|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> road bugs

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
The snow man

de pere, wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/05 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used Bounce dryer sheets, which, by the way is the only way to go when it comes to removing bugs...it's hard to believe what a good and fast job they do...my question now is, will the bounce dryer sheets remove the wax i have on my motorhome or do i have to re-wax it everytime i clean the bugs off...anyone out there that can help me in this regard? Clean and Bug Free Camper!!

The beatiful MONSTER that takes my wife and I anywhere we want to go...2005 Jayco granite ridge...Overhead entertainment center, slide out, and a snowmobile trailer that pulls 2 four wheelers in the summer and 2 snowmobiles in the winter..Life is great!

Eycom

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/05 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use NuFinish twice a year (2 applications each within 30 days). The finish is holding up fine even with the "bounce" bug removal. And I kill more bugs than terminex and orkin, combined. Works for me.

RVn Full-time

VirginiaVal

Boones Mill, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/05 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you use them wet or dry? New or already used in dryer?

--Val
06 Winnebago View

The snow man

de pere, wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/05 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Eycom, guess it must be easy on the finish then...I've never seen anything that will clean the bugs off from from my motorhome like Bounce...I also keep my unit waxed and haven't seen any noticeable difference from using Bounce in the short time i've used them...Good to hear that someone out there has been using Bounce for a period of time...Sure would hate to stop using Bounce and have to go back to scrubbing those pesky critters off my unit after they have dried on the surface again...i'll never worry about the bugs as long as i have one or two sheets of bounce to melt them away...

The snow man

de pere, wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/05 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Soak the bounce dryer sheets in a bucket of warm water for about 3 or 4 minutes before using them...i'm surprised the makers of Bounce don't advertise how well they work for cleaning bugs off a car...I have no idea what the ingredient is in the sheets but, WOW, they really work...

wlf72

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/05 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In addition to cleaning bugs extremely well, I have removed tree stains (I don't think it's actually sap, but maybe) as well. I agree, they should market them as bug removal extrodinare!

Walt

05 Winnebago 31C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> road bugs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS