have yet to see what kind of damage it might do. I have hauled countless loads of lumber, wood, dirt, rocks, etc. and the Line-x has always stood up to the task. I am very satisfied with it. Good luck.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> spray in liners and campers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS