RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: campground-memberships.com?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> campground-memberships.com?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
RamCaTL

Roseville, CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/02 11:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am interested in the program offered by http://www.campground-memberships.com. Apparently they are offering a "home park" to join, which gets you a Resort Parks International (RPI) membership as well as a Passport America membership for $495 (or $445.50 if you purchase online).

He suggests making your "home park" someplace that you may never go in order to get around the 125 mile restriction. He also says that you get entry into all NACO parks just as if they were RPI (same owner) and also you get two annual passes to Thousand Trails (4 nights each that can be split up).

Yearly maintenance fees for the home park are locked at $99/year for life and in addition to that, the RPI fee of $55 and the Passport America fee of $39 would be a total of $183/year.

That sounds pretty good to me - anyone have any dealings with them?

RamCaTL & Family
Kelty Family Dome Tent
One Wife, Two Kids and Chester the Miniature Pinscher
Go Sacramento KINGS!
http://www.thompent.com/camping/index.html

Rufinit

Seattle WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/02 11:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Haven't dealt with that company, but did a private transaction. A friend no longer was rv'ing so gave us their membership to a park a long ways from home. We were charged a $200 transfer fee which was steep, but since I didn't pay anything else, it was okay. It included a lot of Coast to Coast coupons so that helped offset. It works well. Some parks however enforce the 125 mile rule from your home rather than your home park. The passport america deal can be gotten from Camping world for $39 per year. I have PRI and Coast to Coast and think C2C is better than RPI, more parks. TT is okay and a nice bonus.

The key is the annual dues. $99 is good. I know some that charge over $300 per year. Make sure the dues are locked in for life and you can drop the membership (and not be committed for life). Not a bad deal overall. You might get one for a little less, but what you see is a pretty good deal, with what it includes. Talk to them about C2C

Joe in Seattle
2006 Newmar Essex 4502
2003 Honda CRV EX
Winter: Outdoor Resorts Motorcoach Country Club, Indio CA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> campground-memberships.com?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS