|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> R Vision Trail Lite B+

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
valoy

Mineral Wells,Tx

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/05 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife & I just retired and bought a Trail lite 2003 B+ 23ft. with a 8.1 chevy engine. We are new to RVing. We haven't used our RV yet. Does anybody have any pros or cons on the trail lite B+? We are planning a trip to the Black Hills soon.
Allen Valoy
Mineral Wells,Tx

Valoy
Me,Wife & minpin
Mineral Wells,Tx

2005 Georgie Boy
Landau LE 2450DS
Chevy 8.1
WH P32 Chassis

SpoiledRotten

Central Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/05 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's too late to aske for pros and cons, isn't it? Aren't you suppose to do that BEFORE you purchase it. You got what you got now. Good luck with your new RV. Got to be proud of it.

Just the 3 of us...SpoiledRotten, TotallyRotten, and ALittleRotten
2000 F-250 Lariat, CC
7.3 PSTD-Superchipped
2005 33RL2 New Vision - AKA "SpoiledRotten"
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition

Br-

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/05 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check this out for lots of info. Hope you enjoy your B+.

trail-lite

Bruce & Sue
2007 pleasure-way excel-ts
Previously owned:'02 Trail-lite B+

backwoodsman

Dallas, Texas USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/05 04:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Valoy, We own a 2004 Trail~Lite 236S that we are very pleased with.
We have the 6.0 Chevy in it & we get 11 mpg towing a Honda CRV &
12 mpg running free.
We have had no problems with it & the dealer has been great.
We are leaving in June for a trip thru the Carolinas & up the east coast all the way to Nova Scotia.
I have made many "improvments" to the coach & we are expecting a very enjoyable trip of over 6,000 miles.
Take some short "break in" trips to some of area lakes to get to know your rig before leaving on a longer trip. It will Pay off.

backwoodsman

valoy

Mineral Wells,Tx

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/05 08:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anybody know where the low point drain valves are located on 2003 trail lite b+ 235

indigodog

Herndon, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/05 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my 235S. It is small enough to manuever just about anywhere. One of the cons is the shower. I wish that they hadn't just wall-papered 2 sides of it, so I have to come up with a solution to that. While there is plenty of storage, I bought a Stowaway cargo carrier to put bulk and dirty stuff in.
I think for the size, it is very roomy inside. I took it to Maine for a week and didn't feel confined at all.

I believe the low-point drain is on the passenger side, under the dinette, near the drain for the fresh water.

Deb

B-Plus

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/05 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb. what year do you have? I have a B+ 225 2003 prior to the new design which has the straight walls in them. If you have the curved side walls like mine the Tub surround was not offered because of it. I also had the papered tub walls. I went to Lowe's and purchased a $39.00 tub surround kit and did it myself, It was very easy to cut and install. Now I have the tub surround shower with molded in soap and shampoo holders.

2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

Br-

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/05 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dario, we also have the curved and papered wall around the tub. So far, no visible water damage anywhere. I'm curious to know how you installed the tub surround to the papered wall.

Thanks

B-Plus

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/05 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Bruce, I used contact cement and it has been on there for going on 3 years. The hardest part was the side curved wall, I made a cardboard template and than transferred it to the panel, that curved side is tricky to do so make a template and you will not have any problem. I don't know if you have ever worked with contact cement before but you only have one chance to place it correctly before it adheres !! It looks nice Bruce , but would I do it again, probably not because like you I realize now that it would not have gotten that wet so the paper would have done as it has for you. I did it before I took my 1st shower thinking the paper would not last but I think that its treated or something. By the way I started driving slower because of the gas prices 55-60 and my last two tanks have gotten me 12.9 and 12.6 MPG how has yours been? Plus My water tank is always full and my other tanks are normally half full.

Br-

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/05 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dario, the tub surround sounds like a good idea, so I may do that down the road if necessary. So far so good.
I usually drive about 60, so I had been getting 12-13 mpg. Going over to storage tomorrow to get it uncovered and aired out. Hope to dewinterize next week if the weather stays decent here. Not sure about any long trips this year, but I may even consider driving 55.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> R Vision Trail Lite B+
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS