RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Help with my chassis!!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Help with my chassis!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
johnshan2

Cocoa, FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/04 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Fleetwood Flair 29V , it has a P37 chassis according to the V.I.N. number. I am looking for things like shocks or air bags, but all I see listed everywhere is P30 or P32 and Workhorse chassis, is the P37 something odd? Please help with any info on this. Thanks

John

Me and my husband
1 crazy 9 year old
1 adorable lhasa
'04 Coachman Leprechaun
Happy Camping!

RV Wizard

Nokomis, Fl. USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/04 09:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not contact a Chevrolet Truck dealer and get the info you need.

Mike & Amy - Fulltimers
RVSA Master Certified RV Technician
2000 Gulf Stream 39' Scenic Cruiser
1999 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2006 Saturn Vue AWD
Presently at Lakeside Landing; Cropwell, Al

jenks60

MS. coast

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/04 08:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a Manual for a Chevrolet 1999 p32/42 chassis!

1999 P32 MANUAL

jenks, fulltiming with the DW.
92 Southwind P3(32) 33 ft.
99 Saturn SL2
Rallys attended-TX 2, LA 2, MS 1, AL 2
MA. 1 drop in for visit.

jenks60

MS. coast

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/04 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John, I do not know where you got your info, but there is no such thing as a p37 chevy chassis![not to my knowledge, anyway]. So it says p37 in the VIN. Translated the P means "foward control", the 3 means "one ton", and the 7 means "motor home chassis". The Motor home chassis was listed by Chevy as a P3(32). It, for some reason, was called a "P30", but in 1996 the shop manuals started calling it a P32. You will get all sorts of answers on this. Whether you call it a p30 or a p32, the Chevy parts man only knows it as a P3(32)! That is, unless you have a WORKHORSE. What model year do you have?

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

Clubmaxx

St Cloud, MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/04 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is because in '96 GM sold the division to Workhorse. The difference is in the track width of the front suspension. Go to Air Lift for the bags. Summit has the best price I've found but CW will match their price if you tell them. P-30 and P-32 both use the same shock I think. A lot of guys like Bilstein, I like the Monroe Magnum RV better. Slightly better ride with good handling and slightly less $. Most Chev joints will tell you they can no longer get parts and you have to go to Workhorse. NAPA works fine for me. Good luck!

'84 Titan 36' 454, Thorleys, Monroes, Bilstein Steering stabilizer, and 16-months of rebuilding inside and out. Check out the whole rebuild project HERE.

jenks60

MS. coast

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/04 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maxx, You need to check the year Workhorse bought the Chevy Chassis.
I believe it was more like 1999.
The Workhorse Chassis guide that I have goes from 1999 to 2003 on the model years.

Bob Dunn

FLorida

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/04 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My last RV was a Fleetwood Flair 30'. It was built on a WH P-32 chassis, with the GM 8.1 L engine. it was a 2003 unit

BD
2004 Seabreese LX 8341 - 34'11'- Workhorse W22/GM 8.1 /Allison 5 speed
FalconII/2006 Honda CRV4 SE
with RoadMaster-BreakMaster 9000 Braking system.
200 Watts of Solar/Xantrex Prosine 2000
"Today Is The Tomorrow You worried about Yesterday!"

Clubmaxx

St Cloud, MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/04 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stand corrected Jenks. All Workhorse chassis were P-32s at first, correct? And the P-32 first came in '96 or was that later too?

After reading Bob's post again I realize he never what year his rig is so it may be a mute point anyway.

jenks60

MS. coast

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/04 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In 1999, Workhorse offered Three chassis, 12,300#, 14,800#, and 16,500#. I cannot find anywhere in this Chassis service guide as to what they were called. In 2000, Workhorse offered six different chassis'. the 15,000#, 17,000#, and 18,000# Chassis' were redesigned with the new wide track front suspension and increased carrying capacities. The wide track front suspension measures 82.95". This info. is taken from the 1999-2000 Workhorse chassis service guide. It is surprising to me that the VIN still had the P37 in it. That is what Chevy called the P30 motor home chassis, or the P3(32)[or maybe the P32??] I know for a fact, that when I needed parts for my MH, the parts man only knew the chassis as a P3(32)!

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

KCE

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/04 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. - Andrew Taitz, chairman of Workhorse Custom Chassis, was honored March 3 with the RV Automotive Achievement Award by the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association at its annual meeting.

The award recognizes an individual's outstanding contribution to the RV industry. This is only the eighth time the award has been presented since it was conceived in 1987. As part of the presentation, RVIA said, "Under Andrew's leadership, Workhorse Custom Chassis has delivered quality products to the industry. In a relatively short span of time, they have proved to be valuable partners by establishing effective lines of communication with their motor home manufacturing customers."

Taitz founded Workhorse Custom Chassis in 1998 and in January 1999 he completed an agreement to purchase GM's P-chassis division. When the deal was official, Taitz made a promise to commercial step van and motor home customers that there would not be an interruption in the manufacture or delivery of product. Taitz delivered.

Workhorse built the world's largest strip-chassis manufacturing plant, hired 300 managers and production workers and moved the production line from Detroit to Union City, Ind. By the end of February 1999, only eight weeks after finalizing the agreement, Workhorse chassis were rolling out of the plant. In just 18 months, Workhorse was ISO 9001 certified.

When Workhorse took over GM's P chassis business, it acquired about 35 percent market share for gasoline powered motor homes under 19,500 pounds. Workhorse now supplies more than 60 percent of the chassis for coaches in that category.

That increase is a result of the focused product development effort at Workhorse, beginning with a complete overhaul of the P Series chassis and introduction of the WideTrack. This past year the company developed the W Series platform, the first gasoline powered motor home chassis in years to be newly designed from the ground up. The W Series platform includes both 22,000 lb. and 20,700 lb. GVWR models.

Consumers say they are excited by the changes Workhorse is making to its product. The company has established an aggressive series of test drives for consumers at RV events throughout the country. Consumer response so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

Workhorse also demonstrated it was a different kind of company through the consumer outreach programs it has initiated. It has developed the largest dedicated service network in the industry, many of which can provide complete one-stop warranty service for both the coach and chassis. No other chassis supplier is making as much of an effort to satisfy the end customer.

Workhorse Custom Chassis, headquartered in Highland Park, Ill., is a national leader in the manufacture of motor home chassis. More information may be obtained by calling 877-294-6773 or by visiting www.workhorse.com.

KCE
2005 Sightseer 35N
2009 Honda CRV/RoadMaster/BB
Garmin 2720

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Help with my chassis!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts