|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Need help with a ac blower resistor

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
dochaye

New Bern, NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/10 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone tell me how to get to the ac blower resistor to test it in a 2001 Fleetwood Discovery....Need help!

mobilefleet

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/10 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

probably behind the climate control assembly, you'll have to remove the controls from the dash to get to it. Take it to an rv shop if not comfortable

charwan

Dawsonville, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/10 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All I have ever seen are in the blower box where the heater core is. With the new electronics it could be different. I have an 04 Adven. and that is where it is. My friend has an 04 Bounder and it is the same as mine. It will be a little red flat piece with 3 or 4 wires plugged on it. However do take it out to test and put power on it CharWan

N4FAP

Troubleshooter

Anchorage, AK

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/10 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am afraid you are in for some real work, if the resistor is bad.
I have a friend who had the blower motor fail on his 2001 Discovery, which in turn burned out the resistor pack, due to lack of air moving across it.
He tried to remove the lower dash vertical wall to access it, but was unable to do so. He took it to a Fleetwood dealer, who then sent him to a Freightliner shop, who had to partially remove the upper dash, in order to access the pack.
In the process, they cracked the 'nose' piece on the dash, which then had to be replaced. AAARRRGGGHHHH......

If it will help, PM me your Email address, and I will send you the information on the DENSO HVAC system used in your unit. It will give you some troubleshooting information, which should tell you how to check the resistor pack remotely. I seem to remember that resistance measurements from the HVAC control panel will verify a good/bad resistor pack.

If you are a member of the DOAI, the information on the DENSO system is on their Hints & Tips section, and also in their Discovery Forum (Yahoo) site's file section.

Bill
2002 Discovery 3126E CAT
2004 Saturn VUE
Mountain Master Tow Brake

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Need help with a ac blower resistor
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: