RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Hijacker AutoSlide - Better Alternative to SuperGlide?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Hijacker AutoSlide - Better Alternative to SuperGlide?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
GeeJay

Lethbridge, AB & Mission, TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/07 10:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After sending 6 emails over 6 weeks to PullRite, asking for some information and recommendations for their SuperGlide/SuperRails (I like manufacturers to put it in writing) I finally phoned their 800 number and asked for "Steve" the "Sales Manager" listed on the website and to whom I had emailed #6.

Linda Marie advised me Steve was in Arizona and offered to help. After I explained my situation and frustration with PullRite, Linda Marie gave me her email addess and said if I would resend one more time, she would get back to me the same day.

I dutifully updated the email one more time and sent it to Linda Marie 02/08. You guessed it.....no reply. I sent the last follow up 02/13, still no reply. As a Hensley owner I am used to 24/7 emergency response and same or following day replies to regular emails. If that's how PullRite handle potential customers, I hate to think what one would do if they had a problem with the hitch.

BTW anybody else have no reply email problems with PullRite?

I did a search on SuperGlide on this forum to see if others had the same experience and found that SuperGlide is no longer the only manufacturer of automatic sliding hitches. The Hijacker AutoSlide built in Beautiful B.C.,seems to be a better mousetrap, except for the weight which seems to be about 50% more. However no adapters, no alignment restrictions, can be used with almost any conventional or "cushioned" pinbox and 18K rating vs SuperGlide 16K.

One post complained of no reply to emails...OH NO!!! NOT AGAIN!!!

However I prepared a detailed inquiry and sent it off. An hour later I had an answer to every question and 3 pdf.s attached including installation instructions and owners manual and an 800 number and offer to field any further inquiries promptly.

I have just fired of another email to Hijacker as I had some more queries. There was no pricing provided and I was told that I would have to get that from a dealer. They don't have a very big dealer list on the website but their distributor list included most of the major distributors in the RV aftermarket, both Canada and the USA.

NOW....

How many Hijacker AutoSlide owners are out there?

What has your experience with the hitch been like?

Have you needed support and did they come through?

Where did you buy it and what did it cost?

All feedback will be appreciated

Thanks

GeeJay

GeeJay and ElleJay w/"Camper" the Cat
Coaldale, AB (May-Oct) & Mission, TX (Nov - Apr)

2005 29' Safari Trek 28RB2 Class A
2014 JIMGLO 17'+ Aluminum Tilt-Bed Trailer
2014 Fiat 500c Abarth Cabrio
1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible (2B)
2008 HitchHiker 36' 5W (TX)

Rick_D

Victoria, B.C. Canada & Palm Springs, CA(Jan-Apr)

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/07 11:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,

Interesting story about Pullrite customer service! Sure doesn't sound like a company I'd want to deal with.

Hijacker hitches are built here in Victoria, B.C. and they have a great reputation for quality and customer service. Although I can't help you with an opinion on the Hijacker Auto-Slider, I do have the Hijacker 16K Ultra-Slide Manual Sliding hitch and it is just great. It is really solidly built and when the locking bar engages it is easy to see and confirm that it is locked solid.

Adjusting the slider to 'maneuver' position is easy and fast - I can do it in about a minute! That's the main reason I opted to buy the manual slider from Hijacker as opposed to the auto-slider. If I remember correctly, a dealer here on Vancouver Island quoted me a price of about $2,200 for the Hijacker Auto-Slide as opposed to $750(20% off sale) for the manual slide hitch.

I definitely like my Hijacker hitch and am completely satisfied with it. Hope this helps you a bit with your decision.

Rick & Paulette - 2007 Chev Silverado Classic 2500HD CC/SB
6.6L Duramax/Allison - Prodigy Brake Controller
2011 Heartland Big Country 3250TS Fifth Wheel

Rick & Paulette's RV Travel Blog

RVJohn

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/07 02:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also another option to be soon available is the "fifth Air Borne Sidewinder"This replaces your king pin.Interesting video on it at their web site.

tow vehicle-2004.5 Dodge 3500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4-600 Cummins Turbo Diesel-4-speed automatic,48RE,short bed-SRW
Prodigy brake controllar
2001 3280RL Montana
reese 16K slider,roll&lock bed cover
Yahama EF300iSEB
Garmin 7200 GPS
5th Air Borne/sidewinder

dfb

gardnerville

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/07 03:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Superglide has a better jaw locking system. Unlike Hijaker, Superglide does not have a disclaimer on clearences....Looks like Superglide is the original and better setup...What questions do you have...??? It's a HITCH????

Duck

Miami Lakes, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/07 04:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had to call Pullrite twice for information and had my answer within a few minuets both times. I think that their customer service is excellent.
Don

08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL

C.B.

APPLETON WI USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/07 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had nothing but great service from PullRite.

Cases in point.

I asked them if I could get a new wedge plate with only the king pin hole in it. Answer: not a problem,I'll just grab one off the line before the tapered mounting holes are drilled. Had the new plate in my hand within 4 or 5 days.

When building my slide stop attachment,I called PullRite and was talking to their head engineer in matter of minutes.

CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~
CB Family Fleet
Butch&Barb 13CedarCreek~Duane&Holli 05CedarCreek~Kris&Katy 06Cherokee~ Brian&Maia 11 Laredo

sch911

Rochester Hills, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/07 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PullRite is the right choice. My experiences have been excellent. And the hitch performs flawlessly....

OEM Auto Engineer
2003 Damon Challenger 348 Class A - F53 Triton V10
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 Toad

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/07 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't make the comparison, but we have a Hijacker and are very pleased with it. I have been to both their wholesale distribution centre and their factory and they are very helpful and competent.

I like the bar that snaps across behind the pin--no jaws to open and drop the pin onto your truck bed with that sucker!

2003 Chev 2500HD Gas, 2003 Komfort 26FS 5er
See Profile for Equipment List

dfb

gardnerville

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/07 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That sliding bar is the same 'setup' that RBW has that is notorious for dropping trailers!!!

dfb

gardnerville

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/07 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

By the way.. Pullrite is made in America the Beautiful!!! Land that I LOVE....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Hijacker AutoSlide - Better Alternative to SuperGlide?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS