|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Need info on Coast to Coast vs Thousand Trails

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Buhbuhnot

Gig Harbor, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/02 10:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interested in views on Coast to Coast versus membership in Thousand Trails. I spend most of my time in the western half of the U.S. (NW)..Need opinions both good or bad on the two. Thanks,
Mark in Gig Harbor, WA
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U

Wilbur4321

Renton, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/02 09:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you spend most of your time in the NW (lots of us here, too), you'll need to get into TT or a local chain. At least some of the Coast to Coast (CCC) resorts in the area do not let in anyone who lives within 125 miles of the resort, so you can't buy a cheap resort online from some unknown-location and expect to use CCC at these.

I've not visited the TT preserves in the area, however I've heard nothing but good about them.

Of the CCC resorts, there are four chains in the area that I know of -- K/M resorts, Western Horizon's, Sunrise resorts and leisure time resorts.

K/M resorts is who I belong to. www.kmresorts.com, there's a good thread on them in this group.

Western Horizons only has two locations in western washington. www.whresorts.com

Sunrise Resorts seems to have the best selection of western washington resorts, including one very close to where you are. www.sunriseresorts.com

Leisure Time has been bought out by Thousand Trails.

Remember that if you choose to join any of these, you probably will not be able to visit any of the others, unless you plunk down even more money for a Coast Deluxe membership. There are a few other independant resorts as well, but then you may be limited to only that resort in your area (something that can happen with the less expensive packages at the above chains as well).

Definitely read up the K/M resorts thread, and look through the information online about the others. I think all of them will let you spend a weekend at one of their parks for virtually no money if you want to try them.

1998 Palm Breeze 32.5'
me, wife and 7 little ones! (yes, kids!)
Our pictures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Need info on Coast to Coast vs Thousand Trails
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS