|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
kirk37r

Millville, New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/09 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As A one time operater of the Camp Store and Deli at Buena Vista Campground, I can tell you that when it was run by the former owners it was A decent park, Still always had the Seasonal clicks and weekenders were treated by A lot of Seasonals as outsiders, But the owners did keep up with the place, NOW in comes Morgan and this place is A dump! Seems like they dont care at all as long as the money is coming in but how long will it come in before they bail and sell the land? Can you say housing developments(in 3 to 5 years) A real shame!!

2013 Cedar Creek 38 FL
2003 GMC 3500 DRW 8.1 / Allison, 4:11 4x4
Reese 16K Hitch, Prodigy Brake controller
Carol, Kirk & Nicholas 5 YO Grandson we are raising

CAUTION! Behind this Truck is A contagious Disease, NO KNOWN CURE!!!
Its Called Camping!!!!!!

IdealRV

NewYork

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/09 03:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am the owner of Morgan RV and I am horrified by the experiences some of you write about having in my campgrounds. I will do anything to make my guests happy and I am always up for suggestions. It is very difficult to operate as many parks we do and keep them up to my expectations. I have higher expectations then anyone could imagine for my parks and I work 24/7 trying to improve them. I take every concern and complaint to heart, I am listening-will continue to listen and make the necessary changes to enhance every RVer's experience when they visit one of our locations.

Please understand that I am very concerned and will do more to improve our parks. We have parks of varying quality, many of the parks mentioned here are not our updated parks. I promise you that all my parks will be greatly improved over the next few years as we have a massive capital improvement agenda that is being rolled out. Please call me at my office at 518-615-0552 if you would like to speak with me. Robert Moser

B. BOOMER

lost somewhere in america

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/09 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Mr. Moser should take note that the majority of posters in regards to Morgan Resorts are long time and/or Senior Members of the Open Roads Forum -- which means that if THEY are pointing out how bad things are at these RV resorts along with the newer members experiences - then the REST OF US are definitely going to be paying attention ... AND perhaps consider avoiding Morgan Resorts on our travels as well.

For all the members who have commented and for everyone out there who have bad experiences --or good - at any Campgrounds please be sure to post on
http://rvparkreviews.com/

Remember many/most of us fellow RVers rely on the experiences and recommendations of others in choosing a place to stay in areas which we are not familiar with ...

Hope to see y'all out there on the road sometime

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/09 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also filled out my suvey over 2 years ago and heard from no one over our issues. They were all negative so I really did not expect much, I plan our trips to avoid Morgan parks because of how we were treated, maybe if we hear and see some improvments we might take a chance someday.

05 F350
2010 Cedar Creek 36RE
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

IdealRV

NewYork

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/09 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should have been contacted with in 24 hours if you asked to be in the survey or if the survey was not positive we contact every quest. You have my apology for that not happening. We are not perfect however I strive to be so I will make sure to tighten up that procedure. Please call my office tomorrow and ask for me, I would like to prove to you that we care.

Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/09 05:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr. Moser, What improvements have been made at Camden Hills in Rockport,Me? Whatever happened with the survey results when your company contacted me to answer a survey regarding my stay at this campground. I never received a reply.

See you on the road!

Flintstones

Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/09 05:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I avoid corporate owned parks such as the Morgan Resorts for all the above reasons. They are all in it for the buck and answer to shareholders only. Their fees are excessive, the cancellation policies are harsh, and the managers of these types of parks are dictated by established corporate policy.

We patronize family owned parks such as Danforth Bay in Freedom, NH, Normandy Farms in Foxboro, MA, Lake George RV Park in Lake George, NY, and Otter Lake Camp Resort in Marshalls Creek, PA.

I will admit we have had excellent experiences at the KOA's we have stayed at in the Northeast, they are franchises, but family owned and operated and we have always experienced excellent customer service.

murffdog

Poughkeepsie, NY

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/09 05:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few days back, I sent an e-mail to Morgan Corporation and now we get a response from Mr. Moser. Thank you Mr. Moser for responding. This shows me that all the "surveys" we get are not seen by Corporate. Most likely in my area to a secretary in Saratoga that sends them to the campground.
Friday I got a call from Morgan offering me a 5% discount if I pay upfront for next seasons holiday weekends. I thought 5% was pretty chintzy for what I get at Waubeeka. As Mr. Moser basically said, good things will take time, at least we got their attention.

BKJOR

STAUNTON VA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/09 06:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed with our camping club at Morgan Resorts - Endless Caverns in Luray, VA in September. Although one post here was unhappy with their site and water pressure, that would probably be because this park is on the side of a mountain (caverns are usually under mountains) and that is why the roads go uphill thru the park and also why there is a tanker to supply water higher up.
That being said, our overall visit was great - the camp hosts went out of their way to assure that our clumb had everything we needed. Major money is being spent on this park - a couple hundred sites being added with full hookups including WIFI which worked very well for us. The pool is one of the nicest and cleanest I've ever seen in an RV park. They are also putting in a large catch and release trout pond to open in the spring.
My only problem was that we got charged twice for the night we checked in because we got there a day early. I have a letter of "credit" for one night to use later on instead of a refund. One of the reasons was the difference in the actual Endless Caverns phone number and the Morgan Resorts number and having to pay our total amount due in advance of arrival; then it didn't show on their computer and we were charged th 2nd time. I don't mind paying a deposit for a reservation, but i do not like having to pay full amount up front.

SFC (Ret.) Kenny and Betty Jordan
Heine (Cocker Spaniel), Princess (Bichon Frise), and Oreo (Shih Tzu, BoBo (Bichon Frise).

2001 Ford F-250 4x4 Triton V-10 super-cab
2004 Keystone Cougar 290EFS

2 Retired

Myrtle Beach, SC

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/09 08:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope Mr. Moser has a very thick skin and can really handle all of the legitimate concerns campers have about what has been going on in his campgrounds. It's sad, really that really teriffic campgrounds have been allowed to decline so badly once his company takes them over. RE for me - Atlantic City Blueberry Hill. It was once the friendliest, cleanest, most concerned family owned and operated campground we had ever been to. They made everyone feel like family. Since Morgan bought it, there is very little concern for the campers - only the profit margin. It's very, very sad indeed.

Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS