|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Shower/Toilet combo

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Renato

Jackson, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/05 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all,
I am building a small camper and looking for different ideas on building the shower/toilet combo section. The space available is 2'x4' for the bathroom. I was thinking of purchasing a shower/toilet shower pan but I can't find any. Anyone know where I can pick one up or have any different ideas? I was also curious as to why are there step/seat shower pans? You actually sit to take a shower?
Thanks,
Renato

tom_kat

way upstate new york/lake george area

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/05 10:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

most of the combo units are all fiberglass like a shower stall,theres places on the net that have all kinds of rv stuff,some rv salvage yards,try a place like www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newstore/nojava/index.cmf see if they have anything you can use,

1985 Class A Holiday Rambler Imperial 33 +1979 Class C Holiday Rambler Statesman 1000 = 24 ft

Renato

Jackson, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/05 10:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, I found differnt ones with shower/toilet combo one that website.

geusterman

Mount Vernon WA USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/05 12:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could form it in sheetmetal or plywood then bedliner it. That is my plan. The seat in the one piece fiberglass factory showers is a fancy dancy way to deal with the side of the pickup bed. My ideal camper is on a flatbed and much rather have the floorspace than the seat. PortaPotties and cassette toilets rule. George

geusterman, WA state, 04.5 Dodge, 3500 SRW flatbed, Cummins, 99 BigFoot 9.6 "Wherever we are, we're there!"

Steve_in_29

29 Palms (SEMPER FI), CA 92277

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/05 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The seat is mostly due to the fact that there insn't enough room for a grown person to take a shower in the space provided. So they compromise by giving you a seat to keep you from falling down while doing the contortions necessary to get clean in that little area.

2007 F350,SC,LB,4x4,6.0/Auto,35" tires,16.5 Warn,Buckstop bumpers
2007 Outfitter Apex9.5,270W solar,SolarBoost2000e,2 H2K's,2KW inverter,2 20lb LP on slide out tray,4 Lifeline AGM bats,Tundra fridge
95 Bounder 28' ClassA sold
91 Jamboree 21' ClassC sold

WarrenS

Cypress, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/05 09:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would just install a shower and use a porta-potti. The last one I bought had no metal parts so if it gets wet in the shower it doesn't hurt anything. I still use it a couple of times a year when I go tent camping. A medium sized unit lasted my wife and I 3-4 days and can be dumped in any toilet or down a sewer drain. Very easy and clean and leaves more room for a larger grey water tank. My camper came with a conventional RV toilet but I'd much rather have either space for a porta-potti or a cassette toilet and a larger grey tank.

The reason for the step in the wet baths is that there is usually something (like the top of the black tank) underneath.

Happy Trails,
- Warren
Wife, 8 year old boy, 6 year old girl
01 Lance 961 (9'6 with slide out). TorkLift Frame Moutned tie downs, FastGuns, SuperHitch
05 Chevy DRW,LB,CC,4x4,8.1L gas, Alison
78 Toyota FJ40 w/'97 350 Chevy & auto. trans.
87 Honda TRX250R

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Shower/Toilet combo
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS