|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> There has got to be a better way

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
hamilton71801

L.A. (Lower Arkansas)

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I have the dreaded black streaks so I washed my roof which was very dirty then tried everything that I could to get those %#@#@ black streaks off. Went to the dollar store and bought the orange cleaner-didn't work, then Wal-Mart to get the black streak remover-didn't work, then the kitchen to get 409 and everything else-didn't work.

So now I am using polishing compound and two rags (wax on wax off). I am almost 1/8 the way through after 2 hours. This sucks!!!!!!!

2013 Keystone Hornet 29.5 BHS Fifth Wheel
2001.5 Dodge QC Shortbox 4x4 Auto Cummins
Quadzilla XZT+, Stage 3 Jammer Nozzles, BD J Hook
HTS Trans
Full Gauges
Maxbrake Controller
1978 17' Glastron Carlson (115 Mercury, Hotfoot, completely restored)

campin ken

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 02:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to do the same thing. You're right....it does suck!

I was camping last year and someone suggested going to Walmart and buying "Orange Blast". It's in the auto section. No more rubbing. I didn't believe him since I found nothing in my 16 years of rving that ever worked.

Guess what....it worked!![emoticon]

I put a 1/2 cup in a about a gallon bucket and I have a spray bottle filled with the stuff straight. For the really bad streaks I spray them directly let it sit for 5 seconds and then wash off with a soft brush and the diluted solution. I can't believe that it works so good. The stuff is pretty cheap too! Let me know if you try it and how it worked.

Good luck..... Campin Ken

Me & Her & "Our Three Sons"
2001 Fleetwood Bounder 31W

MrsSoCalToolGuy

Fountain Valley Ca.

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

campin ken wrote:

I used to do the same thing. You're right....it does suck!

I was camping last year and someone suggested going to Walmart and buying "Orange Blast". It's in the auto section. No more rubbing. I didn't believe him since I found nothing in my 16 years of rving that ever worked.

Guess what....it works

Good luck..... Campin Ken

Ken, does it do any damage to the finish of the rv like take the gloss off? just wondering...Barb

2001 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
2011 Scion XB

woodburner

Mentor Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 03:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

add bleach to your normal car wash soap and it works excellent....cheaper too!

TIFFIN ALLEGRO 34TGA

ccxnola

Wherever the rig is - I'm there too!!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/05 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hamilton,
Back to the dollar store for 'AWESOME'! Yep, it is awesome!! Just wear rubber gloves as the stuff removes grease & oil - from the rv and from your skin! It was so good on the RV I used it on the home gutters - it works GREAT!! Took off the black streaks even the pressure washer left behind. OH, and rinse real good!!

1997 Rexhall Rolls Air-mid-entry DP w/cummins c8.3
Look for the Mardi Gras 'Gators - Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll!! Best view of our rig-That's ME!
Going Away!!

campin ken

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry....don't know how to use the quote function. Barb Said :Ken, does it do any damage to the finish of the rv like take the gloss off? just wondering...Barb[/quote] It may take the gloss off a bit. I'm willing to make the trade off to get rid of black streaks easily.

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

woodworker40

Western Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 03:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hamilton71801 wrote:

Well I have the dreaded black streaks so I washed my roof which was very dirty then tried everything that I could to get those %#@#@ black streaks off. Went to the dollar store and bought the orange cleaner-didn't work, then Wal-Mart to get the black streak remover-didn't work, then the kitchen to get 409 and everything else-didn't work.

So now I am using polishing compound and two rags (wax on wax off). I am almost 1/8 the way through after 2 hours. This sucks!!!!!!!

I have found a product that works, it will take the black streaks off. Just spray it on and wipe off the streaks believe me I did what you have done tried everything I could find. It's called (RELIABLE 1) Reliable Products 639 Fitch St. Oneida, NY 13421 PH. 315-363-9202 I get it at my local RV dealer for $ 21.95 a gal.

JDelauter

Leesburg, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use the Mr. Clean Wiping Pads..Believe they are called eraser pads

Retired SMCM(MDV) USN 30 years
3 'Nam Tours
As of 11/04 Full-Timing with:
2003 Gulfstream Friendship, Quad slide
1 lovely wife
and 1 sassy Bichon
JDelauter@aol.com

Drbolasky

Weisenberg Township, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/05 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found a cleaner called "4-U" and it seems to do the trick. I put a 50/50 solution in a spray bottle.....squirt, wipe, and rinse.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew
2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
">

hamilton71801

L.A. (Lower Arkansas)

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/05 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I gave up on the compound polish and took your advice. I went to the Dollar Store and got the Awsome. Man does it work. When I'm through I will wax it and be DONE!!!! Thanks guys.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> There has got to be a better way
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS