|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> AAA for RV Vs. ERS via Good Sam's

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
dnix@ra.rockwell

Dallas, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/02 06:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any input of personal preferance or experiance would be appreciated.

M. Dean Nix
ex-Silent Service
'01 F250, Crew Cab, 4x4, Lariat, LWB, V-10 & 4.3 rear-end
'05 Gulf Stream Canyon Trail, 31FRBH (double slides)
36RQ Winnebego Chieftain P30 454 (Last RV, ebay purchase, great story)(SOLD)

Ipanema

Punta Gorda, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/02 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dean:
I don't have either. I use FMCA's/CoachNet and they have been great. You need to ask AAA if they have the full services like ERS thru Good Sams or CoachNet. Make a check list and then decide. Good phone service nationwide was critical for us and also to get to speak to technicians for help.
I also have a ERS through State Farm for $3.20 per year although never used it and likely won't unless I am at home or nearby.

Ed and Lilian

Penn State Class of 1956

SmilnJackw

Kennewick WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/02 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have State Farm and Coach-Net. Because towing an RV expensive I have had the experience of using CoachNet it didn't cover the whole bill and State Farm picking up the balance. I would consider keeping both your vehicle ERS and getting Coach-Net because they have knowlegeable people on the phone for help.

*This Message was edited on 04-Apr-02 09:06 AM by SmilnJackw*

Chuck S.

Tonasket, Wa. 98855

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/02 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dean, I also use Coachnet and have had great service across the country. Happily only a couple of times, one up in the woods 20 miles from the nearest town. I used to have AAA but they were very poor with motorhomes and service was lousy. They are ok with light stuff but use services too light for big stuff. They also do not specialize when they call someone to aid you. Chuck.....

SF Dave

San Francisco, CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/02 09:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dean, I just asked about Good Sam or Camper World ERS. The replys I got gave excellent reviews to both but all were against AAA even with the RV + . Check recent thread, forget if on newbee's or Camper Van forum. One old thread given to me had lots of good info. Try : www.rv.net/fourms/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/CFB/1/tid/85096.cfm

Dave, 2001 Pleasureway, Excel,RD

wdcusick

On the road with "domicile" of Sioux Falls, SD USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/02 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have both the Good Sam and AAA and have used them both with our older motor home that was on its last legs. The reason we used them both is that neither one covers everything but by having the combination we could get towed hundreds of miles by one or just have a battery jumped by the other. We have not yet needed either one with our present coach but because of our past experience are keeping both.

Bill & Sandra Cusick + Brandy (a Golden Retriever)
1999 GB Cruise Master 3515FS
2001 Honda CRV toad

ecdonken

FL. 32FT. WIN ADVENTURER 2001

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/02 11:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stay away from AAA. All they want is your money.

pzollo

Fort Washington, PA 19034

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/02 11:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had AAA for years, when I got our motorhome I called them and registered it with them. When I called for a problem they told me they did not cover Motorhomes in all areas, (even though they took the extra fee). I switched to FMCA and have only had to use them twice, once for the RV and once for the TOAD. I could not say enough good things about the service, especially the service centers they sent me to. In Florida this winter a wheel bearing went on my TOAD, the dealer moved us up on the list since we were traveling and since FMCA sent us.
There are probably plans as good, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I'm staying with FMCA

Pat & Nancy Zollo
2005 Excursion 39J
Spartan Chassis
Jeep Cherokee Toad

OldBaldGuy

The wilds of Arizona for the winter

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/02 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a highway cop for 30 years, I came upon many broken down RVs. Without a doubt Good Sam is the way to go, at least from my experience. They responded quickly and got the members to whatever type service they needed with the least amount of hassle. Now that I am retired and have an RV, I am a Good Sam member. I also have coverage thru my State Farm policy, but if I ever need help GS will get the call first...

OBG

Ipanema

Punta Gorda, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/02 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pzollo:
You were lucky in FL. When I had a faulty engine thermostat in Wisconcin, I was towed 40 plus miles to a Ford dealer/service shop. They negated my pleas to take a look that same day as we had two dogs with us and weren't sure of finding a place to stay. After two overnights at a motel, they got to our MH....a normally one hour job to replace the thermostat. Of course, they charged me for 2-1/2 hours of labor for a $10. part. The service managers response was, "our local customers come first".

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> AAA for RV Vs. ERS via Good Sam's
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS