|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Jayco tail lights

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
BillB800si

S.E. MICHIGAN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/09 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2007 Jayco Eagle Model 322FKS with Command Electronics tail lights style 003-81 and 003-81L.
Look here: Tail lights... During daylight hours on a sunny day they are difficult to see. I've noticed the LED lights on tractor trailers are easy to see.

Was thinking about upgrading them to L.E.D. tail lights. Command has an upgrage kit for $42 ( both tail lights)# K-0026. Supposedly they fit right inside the original red tail light lenses. Look here LED... and then click on the K-0026 Kit.

Anyone already done this conversion? Was wondering if you're happy with the results.

Happy trails,

Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

mobilefleet

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/09 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

did that on my trailer....

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/22663353/gotomsg/22666867.cfm#22666867

18wheeler

Waterford, CT. U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/09 06:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before I towed my trailer off of the lot in 2006 I had the dealer install the round LED tail lights. Much brighter, last longer and look good too.

mehwwh

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/09 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobilefleet wrote:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/22663353/gotomsg/22666867.cfm#22666867

The above link did not match any searches. Would you please recheck & verify that it is correct. Thanks,

2014 Dodge Durango Limited
2015 Jayco JayFeather SLX 19XUD, Reese WD Hitch, 800# Trunnion Bars, Stromberg Carlson 2500# Power Tongue Jack

BillB800si

S.E. MICHIGAN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/09 04:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mehwwh wrote:

mobilefleet wrote:

The above link did not match any searches. Would you please recheck & verify that it is correct. Thanks,

------------

Worked for me no problem.
I just copied it and entered it as an Internet address.

BTW, I made a slight error on my original message. I should have said that the K-0026 LED Kit from Command Electronics DOES include a new red lens. Because we are dealing with LED's the lens configuration is different.
Talked with Craig at Command and he said each light has 21 LED's in it. It's brighter than the standard incandescent light and draws less amperage.
I ordered the kit and will install it on our Jayco Eagle trailer.
Happy trails,

LAdams

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/09 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Bill,

I just ordered them too for my Skyline Nomad - same taillight made by Command Electronics... Spoke with Kraig Whiting as well - nice guy - very helpful...

He also told me that they use a small incandescent bulb for the down light for the license plate which is required here in Illinois...

Should have them in a day or two as they are pretty close to me... When I get them installed I'll report back (with night time pictures) of the difference...

Les

* This post was edited 06/12/09 09:29pm by LAdams *

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

LAdams

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/09 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Bill,

I received my lights today from Command Electronics and installed them over a several hour period so I could take pictures for comparison... I'm going to shrink the pics down to 320 pixel width so I can arrange them side by side...

Overall the install was a piece of cake and for $52 bucks direct to my door you can't beat it... They are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter than my OEM lights... Nice folks to business with... Fast courteous service from Kraig at Command...

Here's the photos - apologies for some fuzzy photos - it was difficult to hold the camera steady under low light conditions without the tripod and I was too lazy to go into the house and get it [emoticon]

I didn't hook up the truck so I'm not sure what part flashes but I'll find that out soon enough... What I really like about them is you can really see them in daylight conditions... With my dim OEM lights, I was always concerned that someone would not see my turn signal as I moved left or right... These LED's are bright even in daylight!!!

Les

[image][image]

[image][image]

[image][image]

[image]

* This post was last edited 06/12/09 09:28pm by LAdams *   View edit history

BillB800si

S.E. MICHIGAN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/09 05:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LAdams
Hey Bill,
I received my lights today from Command Electronics and installed them over a several hour period so I could take pictures for comparison... I'm going to shrink the pics down to 320 pixel width so I can arrange them side by side...

Overall the install was a piece of cake and for $52 bucks direct to my door you can't beat it... They are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter than my OEM lights... Nice folks to business with... Fast courteous service from Kraig at Command...

Here's the photos - apologies for some fuzzy photos - it was difficult to hold the camera steady under low light conditions without the tripod and I was too lazy to go into the house and get it [emoticon]
I didn't hook up the truck so I'm not sure what part flashes but I'll find that out soon enough... What I really like about them is you can really see them in daylight conditions... With my dim OEM lights, I was always concerned that someone would not see my turn signal as I moved left or right... These LED's are bright even in daylight!!!
Les
------------------

Les,
Looks great. Received mine on Friday but won't get them installed until I go out to the storage lot.
Glad to see we finally found a LED light that is a drop in replacement for the 81 series lights.

Happy trails,

LAdams

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/09 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You bet Bill - and THANKS to you I found out about them [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

I'm sure your installation will be as smooth as mine... I did not use the Scotch-Loks that shipped with the lights though - I don't like them - I made a direct splice...

There were also 2 Scotch-Loks that they used on the license plate light and I may go back in and remove that and make a direct splice there as well...

In any case, they look really good and you can see them in the daylight quite well and that's what I was after with a side benefit of having tail lights that will last a long time... IIRC, Kraig said they were good for at least 5 years...

I'll have to drop him an e-mail and ask about warranty - I didn't see anything about that in the instruction sheet - it's out in the TT and it's raining right now so I'll check that later...

Les

hotpepperkid

Kingman AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/09 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillB800si wrote:

I have a 2007 Jayco Eagle Model 322FKS with Command Electronics tail lights style 003-81 and 003-81L.
Look here: Tail lights... During daylight hours on a sunny day they are difficult to see. I've noticed the LED lights on tractor trailers are easy to see.

Was thinking about upgrading them to L.E.D. tail lights. Command has an upgrage kit for $42 ( both tail lights)# K-0026. Supposedly they fit right inside the original red tail light lenses. Look here LED... and then click on the K-0026 Kit.

Anyone already done this conversion? Was wondering if you're happy with the results.

Happy trails,

How does the brake light protion work. When brake applied does it get brighter or light a different set of led's

hpk

2000 Ford F-350 SRW 4X4 PSD Jayco Super Lite 29.5RKS (31') 5th wheel 50 gal X-ferflow in the bed tank. Banks big exhaust and Stinger kit.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Jayco tail lights
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS