|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Tire pressure on you Class C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
WA1NLA

North Windham, Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/02 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What are most of you running for tire pressure on your Class C RV's with the 225/75/R16 inch tires. I have the Bridgestones and run with 65 lbs in the front and 75 lbs in the dual rears. Max inflation on them is 80lbs on the tire, but was wondering if those numbers hold pretty true for most of you. I usually run this right at the limit of the 10,500 lb load. Tnx in advance for replys....

George & Jane
1994 F-350, Dually, Diesel 7.3 Turbo,5 Speed Manual
5th Wheel Hoilday Rambler, Prodigy Brake Controller
Ham Radio Call WA1NLA
Retired Ironworker/steel erector.
Down the Road Again.....

Old Snipe

Full Timer

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/02 07:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my 31' Class C I run 80 PSI front and rear. Mfg's tag says 80 PSI rear/65 PSI front. However, until I get a chance to actually weigh my rig, I'm erring on the safeside and going with max inflation. Also have found that the tires do lose air in between checkings, so a little extra air keeps me closer to safer inflation levels that much longer. I have the Firestone SteelTex tires that have been so controversal on this board, but now have 7K miles on them and so far, so good.
Best Regards!

Paul D
2007 Winnebago Journey 39K, Cat C7 350 HP
(aka "R SANITY")
2003 Honda Element 4WD Toad
www.rsanityrvtravels.blogspot.com

cdb7777

Hamlin WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/02 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I run 80#'s all four and have 22,000 with little wear.

mitch

Edmond, OK

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/02 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Michelins. I originally intended to carry less pressure in the front, but the dealer who installed the tires advised 80# all around, so that's what I have done.

Mitch, Amanda, and the cats.
29' Class C, Winnebago Chalet

"Inside every older person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

pawneedan

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/02 04:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We inflate our front tires to 75 psi and the rear duals to 80 psi. We have over 20,000 miles and the tires still look new.

Pawnee Dan
Sometimes I just sits and thinks,
and sometimes I just sits............

Dick Campagna

Mt Laurel, NJ, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/02 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had our 31' Minnie Winnie weighed by A'Weigh We Go, so I go by the info they gave me (based on Firestone's charts), but I add two psi to take care of any small loss while I'm checking pressure, etc. Bottom line: 82 rear/75 front. The tires came with 13/32" tread depth, and, after 15K, are only down to 11/32" all the way across each tire.

Dick (& Geri) Campagna
'06 Itasca Cambria 26A (BIGNUF)
'08 Honda CR-V EX 4WD toad (BIGNUF2)
Blue Ox Aladdin/VIP-TowBrake

WA1NLA

North Windham, Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/02 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tnx for all the replys on the tire pressures. I ended up going 75 in rear and 70 in front. Thats up from the sticker on the RV but I am running close to max, yet below the 80 lbs max on tires. I feel it allows for major heat build up out west while running and max load, yet I'm in the ballpark with everyone else. Ended up today having to replace a weeping water pump. Slight drip but they only get worst so put on a new one. Lot cheaper to do it in my yard then be at the mercy of some unknown out in the boondocks.
Just gotta add the conditioner in the water and drain it and we are off and running. Tnx again for all the replys.

Ugo

Norwalk, CT

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/02 09:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 24' Fourwinds. The tire Air pressures are set to the MFG sticker. That's 65 # in front and 60# on the duel rears. The tires are Firestone 225/75/R16 and Max out at 80#. I found the ride to be extremely bumpy, especially in the rear, even on a fairly smooth flat looking roadway. The only other way I can explain it is being a very hard ride. The motor home has very few dealer options installed and with the exception of a full fresh water tank and 2 passengers I maybe carry an additional couple hundred pounds of weight. The RV is new to us so most of the storage area's are empty. So I'm probably no where near the Maximum weight limit. Do you think the ride will get better as I load the RV with additional items? I am also considering getting the RV weighed and possibly lowering the PSI in the tires if the manufactures chart allows for it. With this being my first Motor home I'm really not sure if my ride expectations are to high. Any opinions?

Ugo and Kellie
Joyanna & Anthony Mattera

2002 Chevy Avalanche, Z71,
2004 Rockwood TT

blocker4243

Mi

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/02 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

65 lbs all the way around

RVRon

Newburgh, NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/02 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am in the trucking business. I run both axles of my RV at max load or 80psi. If you read the news regarding the Ford Expolorer/Firestone debacle, you would notice that Firestone was blaming tire failures on Ford recommending a lower air pressure (for a better ride?) than the tire manufacturer. Ford of course disagreed. Regardless, I run all my tires at max load pressure on all vehicles, and it works for me, RV wise and commercially.

Ron in NY
"Too young to retire, too old to work!"

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Tire pressure on you Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: