|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Model Years

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
mooreth

Richland, MS

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/05 10:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at purchasing a new Class C Motorhome. However, one of the dealers at which I am looking claims that the motor homes are new but they show to be 2004, 2003 and even 2002. Is this a common practice and if I purchased one would I truly be getting the latest updates if they are not 2005 or 2006 models?

patterpusher

Pineola, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/05 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is very common to buy a 2005 coach but have a 2004 chassis. Other than that I'd look elsewhere. It is possible that a dealer has coaches from past years that were never sold but I don't think I'd be interested in buying them. Patter

THE ROLLING TURTLE
2005 Dutchmen Express 28A Chevy chassis
2005 Saturn Vue toad
Photo's in and of my Rig

rreece

Austin TX on the road full time now

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/05 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is common for the chassis to be one year and the coach itself the next year. I don't believe you could have more than two different years chassis for any coach model year.

Ron & Pat

TonyMin

Walnut Creek CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/05 12:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The opposite can be true too. I saw some CruiseAmerica rental units that had been rechassied. The coach had been removed and put on a newer chassis. The salesman claimed it was because they found a buyer that wanted all their older chassis. But I bet the real reason is because they wear out fast as a rental and they probably got a good deal. That and maybe accidents etc.

'98 Shasta Cheyenne 280 highrise, widebody

stb130

South Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/05 01:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The dealer either mismanaged his inventory possible because he is too big or he has a poor reputation and is stuck with old stock.

He should be selling these unit below his cost! I would have a expert check the unit and offer a little over Blue Book resale for the unit that passes inspection.
Motor, trans, tanks,gen ,old fuel, air, filters, etc...
Remember tires older than 5 years old used or not are no good. 6 times $$$

http://stbracing.blogspot.com/

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/05 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 2004 Tioga 26Q was built on a 2003 E-450 chassis and was sold by the dealer as a new 2004 model in Sept 2003. The VIN # reflects 2003 on the DMV title. I had to provide AAA a copy of the purchase order for them to show the rig as a 2004 model on the insurance policy. I didn't argue with the DMV about showing it as a 2003, they might charge me more in fees. When I sell the rig I will show the buyer the purchase order to prove the year model info.

I would worry about taking the dealer's word about a 2002 chassis on a 2004 rig, etc. A two-year gap could mean that your rig does not include improvements that may have been incorporated and the rubber goods including tires, belts and hoses are all one year older.

jbr3rd

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/05 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was shopping this weekend and found a Kodiak chassis manufactured in Oct 04, coach built in March 05, and the dealer claiming the title says it is a 06 motorhome. The unit we saw was a Gulfstream Ultra Super C. It may be true, but I couldn't believe it!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Model Years
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS