RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Outside shower quick connect fitting

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Outside shower quick connect fitting

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
billmx43

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/08 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone know where I can get the type of quick connect fitting on the end of this hose? It came with our Keystone Cougar and fits both the outside shower and the outside "spray port". They only supplied one hose and I'd like to be able to leave hoses attached in both places. I have to believe that this is a standard fitting but so far I've been unable to locate one. Thanks!

2008 Keystone Cougar 310SRX
2006 Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
Curt E5 hitch/ R5 roller
Timbrens

Corkey05

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/08 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't tell the size of the fitting or the hose from the photo, but it looks just like the fitting on one of my pressure washers. Available at any hardware store.

2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

stacktester

Jacksonville, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/08 07:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill as in our message I'll send you the pic of what I got. It seems these manufacturers always gotta change something up when it works just fine to begin with. Pics coming tomorrow.

sflabrkr

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/08 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's not the same fitting on the pressure washer. That one is too long. I would replace the fitting on the shower and spray port and use something that is readily available

billmx43

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/08 07:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sflabrkr wrote:

That's not the same fitting on the pressure washer. That one is too long. I would replace the fitting on the shower and spray port and use something that is readily available

Well I sure don't believe that Keystone engineered their own quick disconnect so this thing must be available off the shelf somewhere. My problem is I just don't know what to call it. If you do a web search for "water quick disconnect" you get the ones for garden hoses. This one is similar in size to an airline fitting but not the same configuration. Both of the female fittings on the trailer are "built in" and not readily changable. In a worst case scenario I could probably buy a hose assemby from Keystone but I'd rather just locate a couple of fittings so I can make up my own hoses.

The diminsions are:
Large diameter: .472"
Small diameter: .395"
Length of small dia. at tip: .211"
Length of first large dia: .100"
Length of second small dia.: .100"
Length of second large dia.: .450"

* This post was edited 01/07/08 07:40pm by billmx43 *

billmx43

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/08 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay. I will now admit to being stupid. After 2 days of searching the internet and my industrial supply catalogues with no success I just looked at the hose and found "D&W Inc" printed on it. A quick search on google and here it is:
D&W Inc

The 15' coil hose is what I have and the $3 quick-connect adapter is what I'm looking for.

Bill

Corkey05

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/08 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

billmx43 wrote:

Okay. I will now admit to being stupid. After 2 days of searching the internet and my industrial supply catalogues with no success I just looked at the hose and found "D&W Inc" printed on it. A quick search on google and here it is:
D&W Inc

The 15' coil hose is what I have and the $3 quick-connect adapter is what I'm looking for.

Bill
Bill, thanks for letting us know.

Out of boredom I have been scouring the net looking for a match. It sure is elusive! Oh, and in spite of a previous post, I do have a pressure washer fitting very very close to what your photo looks like, yes it long like the photo. It is probably a different size, but sure looks like it would work.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/08 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like an air-hose fitting to me I Think a type "N" but don't quote me on that one, Of course without a size reference.. Might be lager than an air hose fitting

Contact the maker of the coach, they can tell you where to get it or supply one themselves

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

stacktester

Jacksonville, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/08 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill I took a few pics and for some reason the most important one of the adapter didn't take. I did show one of the hose and how my outside shower hooks up. I'll try to get the adapter pic tomorrow.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Outside shower quick connect fitting
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS