RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping: Gold prospecting

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
McGoo

Wherever we stop!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/09 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many of you prospect with RVing?

Ahh ( - )~( - )
McGoo (,,)
you've done it again!
http://mcgoo.weebly.com/

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

tom_kat

way upstate new york/lake george area

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/09 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the problem with that is finding a place thats legal to do it,i medal detect and you cant do it just anyplace anymore.out west many own mineing rights to property and you cant mine it or propect on there property many charge you a fee to do it.around here theres many historic places you dont want to get caught medal detecting there with out permission.

1985 Class A Holiday Rambler Imperial 33 +1979 Class C Holiday Rambler Statesman 1000 = 24 ft

ARIZONA GUIDE

mesa AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/09 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a prospector. I am down to one detector right now. I have a vac pack, dry washer and sluice box. I also have way more pans than i need. I know an old timer (Max) that just moved from Quartsite to moris town. Arizona is loaded with gold and places to prospect. I have only prospected around Quartsite a couple times. I spend most my time in the bradshawas. I am working on a few spots that a friend of mine found and left me the tips on how to get to the spot. He died of heart trouble a few months ago.

2002 R-vision trail lite. Love it.
1999 dodge 4x4 deisle. Have loved it from the day it rolled off the lot. now at 250k
http://goodmanfamilygivingcenter.blogspot.com/
http://goodmanfamilyoutdoors.blogspot.com/

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/09 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

that's why I like living in Eastern Oregon, nobody tells you no. I go up in to the Blue mountains and fish and gold prospect and hunt mushrooms, etc etc. Love it here. Don't get any ideas now, I will not give out any info of my where abouts. these mountains are the best rv camp ground.

coargonaut

Denver Metro Area

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/09 05:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mining is one of the main reason for the trailer. I am getting to old to sleep on the ground. Colorado, Wyoming are the usual haunts but have traveled out to California, Oregon and Washington as well.
I got all to stuff- dredge, dry washer, metal detector.
Try it, you'll like it!

Ed
From Denver area
Trailer: 2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900. Yea, I got the ramp room.
Tow Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2005. Cummins, six speed, Quad Cab and Loooong bed.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/09 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....further to Tom Cat's post: isn't every square centimeter of land in the US (this includes Quartzsite) owned and controlled by either the BLM, Federal, State, County, Municipal or private interests?

This would make prospecting literally everywhere you don't own a claim or land completely illegal, without express permission/license to do so, yes ??

Can someone clarify this?

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

McGoo

Wherever we stop!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/09 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ARIZONA GUIDE wrote:

I am a prospector. I am down to one detector right now. I have a vac pack, dry washer and sluice box. I also have way more pans than i need. I know an old timer (Max) that just moved from Quartsite to moris town. Arizona is loaded with gold and places to prospect. I have only prospected around Quartsite a couple times. I spend most my time in the bradshawas. I am working on a few spots that a friend of mine found and left me the tips on how to get to the spot. He died of heart trouble a few months ago.

I have a claim on Turkey Creek, maybe we can hookup sometime. Got a couple of pictures on my website...........
http://mcgoo.weebly.com/the-mcgoo-claim.html

* This post was edited 01/27/09 08:53am by McGoo *

minerz

McCAMMON, IDAHO

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/09 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We rarely camp anywhere unless we have all the prospecting toys with us. The auto tracking solar unit we have on the 5er allows us to camp just about anywhere we choose without listening to the generator all day and night. We are up here in Idaho so we must get our Prospecting in just as quick as the snow is gone and get out before the snow starts. I am currently building a small Trommel, because the only problems we encounter up here with dredgeing is endangering the fish. "According to fish and game". So rather than argue with them I have decided to use the Trommel instead of the dredge. Happy camping to all. "May the flash in you pan not be from the Bird overhead".

chuckster11

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/09 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm in Idaho as well and tho I don't prospect, I do camp near lots of running water rivers and streams and have never seen a posted proscription against panning or prospecting on public land nor have I ever heard of someone being approached by anyone claiming the exclusive right to prospect on these area.

ARIZONA GUIDE

mesa AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/09 06:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For good plans on tromels go to bill and lindas site. He builds very nice ones and sells the plans as well. http://www.infowest.com/personal/w/wfletcher/prospecting.html

If you want a good site about prospecting my favorite is Rods site it is
www.arizonagoldprospectors.com he has loads of free info and on of the best forums around.

I would love to hit turkey creek with you some time. I am digging tons of holes right now but none are for gold. I am a service plumber and right now is ground leak season for ARIZONA.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS