|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Reese Quikslide 15K or 16K

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
SteveNC

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/02 07:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont have a fiver yet but one of the local RV dealers is having a special this weekend and has 25% off on parts. So I'm thinking about buying a fifth wheel hitch, just not sure which one I should get. Is there any difference between the two besides the 1k pound rating. Price of the Quikslide 15K is $423 and the 16K is $486. When buying the Quikslide, the rails are not included..right?

They also carry RBW....dont know much about them. Should I look at them also?

Thanks

04 Ram 3500 QC SLT SRW HO 48RE 4WD LB 4.10LS
03 Sunnybrook 2850 Bunk House

CPC

San Fernando Valley, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/02 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Steve; I bought my Reese Quikslide 16K kit for about that price I got the rails and installation. I believe the "kit" contains every thing you need. By the way, get the 16K, IMHO the head being able to swivel allows easier connecting and disconnecting on uneven ground.

local temperature

Our Pics.

5thwheeler

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/02 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto...

SteveNC

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/02 09:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I been doing a lil research on the RBW Lil Rocker and it seems to be a pretty good hitch also. I called the RV dealer and he is going to get me a price on one with slider and 4 way swivel. I may be buying this hitch instead of the Reese.

I even called RBW and they are faxing me some info. They seem to be a little behind times in technology...ie. not having a web site. But was very polite and helpful.

wittmeba

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/02 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

My recollection is about a year ago Reese obtained a re-rating of their hitches...14K->15K and 15K -> 16K...and there is a difference, that be the 16K has the side/side 5 degree rocker capability...the 15K does not. I would strongly encourage you to get the 16K version. It will help when trying to hitch when the truck and trailer are not on equal planes.

We paid $640.00 delivered for the 16K hitch and rails. I installed it myself. See my sig for my writeup.

NRA Member & supporter of the 2nd amendment - over 5,000,000 strong

Firefox® 26.0.1

Log home images - Updated 05/19/2013

5erdriver

Ross, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/02 06:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SteveNC,

We have the 16K slider and like it very much. The pivot head is well worth the money. It takes a lot of stress of the truck and 5er frames. Just look in your mirror and see all the movement that is allowed to take place with the pivot head. You will never regret the decision to spend the few extra bucks.

5erdriver and Wonderful DW
A Beautiful Sheltie Named Rusty
and a Goldendoodle named Kelsey

2001 Dodge 2500, Quad cab, SB, Cummins
2004 Cougar 285

SteveNC

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/02 05:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dealer didnt have the 16k Quikslide in stock. So they offered me the 15K Pro Series with a slider. The Pro Series has the 4 way pivot head...if not I would not of bought it. Also, instead of the dual cam design it has slide action bar kinda like the RBW has. With this style of hitch it is easy to see that it is hitched right.

SteveNC

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/02 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like I will go with the Reese 16K Quikslide with rails. I can get it for $589 out the door. A guy at work just got a new GMC 3500 and he needs to install his Reese on his new truck. Looks like we might have a hitch install party!!

Drew&Corinn

Pleasant Grove, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/02 08:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 15K and because of the forum took it back adn got the 16K right before the 5ver arrived, I am very glad I did... In my own driveway right where I hitch and unhitch the trailer is tipped a little to the left while the truck is a little to the right... I dont know what I would have done with the 15K. BTW... I am getting good at this stuff, just added a 30 amp service to my house last night and installed my new Jordan Ultima 2020.

2005 GMC Sierra D/A Crew Cab,Airsprings,4 inch AFE intake-exhaust, Edge w/Attitude+More
2005 Fleetwood Revolution40e
Soon to be Ex-Wife Gets - Cardinal 31BHLE (Maple),4.2 LP
2006 Polaris Ranger XP Browning
2-2008 Polaris Sptsmn 90s
CANAM 800XP

mike brez

milford ct

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/02 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i shoped around on the net for hitches went with the reese 16k slide installed my self in 2.5 hours best price i found was from the pit crew on the net talked to them on phone very nice and helpfull people received hitch in 3 days also sell brake controllers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Reese Quikslide 15K or 16K
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS