|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Home Park and Coast to Coast

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
RandJ

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/02 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for some experienced Coast to Coast members. Can you tell us the best way to find the least expensive home park to buy so we can join Coast to Coast. I see ads in MH magazine but they are all very expensive. Is there another way to go about this or a way to get discounts at RV resorts without having to buy a membership in a home park. Thanks so much!

Ralph and Judy
97 Pace Arrow

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/02 11:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Although we opted for RPI, we bought our membership through Choice Camping(800-235-5992)who also offer C2C. Our home park is The Caverns RV Resort in Huachuca City, AZ and they were the least expensive home park by far. And,since they are so far south in AZ, the vast majority of the US well beyond the 125 mile radius rule.

rogerl4

Leona Valley, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/02 01:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RandJ:
Check into the free ones that advertise in Trailer Life and Highways. We got one of those about four years ago, in order to get C2C and RPI, and it has worked out real well. We had to pay $75 processing fee and $99 a year to the home park (Shilo in Louisiana) but there are no other fees, except the C2C and RPI yearly fees. It would be worth looking into.

Maduckie

Oshawa ON Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/02 12:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With C2C, keep in mind that the 125 miles rule applies to both the home park and your home if in different geographic area (ie New York and Az)

Also, check message boards in local supermarkets etc where a C2C park is located. In our area of NY there are often ads for people wishing to sell their memberships, sometime for nominal amount and to get rid of annual dues.

Also check classified ads in local areas for ads - try locating papers on-line.

We have been C2C members for 11 years and would still buy if we could turn the clock back. One of the best decisions we have made.

*This Message was edited on 30-May-02 12:54 PM by Maduckie*

[purple][b]MaDuckie, Hubbie and 15 and 17 year old duckies[/purple][/b] [red]2003 Wildcat 26 FBS TT [/red] [blue]2002 Green Chevy Avalanche 4x4[/blue] 5300 Vortec - 3.73 rear end[/blue] [green]Reese Dual Cams Tekonsha Prodigy[/green]

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

PRT

NY~FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/02 05:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used Choice Camping too and our homepark is also the Caverns. We have C2C and Good Neighbor parks in our package and have been very pleased with the service and the camping. I will be very surprised if we ever go to the Caverns, to be honest, but the deal was great.
Pat

Pat
May the road rise with you, the wind be always at your back.

RandJ

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/02 03:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to all who responded. Experience is worth more than any ads that we could read. We definitely will look into all of these.

johnclar63

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/02 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Ralph:

I am going to cut and paste a response I made to a similar inquiry last year. I have been a coast to coast member for about 1 year now and I am extremely happy with the decision I made last May.

See below:
-------------------------------
Coast to Coast in my opinion is a great system. I have heard that AOR and RPI are similar.
If you are looking at RPI, Coast to Coast, camping memberships I can recommend a reseller that has made me very happy and others that I have recommended to him happy as well.

I spent a lot of time doing research on camping memberships in the spring - and concluded that a membership like Coast to Coast/AOR or RPI was likely the most useful in terms of quality and convenience. After research I purchased a "resale" (a home park that was being sold by a previous owner) home park and joined Coast to Coast. I was extremely happy with the quality of camp sites I stayed at this past summer - for $6 camping card per night. The way COast to COast works is you buy into a 'home park' and then you can use any affiliated park in the system for a $6 camping card per night. My total outlay for my home park was $249 to purchase the resale - the cost of coast to coast is $79 per year and my home park dues are less than $100 per year. Now I am camping at A++ resorts for $6 camping card per night. My total outlay for 30 nights last summer was - $249 + 6x30 (cards) = $429. This is less than $15 per night! If I did not live in Canada I might be able to camp past October and before April giving it even more value.

Next year my outlay will be $99 (park fees) + $69 (Coast to Coast renewal online) = $168 + $6 per night.

In my mind 10 days of camping next year and I am way ahead of the game.

I researched the internet and discovered that there are many resellers of home parks - and I can highly recommend one called Campground Membership Outlet that is located in Clermont, Florida. If you are looking for good unbiased information about Coast to Coast, RPI, AOR or other camping membership deals I would suggest giving Dan Monaghan a call at this business before you decide on any camping membership. He has many options for purchasing low priced home parks with annual maintenance fees that are $99, $49 or some even lower. He sells homeparks that are Coast to Coast/RPI and AOR. (As I said I can highly recommend Coast to Coast). He has great prices with low fees.

In May I completed a flawless long distance transaction with him - I am from Ontario Canada - and he very efficiently sold me a membership at a Coast to Coast resort that had both a low initial fee and low yearly maintenance fees. I do not work for him or his outlet - I do receive a referral credit from him if you mention my name when you call him.
If you give him a call at 1-800-272-0401 I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the price he quotes - or at least have some more information before you make your purchase.

Ask him about Breckenridge Lake Resort in Tennessee (a Coast to COast deluxe resort) - that is the one that I purchased from him.

If you call him and mention that I referred you (John Clarke from Ontario) he will give me a referral credit to my account - so I would
appreciate it if you mentioned my name.

Hope this helps - if you want any other information please feel free to email me at johnclar@hotmail.com

J Clarke

Ontario, Canada

Rufinit

Seattle WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/02 10:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were given a membership in a park that has coast to coast and RPI for the transfer fee cost of $200 with $99 per year dues. We have found that it is very cost effective, but more importantly to us, we can stay in very nice parks. When traveling, there are not many parks close to big cities but that's okay. Coast to Coast website has good info, including a directory of all the parks. You also get Good Neigbor parks which are parks open to the public that you can stay in for $11 per night.

Here's the C2C link:

http://www.coastresorts.com

and the RPI link:

http://resortparks.com/

Check them out for more info

Joe in Seattle
2006 Newmar Essex 4502
2003 Honda CRV EX
Winter: Outdoor Resorts Motorcoach Country Club, Indio CA

cruiser

Healdsburg, Ca.

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/02 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paulin, I'm very interested in knowing more about your RPI membership. Talking with someone who actually has a membership, is much more informative than their information packet. We are thinking about buying one also, but becoming full-timers next month we'll be needing accomadations nationwide, do they provide this? have you used their camps in states other than the one you live? I was just reading an offer on the internet with a purchase price of $495, + $99. yearly dues and $5. camping fee per night, is this about right? Do they limit your stay to 7 night or less? What about reservations? are they needed or can you just drive in? We are very spur of the moment people and like to just get up and go, so making reservations more than a few days in advance would be a real pain. Originally our plan was to utilize the National Parks, State parks & BLM campgrounds, but I have since found out that most of those are booked a year in advance and paying up to $30.+ a night at RV parks is not in my budget. Any information you can give as would be most appreciated. This is why this forum is fantastic, being able to ask real people, using real products, helps those of us who are just starting out. Cruiser - Itasca 32v Suncruiser

RandJ

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/02 04:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joe in Seattle...

Where did you find a home park for just $200? Thanks for the web addresses, we will certainly look at them.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Home Park and Coast to Coast
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS