|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> great ideas

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
BAM141

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/02 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While camping recently we became friends with the couple in the site next to ours ( one of the many benefits of camping, of course). During a conversation about keeping the TT clean, he suggested attaching clothes pins to the gutter spouts to keep rainwater away from the TT and reduce black streaks. It works great. (He also suggested tha I read this forum which was another great idea..thanks Wayne)
My question is...what other great, simple, inexpensive ideas have readers come up with to enhance their camping experiences?

2000 Suburban 2500 4WD, 6 liter V-8 vortex, 3.73 axle ratio, heavy duty towing package
Sunline T280SR with Reese Heavy duty WD and dual cam sway control

PWALT0366

Brownsburg, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/02 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not have any more ideas, but would like you to expand on the one you listed. I am having trouble creating a vision of the suggestion. I get alot of black streaks on my TT.

Thanks

gravechic

Southern Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/02 08:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the great idea, but I'm going to try it for another reason! We just moved up from a pop-up to a travel trailer this spring. The one thing we can't figure out how to fix has to do with the rain gutter. We have a front bed, and when it's damp outside, after it's been condensating for awhile (usually around 5:00 am), it makes what seems like an extremely loud dripping noise as it's dripping on the side of the camper, very near to our heads! If it's actually raining, it doesn't bother us because it's a steady stream, and we don't hear it. I am going to try the clothespin idea on our next camping trip!

2 Adults
2 boys(11 & 15)
2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2002 Wildwood LE 26BH

Carter

Rock Hill, SC USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/02 06:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried the clothes pins trick and the water from the AC still wanted to drip at the end of the gutter and not follow the the clothes pin. I have made a slight improvement to this tip that works for me.

I take an empty milk jug and cut a short trough out of the side of it. It is preform into a trough. Then hot melt glued it to the clothes pins. Now the water follows the trough to the end and does not get on the trailer.

Thanks for the tip.

*This Message was edited on 16-Jun-02 06:13 AM by Carter*

Ohio Hunter

cleveland ,ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/02 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where the gutter rolls down the side of your trailer. Just attach a clothespin to the gutter. it will make the water travel about 2 inches away from the side wall of trailer and fall right to the ground.

'01 F-250 SD SC SB 5.4L 4.10 143"wb
'01 Nomad 308 Scout
Husky w/d w/sway control

BAM141

York, PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/02 12:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pwalt....attach the clothespin 90 degrees to the section of your gutter where the rainwater drains. The rainwater will follow the clothespin and drip from it instead of along the TT. I Still get blacksteaks near the awning poles, but will tackle that one later.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> great ideas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS