|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Brake Controllers & Adjustable Pedals

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
weewee

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/02 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can someone tell me if any of these brake controllers will work with Fords adjustable pedal option ,I am leaning to the Jordon.

FiverBob

Sarasota, Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/02 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jordan just came out with a new mounting bracket that is for adjustable pedals. It has been mounted on Ford successfully. I will be at the Jordan factory in one week to test it on my new Dodge. Looks like it should be fine. I certainly agree with you on "leaning" to the Jordan. I am moving from Prodigy to Jordan after driving a friend's truck which had the Jordan.

Bob

Hawk

Halifax,NS, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/02 05:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of people would switch if they tried the Jordan. But they have the Prodigy already and it is a very good controller as well. Hawk

'96 GMC 2500HD ext cab,long bed,5.7L Vortec,4.10 posi, RBW 15K Lil Rocker, Jordan 2020 Ultima (I love it)
'96 Golden Falcon 25 MGT 5th Wheel

weewee

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/02 06:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, I am going to go with the Jordan 20/20, I do not believe in buying junk, like they say you only get what you pay for,one more thing what are your thoughts on the Husky or LiL-Rocker hitches, I do not need a slider since I ordered my truck with a long bed, and the two 5er's Iam looking at are the Jayco and the Artic Fox at around 25feet lite weights.

*This Message was edited on 03-Nov-02 08:00 PM by weewee*

FiverBob

Sarasota, Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/02 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Between late delivery on the new Dodge and out of town for two weeks, the anticipated trip to Jordan Research did not occur until today. Looks like we have a problem in installing in a 2003 Dodge with adjustable pedals. They have placed the servo in a place that makes the present mounting bracket impossible to use on the Dodge.

We worked on it for about two hours and Jordan is designing a prototype bracket to try in about a week. If all goes well, he will have it produced. Total time to be ready to ship is about six weeks.

To have a Jordan, I will wait.

Bob

davea

Sulphur Springs, TX USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/13/02 09:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am i missing something here???? is the question about how and where to hang the brake controller or where to hook it up???? don't the new trucks ordered with the factory tow pkg come with the "plug and play" hookup??? since that is responsive to the "cold" side of the stop light switch, how would the position of the brake pedal have any effect???? the brake pedal still works the stoplight switch regardless of where the pedals are positioned.... maybe i do not understand the question....help me out here please...am looking at 2003 dodge and thought the tow pgk was like the earlier ones...also thought the ford tow pkg was also like the earlier years...but what the heck do i know....good luck and have fun...let me know....

5thwheeler

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/02 09:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Jordon controller is cable driven, not totally electronic like the Prodigy.

wittmeba

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/02 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both Jordan and Prodigy controllers are fully electronic devices that use mechanical input.

Jordan uses a cable connected to the brake pedal arm.

I believe Prodigy uses a Torsion Bar/Bending Bar principle with a capacitive circuit to provide deceleration detection. This is why it is sensitive to position between 0 & 70 degrees vertically and should/must be horizontal side to side - at least per their instructions.

*This Message was edited on 13-Nov-02 09:06 PM by wittmeba*

FiverBob

Sarasota, Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/13/02 05:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Davea,
As stated above, the great feature of the Jordan is that it monitors your brake pedal and responds according to how hard you are pushing on the brake. It is not connected at all to the brake light. It uses three wires only, not four. This feature gives fantastic control of the trailer braking. Jordan also monitors the condition of your braking circuits of the trailer to alert you to possible malfunctions of the electric.

Love the adjustable pedals on my new Dodge. Really neat when you are 1' taller than the CFO (wife).

Bob

Goer

Lake Monticello, VA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/02 08:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The manufacturer of the Prodigy does not mention in their literature the nature of the "modern aerospace technology" that they use to detect deceleration. See [URL] http://www.bargman.com/instructions/7687DProdigyTowCard.PDF [URL]
Basic information on accelerometers used in this type of application is given in [URL] http://www.Memsic.com/pdfs/accel%20primer.pdf [URL]
Some accelerometers used to measure automotive acceleration (or conversely; deceleration) are described in [URL] http://www.stresshq.com/newsletter/Memsic702.htm [URL]
The operation and sensitivity of one of these accelerometers are described in [URL] http://www.analog.com/ProductSelection/pdf/Preview/ADXL202_10_b.gif [URL]
A microscopic picture of an accelerometer and it's microscopic "beams" is given in [URL] http:/www.analog.com/technology/mems/accelerometers/index.html [URL] You might refer to these microscopic tines as "torsion bars" or "bending bars", but I do not believe that is an apt term.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Brake Controllers & Adjustable Pedals
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS