|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Sam ERS vs. AAA Plus

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
fanman

East Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/02 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently purchased the AAA Plus service which covers emergency service for my RV and any automobile I or my wife are riding in. The regular AAA membership does not normally cover RVs but the AAA Plus does. I've heard a lot about the Good Sam ERS and looked into it but it seemed the AAA Plus was about the same price plus it would cover any automobile I was riding in even if I wasn't the driver.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has compared these two services and whether I missed something by choosing the AAA Plus plan instead of the Good Sam ERS.
Thanking you in advance for any comments.

Fanman. . . usually blowing a lot of hot air!
2011 Newmar Bay Star
2005 Saturn VUE

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/02 06:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Fanman,
There has been discussion about this earlier. I don't have either one so can't give you a first hand opinion, but here is one discussion. You can also use the search feature and type in AAA Insurance for more info.
http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fusea........FB/1/TID/126414/DoOnePage/Yes/page/1.cfm
Hope this helps you.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, 7.3L PSD
Visit our website here

Don&Kristi

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/02 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yes In AZ triple a plus will not cover an rv plus AAA charges for extra drivers GS does not also GS will cover all my cars no matter who is driving again AAA will not Good Luck Don

Bigdog

silverdale wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/02 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Based on info that I got from a thread I started about a month ago, I changed over to ERS from AAA+RV as it was cheaper and a lot of people had good things to say about it. The AAA membership was up to about $140.00 for me, my partner and the trailer. GS ERS was $79.95 for the same coverage and some extra items such as the EMS, etc.What with Trailer Life, MapQuest,etc., I really don't need the AAA maps anymore. It's more fun to sit in front of the computer planning your own trips and replanning them and then doing it over again. I hope that we made the right choice, but then it's really not something you want to have to ever use, is it?

GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

fanman

East Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/02 07:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the information. I may have messed up with the AAA Plus purchase but hey, I hope I don't have to use it. The information was quite helpful and I'm sorry to have brought up a topic that was recently discussed. Forgot to check the search engine but I'll try to do that next time.

Thanks again and safe motoring.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/02 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fanman,
No need to apologize for bringing up an old topic again. I certainly did not intend to imply anything wrong when I mentioned that this was discussed previously. I only mentioned that to make you and others aware that there was information available here on that topic. A newcomer here might not realize that. I frequently will refer back to a previous thread when giving an answer to a question and others often do the same.
Barney

Jim Reed

Burley, Idaho, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/02 11:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have l;ooked into AAA and GS and compared with my collision insurance with Allstate. They have a plan that is comparable to GS and costs about the same. I have had Allstate coverage for many years and never had any problems with claims. So last trip I bought Allsatate the day I started the trip. 2 days later I called them for a stalled RV in ND. They were super and stayed on the line with me till I was satisfied. I am very happy with the service.
Jim

See ya on the road
Jim, Velma & Grandpa & Paisley (the cat)
1993 Rexhall Airex Mod 827, Ford 460 w/tag
2001 Suzuki Grand Vitata XL-7

Brent Hunt

San Diego, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/02 10:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like you, I chose AAA over Good Sam until I had to use it for my RV.
I cancelled AAA and got a refund for the balance of service and sign up with Good Sam & their ERS.

eyebowl@softhome.net

AlegroDave

Canyon Country, Ca USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/02 08:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i have had AAA for 14 years but when I checked into there RV coverage it just did not add up they will only cover up to $200.00 per disablemant and you are only allowed (4) disablements per year. How much is it going to cost to have a tow truck come out that is able to pick up a 22,000 pound RV? much more than $200.00. I have not used my GS ERS but its nice to know that it is there. i will probably keep the AAA for a while any way but there RV coverage just doesn't add up right.

02 Allegro Bay 35db WH22
Sterling Tow Bar
VW Jetta Toad
Pilot (me)
Copilot (future Wife)
2005 Harley Davidson Road King (his)
2005 Harley Davidson Fat Boy (hers)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Good Sam ERS vs. AAA Plus
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues