|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Coin Collecting

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Brucec

Anywhere in the USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/09 09:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If anyone out there is also interested in coin collecting as well as RVing I have started a new Coin Collecting Message Base

Can be very helpful just one example trading P mint coins for D mint coins with other members.

Here is the link it is new but will grow please take a minute and register.

Coin Club Message Base

jharrelson

Carson City, Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/09 01:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Bruce,

First off, I wish you the best of luck with your new site..

I am a coin collector, but I am a "Collector" only ... by that, I mean that I only collect coins and paper money.

I do not buy, sell, trade, etc.... I only collect them..

Several years ago I checked into a couple of "Coin Collector Clubs" in my area and all they want to do is sell, buy and trade .....

they had no "LOVE" for the old coins except as a money making game..

I am just the opposite, I collect coins because of their beauty and history, not how much they are worth.

My collection spans America's history from the early 1800's through today's new designs..

I started my collection as a child in the late 1940's and early 1950's... it now consist of several hundred American coins and paper currency .....

and my collection includes some foreign coins and currency that are no longer available except through collectors like myself..

The last time I had it appraised, it was not worth much, maybe twenty or thirty thousand, but I would not sell it for twenty million because I can remember most of those coins and where I found them..

Like the 1800's "Large Cent" coin from behind the old fireplace mantle in my first home when I remodeled the room ..

and the victory nickles and Indian pennies from the old folks who spent them in my store and restaurants..

Maybe one day we will get the chance to meet and I will show you my small collection.. [emoticon] [emoticon]

Again, best wishes with your web site..

John

John Harrelson
Carson City, Nevada
fulltime since 1977
93 Ford 350 4wd Diesel
95 Prowler 30.5 ft 5th wheel w/slide

TWO CENTS WORTH
The story goes that a man died and was approached by the Devil who told him that he could buy his soul back for a dollar. The man searched his pockets and could only come up with 98 cent. While begging the Devil to forget the two cent he was short, an Angel happened by and hearing the Devil laughing, asked the man, "Would you mind if I put in my two cents ?" The Devil got so mad that he exploded in a puff of smoke and the man's soul was saved.
The moral: Sometimes putting in your two cents worth makes a difference.
JOHN "the cook" 1997

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Coin Collecting
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS