Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: MightyKool Personal Coolers

Posted By: Geewizard on 04/02/10 10:06am

Anyone living in dry climates have personal experience with these units for camper cooling? I know that a swamp cooler works in dry climates and many people use them for cooling their houses.

MightyKool Personal Coolers

I might have an "opportunity" to live where the humidity is low and the temps are high.

* This post was edited 04/02/10 11:39am by Geewizard *

Outfitter Apex 8
Toyota Tundra Double Cab

Mt Robson, Canada 2004

Posted By: SooperDaddy on 04/02/10 10:26am

A number of reviews on this device remind you that it is a "personal cooler" in that it blows cool air on you, and won't cool an entire room or space. It's just like the square evaporative coolers that sat in living rooms all over the USA in the summer time, blowing "cool air" that was slightly more than just a regular fan blowing on you. My parents threw ice cubes in theirs!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Posted By: Geewizard on 04/02/10 06:46pm

Well, not quite that hot and dry but close...Nevada.

Figured I might want some kind of AC if this happens....of course, I could just endure the heat until sundown and then turn on the furnace.

Posted By: pianotuna on 04/02/10 10:33am

Hi,

Look at the 0 2 cool units instead. They are a lot less pricey.

Misting fans

Regards, Don
Full Time in a Kustom Koach Class C 28'5", 256 watts Unisolar, 875 amp hours in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, Magnum 3000 watt PSW inverter.

Posted By: whazoo on 04/02/10 04:29pm

Geewizard wrote:

Anyone living in dry climates have personal experience with these units for camper cooling? I know that a swamp cooler works in dry climates and many people use them for cooling their houses.

MightyKool Personal Coolers

I might have an "opportunity" to live where the humidity is low and the temps are high.

Holy Smokes, you mean you're moving to Arizona! Cool, I mean that's hot man. And yes, I have that exact cooler that sits on the tranny hump of my 65 Ford F250, my daily driver. Plugs into the cigarette lighter. Does an ok job, much better than the mister. I've tried them all, believe me. They won't cut the mustard in the camper though, the ac barely does that in the summer. Wish I had better news to tell ya. (I know, there are other hot dry states too, but none as nice) Good luck!

Print  |  Close