RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: New Motorhome Purchase Walk Through

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> New Motorhome Purchase Walk Through

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
nielsms

Sandy, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/02 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah hoooooo!

After 10 weeks it's finaly here!!!!!

Anyway was looking for some tips (other than the obvious) on the walk through. I want be as through as possible. Any input would be appericiated.

Thanks

Winnebago 2002 Adventure 32V
1994 SeaRay 21' Boat

R2

Victoria, BC, CANADA

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/02 10:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nielsms here is a site that has checklists and I believe one you are looking for http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/

Rob & Sue & Merlin (Lhasa Apso)
1999 V10 TRIPLE E COMMANDER
2000 HONDA CIVIC toad

no18yes

Salem, OR

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/02 12:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a stickler for perfection. I went through my 32' Adventurer with a very critical eye. I found a crack in the bathroom sink. The sound system did not sound right. Found the speaker under the frige had a missing wire connection. There was a horrible rattle in the floor vent infront of the doghouse. The base was resonnating a metal flapper vent. I put some foam around it. The slide out did not slide out evenly. The rubber seal on the slide out kept curling under as it slid out. The mirror was hung crooked. The dog house rubber gasket was installed in a way that part of it was looped out onto the rug. These are only the inside things. Outside while washing and waxing it from top to bottom. I discovered cracks in the roof fiberglass. Very poor paint job on the front and rear areas and cracks in the windshield. The best way to check everything is to take it on a short trip and put it through its paces. Write everything down and keep a detailed log on all that you find out of the ordinary. I have set in that nice easychair and read the various manuals and walked through the proceedures that they refer to. Always include the bride. She is an extra pair of eyes and ears that can help reinforce your confidence. If she says, "Honey, come here and look at this," or "listen, do your hear that!" You better investigate. Good luck and happy trails. We had all our goofs fixed by our dealer and are enjoying it very much.

LG

okla.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/02 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MAKE THEM FILL EVERYTHING UP WITH FLUILDS INCLULDING FUEL.THE REASON FOR THAT IS THEY WOULDN'T FILL MINE UP WITH FUEL AND WHEN I TOOK IT OVER TO FILL UP IT DUMPED 20 OR 30 GALLONS OUT IN THE STREET AND HAD TO CALL FIRE DEPT. TO CLEAN UP. THE DEALER DID NOT WANT TO COME OVER AND TAKE CARE IT SO I TOLD HIM HE COULD HAVE IT BACK.HE SHOWED UP THEN.I WOULD NOT LET THEM FILL IT UP UNLESS YOU ARE WITH THEM AND SAME GOES ON WATER PROPANE AND THEN PUT WATER IN DUMP TANKS AND DUMP YOURSELF.IF ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING IS WRONG DO NOT TAKE UNTILL IT IS ALL FIXED.IF YOU WILL DO THIS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE ANY BAD SURPRISES.I KNOW YOU ARE READY FOR NEW COACH BUT THIS IS THE BEST WAY EVEN IF IT TAKES A MONTH TO GET IT FIXED.THEY WILL TELL YOU TO TAKE IT NOW AND THEY WILL FIX LATER.WRONG.
HAVE FUN.

cdc

New Braunfels,TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/02 09:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best advice anyone could give is "BE THOROUGH". Ensure that they thoroughly explain, to your satisfaction, how everything works. Any discrepancies should be noted on the Pre-delivery Checklist (PDI). If your not totally satisfied, do not, repeat do not accept the MH.

Corky, Gracie, and the Herd
HR Imperial DP
Jeep Liberty

johnandkathy1999

Bedford,TX-USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/02 12:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nielsms,
I think I speak for everybody when I say congratulations on your new MH.

John

pink floyd

El Paso, TX

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/02 11:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw a great idea in a previous post. Take along your video camera and have someone record everything. It will not only document the condition and the instructions given, it will allow you to go back and remember any 'how to' items without distracting your attention writing down notes during the walk through.

wallynm

Los Alamos NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/02 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use the cam camcorder and a ditigal camers to document any problems. The more pictures the better. They are useful when you return from your shake down trip to show the service department.

*This Message was edited on 13-Apr-02 01:30 PM by wallynm*

Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner Yahoo Group or FCOC Web Page

2002 DSDP 3567 PUSHED BY KITTY KAT

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Henry & Anne

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/02 10:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will love your new motorhome. Camcorder or piece of paper...either way. You probably won't find much wrong on the walkthru. Make sure they go with you on the ride and go a long way...they are paying for the gas the first time anyway. Good luck making them fill it up...would cost them too much. They did fill up our propane and gave us about 1/4 - 1/2 tank. We didn't have any major problems with our Adventurer, just piddly stuff. They fixed everything...just write it down and have them give you their list also. Most dealers are honest... Happy Trails!!

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/02 10:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know I'm too late for the walk through - Congratulations on the new MH. I'm sure that you will enjoy it.

Tom

2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad

Have you seen the RV.Net Blogs? You can subscribe at Blog.RV.Net

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> New Motorhome Purchase Walk Through
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: