|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> A&E Weather Pro Awing

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
rperry

Alexander, AR

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/07 06:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an A&E Weather Pro awning factory installed on my 2005 Adventurer. The awning worked at the last campsite, but did not work at the recent site. There are (3) open/close switches. 1. at the control box, 2. at the entrance stairs, and 3. on the remote control. None of the three will open the awning. I have verified that 12vdc is getting to the motor. The motor has an interlock when the ignition key is on to prevent opening when moving. Could that be defective?
Does anyone have suggestions, or had a simular trouble.
Thank you for any replys.

cervri

Who knows

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/07 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try the bypass switch on the control box. Un-bypass the wind sensor then try it.

2001 Dodge 3500 4x4. 2005 31.5 HH DA Luxury Suite.

See our current location

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/07 07:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine has a flakey wind sensor... The A&E awning is supposed to roll itself up if wind speeds exceed something like 18MPH for 5 seconds. It has never done that.

It has rolled itself up when wind speed was closer to 1.8 MPH though.

And it's refused to unroll.

IN fact, it's been a major PITA and I'll never buy another A&E Power awning as a re****. A&E (Dometic) has not been all that helpful either in fixing it demanding I make multiple trips to the dealer.

I wound up turning off the sensor and if high winds threaten I roll it up on manual That works 100%

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

surfride

San Diego, CA, US

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/07 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm- My awning did the same thing; roll up at the slightest wind. A&E will send you a reflective sticker for the top of your wind sensor to deflect heat. It seems to have resolved the problem.

~surfride

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/07 12:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree! Customer service suck!! I just today got an email back from them (after 3 from me)concerning my awning's bowing C-Channel supports. I suspect it will take another 3+ emails from me to get a response on MY 2MPH roll-up issue.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

mcmillancd

Lake Texoma, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/07 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am also haveing troubles with my Weather Pro, and I agree that A&E needs to rethink there customer support program.
I cann't get a person on the phone. Does anybody have a e-mail address for A&E.
Thank You Mike mcmillancd@yahoo.com

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/07 11:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mcmillancd wrote:

I am also haveing troubles with my Weather Pro, and I agree that A&E needs to rethink there customer support program.
I cann't get a person on the phone. Does anybody have a e-mail address for A&E.
Thank You Mike mcmillancd@yahoo.com
Don't bother... You'd be rollin' on the floor to read my exchange from them. They speak in 4-5 word sentences, never to exceed 3. IMO these guys are useless as in a week of email exchanges I'm exactly were I was in the beginning. Fortunately over the weekend I found my local RV parts guy will run my defective parts through under warranty so I don't think I need to talk to them further. I thought I read somewhere they were in financial trouble. Gee, wonder why?

malaga57

Simi Valley, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/08 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2005 Providence and our Weather Pro Awning has never worked correctly. The wind sensor does not retract the awning automatically when windy. On the other hand, we have to keep a ladder handy because we never know when the awning will stop working. Sometimes neither of the controls will open or close the awning. Sometimes, when at home, it will work flawlessly. We found out (and here is the need for the ladder) that, while one person pushes the switch or remote, the other gets on the ladder and jiggles the awning bar back and forth to assist the motor in either opening or closing and the awning will move 12 or 18 inches at the time. You must wait 30 seconds for the unit to reset and do it again until fully closed or fully opened. Tough way to operate a "remotely operated power awning"!!! Of course, when I take it to the dealer for warranty work, the "thing" works all the time.
I'm very disappointed with the "convenience luxury item".
Does anyone have a trouble shooting procedure for the control box? I've already taken out my multimeter and followed the trouble shooting sequence provided in the manual and every thing seems alright.
Thanks for any input.

chevylover1965

Southern CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/08 07:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you push the right buttons with Dometic/A&E it is possible to talk to someone in the tech portion of the company. However, I must agree, they are the WORST company to deal with. They need to take a lesson from Fantastic Fan.

06 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH
Freightliner, CAT
08 Honda CRV EXL/NAV
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain tow bar/US Gear
FBINA 144

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> A&E Weather Pro Awing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts