|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Wabbit

Auburn, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/02 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking at Thousand trails campsites, and they seem to be in all the places my family would want to go.

How much is the membeship and dues for Thousand Trails? Any information on likes/dislikes would be nice too. Any other recommendations for member resorts in Washington/Paciic Northwest would also be helpfun

2004 Suburban 1500 (for camping fun)
2004 Acura RSX (for driving fun)
2005 Skyline/Nomad 248LT

Me, wife, one child, a few kites, a stiff breeze and a 3-day weekend. Who could want more?

Jrork

Silverdale, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/02 10:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been members for approx. 8 years and couldn't be happier.
We are in Seabeck,Washington and have visited many of the NW sites.
If you want to email me with the specific questions you have, I'll see if we can answer them.
jrork@puget.com

BigMamaKat

Poughkeepsie, NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/02 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a 30 day free stay at thousand trails when we bought our fleetwood pop-up 2 summers ago. We didn't get around to using it until last summer - close to when it was running out. We went to the Chesepeake VA preserve and liked it alot. We did think for our needs (we both work f/t) that it was expensive. They did run a special for a national membership for $2995. We didn't take advantage of the offer at the time and it expired. I called in May to make sure i could remain on the mailing list. I told them about the expired offer and that I would be interested in any similar offers that would come along. They called me back and offered me the membership for $2995 with $398/yr dues. We signed up.

Me, Shpilkah and
Hawkeye the Camping Cat

2002 H/R Atlantis 30PBS
Nissan 200SX Toad
Roadmaster Falcon Tow Bar
Remco Lube Pump
Steer Safe
SMI Brake
Big Foot Hydro Levelers

Turn Key

North Central Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/02 09:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a member but did check it out at Lake Whitney, Texas about 2 years ago. Don't remember the price now but we did think that it was worth it if you use it enough. We are not in a position to be camping that much plus we're not sure if we want to be restricted to their parks, nice as they are.
If these two factors aren't a problem and you like the idea, I'd say give it a try.
PS: I have a friend who was a member for many years. He sold his membership when his kiddos grew up and he and his wife quit camping. He has told me that he thought it was well worth it.

Turn Key and DW
Pepsi, One Very Spoiled Boston Terrior
'03 Chevy 2500HD, 4X4, X-Cab, Long-Bed
'04 K-Z "Durango", 275RK ("Sunday Haus II")
Twin Kayaks, "The Ride" by Wilderness Systems

Matt in AZ

Glendale, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/02 11:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are limited members, and have access to three TT campgrounds. We were introduced to them when we got a four month membership with the Fleetwood Yukon travel trailer we bought in 1989. We visited the Verde Valley Preserve many times until it ran out. Since then, the cost of certain memberships has dropped, so we signed up. We use the Verde Valley preserve as a first night and last night destination as we leave and return to the Phoenix area. I only wish I had more time to spend there.

Camper Al

Merced, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/02 10:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wabbit, If you're interested in buying a TT membership, I've one to sell. My Father is 93 & is no longer driving (Dr's orders!) No one else in the family is interested in Rving.

allynne

Lakewood WA USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/02 11:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wabbit,

Can't comment on TT, but if you are interested in NW resorts then look at KM located if Fife WA.
They have 7 properties in the state. Squim, Newport, Randle, Ocean Shores area etc.
Now sure of the cost now, but I am a very satisfied member. Coast to Coast member also.

allynne
01 DSDP FL/Cat
FMCA F296601
NKK12927

Jrork

Silverdale, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/02 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, the internet is amazing, someone from Silverdale and Seabeck posting on the same subject. It really is a small world.

ronaldmartel

Anderson, AL

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/02 11:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a little more data. I stayed at one in the
Cuyuamaca Mts about two hours east of San Diego in 1998 and it was very nice. They had free fishing for the little ones in a little stocked pond and swimming pool that was clean. We got to stay free on a promotion.

Happy Camping

klee

Caddo Mills, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/02 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is the Thousand Trails membership still for sale?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS