|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2333  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well yesterday I didn't do some of the things that were on my plate such as cutting grass and some other things that needed attention outside. I could use the excuse that it was too hot at 98*. Then I could tell the truth and just call it as it was, I just didn't want to. Sue and I cleaned out the camper that is still in the driveway still hooked to the truck with all the holding tanks full. I guess it was too good to be home so I took advantage of the situation and picked the things I wanted to do and left the others to another day.

The fur babies are doing well and it didn't take long for them to settle into their regular routine. Izzie has not stopped talking to us about his being so lonely and how much he missed us. He has slept in the bed with us for the last two nights. You don't realize how much twenty three pounds is until it is sleeping on your stomach.

Anyway, its good to be home and now it is time for me to get ready for church, talk with you later.

2012 Ford King Ranch F-350 Crew Cab Diesel
2011 Montana 3580RL
Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama. Others Suzie, Peaches, Hobo, Izzie

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dandy Dan

Findlay, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you made it home safe and all are getting back to normal. Did you stop at one of the Blue Beacons for butterfly removal??

dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 (the rescue) Sarah (the rescue)
and Beau (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2005 Dodge QuadCab 2500 4x4 Hemi
2009 Open Range 337RLS
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

dogdiva

Crockett Tx

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/12 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am glad you are taking your time to get things done You had a trying trip so you deserve to take it easy and get to the chores when you feel like it
Chores will always be there no sense in rushing to get them done

Elizabeth and Henry..... rescues

Crickett, Beau, Lady, Dixie, Batman, Penny, Bonnie Colleen, SouiX C, George, Willie, Pierre, Shandi. Honey, Patches ,Gumby...WAITING at the Rainbow Bridge

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/12 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dandy Dan wrote:

Glad you made it home safe and all are getting back to normal. Did you stop at one of the Blue Beacons for butterfly removal??

No we didn't do that.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/12 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is so much to do today and I am getting a late start. Peaches woke us up at 3:AM to go out and I couldn't go back to sleep. I took a Tylenol PM at 4:AM and didn't wake up until eight this morning, so I am running behind.

Mama continues to do well and Izzie is still so glad we are home. Here is wishing everyone a blessed day.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/12 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday was a busy day. I finally got the grass gut, the truck washed, the holding tanks in the camper emptied and was able to watch one of my favorite movies "Simon Birch".

Today will be a little bit cooler with rain in the forecast. I am taking the generator in for repair and then I don't know I will do? Tonight Sue and I will take the daughters out to dinner to celebrate their birthday which was July 2nd, better late than never.

Mama is doing good as well as the other girls. They are glad to be home and in their own house and yard. August we will be going to Fort Lenoard Wood for Josh's graduation from basic training and then on to Branson, Missouri for a few days. I don't know if we will be able to take the girls with us as I don't know how long we would have to leave them in the camper without supervision? Then I don't know how far away we will have to park the camper from the base as there isn't much to chose from in the way of campgrounds.

Oh well I still have a few weeks to make a decision on that so in the mean time I will just enjoy being home.

Hoops

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/12 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you made it back safely and that the "girls" are feeling better,

The Hoops. ED and Becky
Missy our little Bichon
2004 F350 V10
2005 Jayco Legacy 38RDQS

chrisnpat

Lake Villa, Il.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/12 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard there is a lot of Hotels/motels up the street from Fort Leonard Wood, That cater to the base, with a lot of family coming for graduations. Maybe if you give one a call, they would allow you to over night in there parking lot.

Christine and Patrick
Dudley and Summer Time and Now Sebastian
Katie Bug and Maggie Mays at Rainbow Bridge
miss u sweet baby's.....

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/12 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow!! What a storm! We had 70 MPH winds come through and lots of rain and lightening. The temp dropped from 90* to 69* in a matter of minutes. We didn't have any damage but some folks down the way reported tress down and power lines down with homes being damaged.

Dandy Dan

Findlay, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/12 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds a little like the storm we had a week ago last Friday. Tons of rain and wind in excess of 84 MPH. Adjuster came today and met with the contractor. Will see what gives in about a week or a little more.
Seemed nice............But.............Is he trying to help me or trying to get the company off cheap and skirt some of the problems? We are leaving tomorrow morning for the Ohio State Good Sam Rally. Really a long traveling distance.....about 55 miles. At least this one has electric so we can run our AC.

Hope all have a good rest of the week and stay safe.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2333  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS