Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Monaco RV Windshield Wiper Blades

Posted By: gswcgi on 07/12/05 07:19pm

I called Monaco parts in Coburg, OR to get replacement blades for my 2003 Safari DP. Monaco is very proud of those replacement blades. 26" blade goes for $49.95 per blade or if you want the delux blade you're lookin at $60+. The blades are sold to Monaco by a company named Diesel Equipment Co. in No. Carolina. telephone 1 800 222 7159. I paid them $12.14 per blade plus a small shipping charge! Just thought you other Monaco owners would like to know. There is no NAPA etc. crossover part!!


'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad


Posted By: RGordon on 07/12/05 07:25pm

You can purchase them at Wal-Mart for $6.85 per blade. They have Anso, Triple-Edge guaranteed for life of vehicle & Trico. Nothing special about Monaco Motorhome wiper blades, just need to measure length. They will fit any application. Just another option for future use!!!!!


Ron & Libby Gordon
07 Ford F350 Dually Tow Boss Diesel
07 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #3698
02 Winnebago Adventurer 35U V10 (Former RV)
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow


Posted By: Sully2 on 07/12/05 07:36pm

RGordon wrote:

You can purchase them at Wal-Mart for $6.85 per blade. They have Anso, Triple-Edge guaranteed for life of vehicle & Trico. Nothing special about Monaco Motorhome wiper blades, just need to measure length. They will fit any application. Just another option for future use!!!!!

You keep believing that too...LOL. 26 inch blades are as scarce as chicken teeth. It took me 2 months to find a source for mine..a source that didnt want $16 for a single piece of rubber..OR $30 for a new wiper arm with rubber blade in it!


Posted By: Sully2 on 07/12/05 07:39pm

gswcgi wrote:

I called Monaco parts in Coburg, OR to get replacement blades for my 2003 Safari DP. Monaco is very proud of those replacement blades. 26" blade goes for $49.95 per blade or if you want the delux blade you're lookin at $60+. The blades are sold to Monaco by a company named Diesel Equipment Co. in No. Carolina. telephone 1 800 222 7159. I paid them $12.14 per blade plus a small shipping charge! Just thought you other Monaco owners would like to know. There is no NAPA etc. crossover part!!

I know right where your coming from partner. What you MIGHT want to try is a Trico 26-1 and see if it fits your wiper arms.


2000 Country Coach Allure; Cummins ISC 330 HP; 71/2 - 8 MPG regardless
2002 Jeep Liberty



Posted By: gswcgi on 07/12/05 08:10pm

I tried Wally World and a number of others. These blades and their assemblies are made in Brazil (go figure) and at least in my rig they didn't fit! I think Monaco is a great company, but I also bought an air filter for my CAT 3126 from Napa for $68 when Monaco wanted $258 for the same identical part!!!


Posted By: RLS7201 on 07/12/05 08:20pm

Sully2 wrote:

RGordon wrote:

You can purchase them at Wal-Mart for $6.85 per blade. They have Anso, Triple-Edge guaranteed for life of vehicle & Trico. Nothing special about Monaco Motorhome wiper blades, just need to measure length. They will fit any application. Just another option for future use!!!!!

You keep believing that too...LOL. 26 inch blades are as scarce as chicken teeth. It took me 2 months to find a source for mine..a source that didnt want $16 for a single piece of rubber..OR $30 for a new wiper arm with rubber blade in it!



Wal-Mart has wiper blades up to 28" in my neighbor hood, and refills up to 32". It's NOT a myth.

* This post was edited 07/13/05 12:21pm by an administrator/moderator *


Posted By: cdc on 07/13/05 05:47am

I went to the NAPA store and they had the refills for 8.95 each to fit my Imperial. Checked with several of the Walmart stores in the area and they didn't have the refill blades. Also, NAPA can cross over on all your filters for the MH.


Corky, Gracie, and the Herd
HR Imperial DP
Jeep Liberty



Posted By: Ames on 07/13/05 06:41am

We replaced just the rubber blade and stainless thing into the slots of the old blade assembly with standard inserts. It is a bit of a tight fit as it spreads the tabs a tiny bit but it works for a whole lot less and much more readily availabe. Now we only buy the blade and not the rest of the assembly.


Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat
97 Beaver Patriot 40 Kitchen Slide
330 HP Member FMCA, BAC, Good Sam, CAT RV Club
Toad 2012 Dodge Durango RT AWD Hemi


Posted By: Sully2 on 07/13/05 06:49am

gswcgi wrote:

I tried Wally World and a number of others. These blades and their assemblies are made in Brazil (go figure) and at least in my rig they didn't fit! I think Monaco is a great company, but I also bought an air filter for my CAT 3126 from Napa for $68 when Monaco wanted $258 for the same identical part!!!

If your wiper arms are the HD's that use a small BOLT to hold them in/on..?? Try one of those Trico 26-1's and see if it ifts. It worked perfect on my C Coach. Blade and refill costs me a whole $11..and NOW I can get "real" refills instead of lord who knows what type..??


Posted By: Ames on 07/13/05 07:00am

The readily available replacement wiper assemblies has a lip arround the bolt hole that prevents its use in the wiper arm.


Posted By: MCDDY on 07/13/05 07:02am

I replaced mine with the complete Rain-X ssembly from Wally World. Went from a 28" to 32", a little over $16 for both. It just bolts onto your arms. Yeah, they might be Chinese or Brazillian but what isn't anymore? Anything you buy from Monaco Parts bend over and spread em. If you happen to go to a rally where the Monaco Techs are with the parts trailer, you can get a handful of refills free. They'll also order a part for you and it'll be there next day for their cost w/no shipping charge since it's shipped with a whole bunch of other parts.

Dave


GEAUX TIGERS

Dave, Miss Sue & Lucy the Scotty
Big Easy Area.
FMCA 153192
2000 Monaco Windsor, 40' 2 Slide, ISC 350 HP.
2012 Honda Pilot or 1998 Blazer Toads
Aventa 2, Brake Buddy


Posted By: Sully2 on 07/13/05 09:40am

Ames wrote:

The readily available replacement wiper assemblies has a lip arround the bolt hole that prevents its use in the wiper arm.


So do the Trico's...I filed that little ridge off with a finger nail file...but at least now I have "wiper arms" that I can back trace to get Trico refills. The "factory" wipers had numbers that NO ONE could get traced for me


Posted By: tikasdad on 07/13/05 10:00am

I got the Anco refills for my wipers from my local auto parts store. He did have to order them, since he doesn't normally stock them,


Jeff Wee
'99 Monaco La Palma
'04 Honda Element


Posted By: gswcgi on 07/13/05 10:25am

I received an email from the Western Regional Manager for Diesel Equipment and they will be selling the Monaco replacement blades starting in September under the name "TRU-VISION" in retail/RV outlets across the country.


Posted By: dutch_man on 07/13/05 11:05am

[url=http://www.tricoproducts.com/wr_classA/index.cfm I screwed up this link and can't figure out how to fix it! Anyway, go to the above website and put in your make, model and year motorhome and it will give you specific replacements.

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.


dutch_man
States we have camped in:



Posted By: D & M on 07/13/05 12:00pm

Dutchman,

Thanks for the link. I was wondering about where to get replacement blades. The supplier closest to me is right up the road from where I work.


Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (the Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

Tough times don't last forever. Tough people do.



Posted By: Sully2 on 07/13/05 12:08pm

[url=http://www.tricoproducts.com/wr_classA/index.cfm][url=http://www.tricoproducts.com/wr_classA/index.cfm[/url] [quote] I screwed up this link and can't figure out how to fix it! Anyway, go to the above website and put in your make, model and year motorhome and it will give you specific replacements.[/quote] Yepper! I just did.. 2000 C ountry Coach..model Allure..and the numbers it spit back NO ONE CAN FIND NOR REFERENCE to anything else. THOSE NUMBERS are outdated!! It says a Trico 71-260...and there is NO ONE than can cross reference them to anything...BUT a Trico 26-1 fits fine..and I just found out yesterday its the SAME identical wiper that fits a 2003 Accord..because I had to buy one for the wife's car!

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.


Posted By: dutch_man on 07/13/05 03:10pm

[quote=Sully2][url=http://www.tricoproducts.com/wr_classA/index.cfm][url=http://www.tricoproducts.com/wr_classA/index.cfm[/url] [quote] THOSE NUMBERS are outdated!! It says a Trico 71-260...and there is NO ONE than can cross reference them to anything...BUT a Trico 26-1 fits fine..and I just found out yesterday its the SAME identical wiper that fits a 2003 Accord..because I had to buy one for the wife's car![/quote] Sully, Suggest you give one of your patented blasts to Trico so they can update their website! dutch_man

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.


Print  |  Close