RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: buying first TT, Gulfstream Innsbruck. good/bad buy

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> buying first TT, Gulfstream Innsbruck. good/bad buy

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
girthy

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/10 06:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking at a gulfstream Innsbruck 30 tbr. Its a 2007 unit with no major problems. NADA shows between 19k-23k. I thinks thats a bit high. But here is the kicker. It has hail damage to the nose and the non door side. Its at a dealer, they had it at $16000 and marked it down to $13000. Hail damage is strictly cosmetic. I thought of offering 10-11 grand. Paying cash. Any thoughts? I wont fix the hail damage as I really dont care about it.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/10 06:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buying a trailer with a little cosmetic damage but otherwise in good condition is a good way to get more RV for your money as long as the damage doesn't bother you. You're absolutely right about the NADA. NADA is based on the MSRP when the trailer was new and we all know that nearly NOONE pays MSRP for a new one.
Good luck / Skip

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

tupfam

Colchester, CT

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/10 06:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are happy with our Gulf Stream Conquest, which I believe is the sister line of the Innsbruck. We had a couple of warranty issues that were taken care of with no problems from our dealer or Gulf Stream. We bought ours as a 2 year old leftover, we got a good deal on it and had them replace the tires and reseal the entire roof as part of the deal.

'02 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.4L Triton
'07 Gulfstream Conquest 25RSL

NorthernLiteRyder

Anchorage, Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/10 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would make an offer, with cash as you mentioned, you may get the lower price. If you like the trailer and everything suits your needs offer low and maybe a comprimise somewhere between the 10 and 13.
My Jayco had cosmetic hail damage when I purchased it, doesn't bother us. I have had the trailer for 3 years now and will keep it for a lot longer. Good luck and let us know how you deal making turns out.

1996 JAYCO SL 210
2007 CHEVY SILVERADO 1500 CC 5.3 V8 3.73
2 DOGS (RESCUED FROM SHELTER)

mobil1racing

Northern, WI

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/10 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats a sweet looking floorplan. Offer 11 or 12 and see what they come back with. If its on the high end, make sure you get them to sweeten the deal elsewhere, ie. hitch, wheel covers, chocks, etc. Good Luck.

2014 GMC Sierra Z71
2010 Passport Grand Touring 3050BH
XM Radio, Blue OX WD/Sway, Integrated Brake,
Barker 3000 Jack, Kipor 3000,
Beautiful wife,
2 Kids, a
Yellow lab(Kramer) and
a Brittany(Newman)

girthy

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/10 04:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I planned on using the hitch as a bargining tool. I would be happy with 11k or 11,500 with the reese dual cam setup. I figure they have 5% in their finance built in, so for a cash deal, Im looking at their asking price at 12.200 My offer is going to be at 11k and we'll see what happens.

it is a very unique floor plan, and thats why we like it. If we dont get this one, we'll keep searching for the same camper. They only made it for two years.

Chicken McNugget

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/10 05:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no experience with the model of TT you are looking at, but I'm in the process of having some recent hail damage to my trailer and TV fixed. I was shocked at the cost to repair, my TV has $6k in damage, it is not very noticeable, my HTT as over $5k in damage, same thing, hardly noticeable. Before taking them in for an estimate I was concerned if the damage would even make my $500 deductible, boy was I wrong!

My point to this rambling, make sure you get a screaming deal on this TT as I would guess that somebody somewhere has a pile of cash in their pocket as result of the damage. Make sure you check out the roof very thoroughly. most of my damage was on the roof, it looked fine to my untrained eyes.

2000 Ford Excursion 7.3l PSD
2009 Shamrock 19T
www.highplainsphotographer.com

girthy

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/10 02:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will take a look at the roof this weekend. Will a 1 piece rubber roof still get damaged in hail?

girthy

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/10 02:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I offered 11k, they met in the middle at 11900. Im trying to get them to eat it on a dual cam weight dis hitch from reese. We'll see what they come back with. Im happy with 11900. I think without the damage, it would be outta our price range

girthy

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/10 05:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

got it for $11900. and they will give me their cost on the reese set up

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> buying first TT, Gulfstream Innsbruck. good/bad buy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers