|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Where to get good discounts on Class C price

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
HiTech

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/06 05:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Typically Class C's can be had for 25%-30% off of list price. However many local dealers try to run at 10% or less.

What sources to you have for Class C's where the pricing is aggressive so that you can either buy there for enough of a discount to be worth the long distance purchase, or see if a local dealer will come down to a reasonable price?

* This post was edited 01/11/06 04:55am by HiTech *

CraneMan

Plainfield, Ill, U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/06 06:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If we're compiling resources, Fleetwood lists MSRP. A little math shows how overpriced many dealers are.

2003 Sea Breeze LX 8311

RichS18

California Foothills

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/06 09:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was ready to buy I went online to locate dealers using Google. I found that the ones that came to the top of the listings had the most aggresive pricing. In fact, they are the same as RVDirect a year ago. In my case, crestwoodrv.com came to the top of the list and providing a quote via online form and email. For me, it was the same as using RVDirect.

GerryB54

The Jersey Shore, NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/06 09:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here on the east coast (as stated by Rich), I like to peruse Crestwood RV - Tuckahoe NY for properly discounted pricing, that's where I bought my current unit and would buy from them again.

GerryB54 - 2018 Jayco Precept 35S Class A - 3 Slides

HiTech

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/06 04:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lazy Days in Tampa always seems to have decent prices and a good selection.

Law Man

Up North

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/06 07:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marden's Trailer Sales in Havre and Great Falls Montana are every bit as good as RvDirect pricing.They are a full line Jayco dealer. E mail them at mardens@hi-line.net and tell them what you want. They will respond directly to you with a very good price. Very nice no hassle people.

jmkms124

Latrobe, Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/06 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stb130 wrote:

I purchased my Jayco GS35 through orderrvdirect, NJ at http://www.orderrvdirect.com/. I live in NJ so they were close to me and they gave me a no hassle deal of 30% off MSRP plus tax and tags, 10% on order, balance upon delivery. I did also get a price from rvdirect and other dealers in NJ and Pa before buying from orderrvdirect.

We are looking at possibly getting our Seneca 35GS from orderrvdirect and was wondering if you had any problems during delivery or at any time.

We would appreciate your input. I tried to pm you, but couldn't. Thanks in advance.

2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 29REPR

mvcpt267

Churchville, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/06 11:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought mine from Crestwood RV in NY and got about 26% off MSRP. Saved $13,000 more than what dealers wanted in my area.

Smitty
2008 Itasca Navion H
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
Churchville, MD

Venomized

Valpo, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/06 01:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Traveling a substantial distance to save $$ on the new MH isn't necessarily the best idea due to lack of subsequent dealer support.

You have to way the potentials vs. cost savings. People have posted about problems buying out of their area and not being able to find a dealer they did not buy from that will not rip them off with repairs (warranty or no warranty) in their area.

Now that being said, presently in life if I were to purchase a new unit, I would opt for the cost savings and travel to buy if the deal was substantially better. I am capable of most of my own maintenance and would rather repair things myself as opposed to allowing the local dealers rip me off for uncertain work quality.

2005 Gulfstream Conquest LE 28 foot
2001 Grand Cherokee, 4WD station wagon
2006 Saturn Vue, AWD V6

"For those who fight for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know." --Unknown defender of Khe Sanh in Vietnam

stb130

South Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/06 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased my Jayco GS35 through orderrvdirect, NJ at http://www.orderrvdirect.com/. I live in NJ so they were close to me and they gave me a no hassle deal of 30% off MSRP plus tax and tags, 10% on order, balance upon delivery. I did also get a price from rvdirect and other dealers in NJ and Pa before buying from orderrvdirect.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Where to get good discounts on Class C price
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS