RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Thousand Trails Meeting

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Thousand Trails Meeting

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Travelnewbee

Bedford, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/10 12:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Per a letter from Thousand Trails--I am an Outdoor World member--I have a meeting with them in a couple of weeks. What should I be prepared for? I am thinking it could be one of the "high-pressure" things.

D & L
Trying to be retired!
Wilbur the Winnebago

tahiti16

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/10 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What does it say in the letter? Nothing in your membership forces you to attend a meeting.

Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

don b

Allentown,Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/10 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am an OW member also and received a letter about a year or two ago. I ignored the first one and a while later I received another one to attend a meeting at a location about a mile from my house. Evidently not too many people were interested because there were only about 3or 4 couples there. This particular meeting was divided into two segments, one to explain about the buyout of different membership parks, Outdoor World and another one but can't recall the name. If it is the same meeting they will explain their aquisitions, which was a couple of years ago, and the second segment is to offer you a chance to purchase an adendum to your OW membership with certain perks. If it involves the same two sales people you can possibly expect some high pressure from at least one of them to purchase immediately because the offer was not going to be repeated, yea right. I have to admit the offer was not too bad for my circumstances, but they wanted money up front and that is where it stopped being interesting. I did explain to him that I might be interested but definetly not on the spot. I did tell them that nowhere in the cover letter did they mention bringing a check or credit card to make an immediate purchase of their once in a lifetime offer. I did mention that no one in their right mind would make such a purchase, in my opinion, without taking some time to think about it. At this time I was the only one in the room listening to him, the other couples had already walked out. I explained my choice was to think about it and get back to him. I was then invited to leave if I was not going to purchase immediately. I must admit he did get belligerant becaus he did not make the sale. I did do as he requested and did leave and did mention to him what I thought of his tactics. I did get on the phone to their customer service and let them know what I thought of their high pressure sales person and all he did was make me angry and determined not to buy.

2003 Dolphin Model 5380, Workhorse 8.1, 04 Honda CRV, Brake Buddy, Blue Ox, Banks System, Garmin 7200.

WTTCS

freedom , U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/10 03:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most likely they are going to tell you about the EAST/WEST deal for 450.00 per year, and the open to the public , that the preserves (?) are now run by private companies such as Encore etc. They want and need your 45.00 per month to stay in business.

Go, but take a bag with you to throw up in .

1997 chev crew cab 454, 5 sp. 4.10

PattieAM

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/10 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most likely They will be introducing "Elite Connections" membership and allowing you to upgrade.

Travelnewbee

Bedford, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/10 05:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The letter just says they want to discuss changes and get input. My son who lives in another state and I own the membership together. When I called for the appointment they would not give me one unless my son would be with me or I have his power of attorney. That is when I guessed they would be selling something and need both signatures. I am going--have temp POA for day of meeting!

WTTCS

freedom , U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/10 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before you go to the meeting, go read this one. ...............

http://www.thousandtrails.com/FreeOffer/index2.asp

joyceumb

lebanon pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/10 07:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I joined TT/Outdoor World two years ago. We enjoy all the parks.
We also got a letter this past Winter and went to the meeting.
It was a video to explain the changes in the Company. We also were
able to upgrade our membership, which now we are allowed in a park
for three weeks, and no time out. Works great for us. Last year we
camped 91 days, sure it will be even more this year! It was a lifetime investment and will pay for itself. We now are in the
process of selling our home, so will be using alot more! As a
sales person said at the meeting, these memberships are only good
if you are able to use it! I haven't been dissappointed in the
decision to buy into this company!

Ray & Joyce
Lebanon, PA.

Ford F250 Super Duty
2009 Forest River Rockwood 8315BSS

lat471

Lebanon, PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/10 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The letter is about a Platinum upgrade which will give you OWD and TT for initally about $6500. and $500 a year dues. Look on the internet and buy a resale. Also remember these are "lifetime contracts".

07 Cameo F35FD3
The Black Cloud

tahiti16

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/10 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought the offer from the link above and it is $450 per year dues, we got the western zone membership.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Thousand Trails Meeting
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS