|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Northwest Spring Rally, May 18-20, 2012

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 78  
Next
Sponsored By:
DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/11 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 2012 Northwest Spring Rally will be held on May 18-20, 2012 at Wine Country RV Park in Prosser, WA. You can come earlier and/or stay later too if you'd like.

We have blocked out sites 41-79 for the group, but you are free to choose any site you'd like. See below for sites already taken. If you would like one of the longer pull-throughs up front or any of the other sites. please call the park as soon as possible.

Registration details
  • Review the list of sites already taken below and check the site map for site features and location.
    41-53 have cable and phone hook-up. 54-79 do not.
    41-66 have 30 & 50 amp service. 67-79 have only 30 amp.
    All sites have free wi-fi.
  • Contact the park to select and pay for your site (800/726-4969). Tell them you are with the "RV dot NET" group.
  • Once you have your site, please send me a PM so I can add you to "the list".
  • Payment in full is required at time of reservation, or by December 1st (your choice). You can call now and book your site and pay later, but it's up to you to remember to pay (Kelly might callyou as a reminder though).
  • Cancellation policy: $10 fee if canceled 11 days or more prior to arrival date. One night fee if canceled 10 days or less from arrival date. (There is some leeway in this if you have an honest family or medical emergency that prevents you from attending.)

Registered (10 rigs)
7 - HankNLinda (Hank & Linda) Wednesday-Sunday
8 - DickA (Dick & Sandi) Thursday-Sunday
35 - Fishinghat (Bob & Pam)
36 - (Ron & Sandy) Wednesday-Tuesday
37 - Trailseekers (Mike & Brenda)
49 - DavidG (David & Laura, your wagon masters) Tuesday-Tuesday
50 - Retired05 (Tom & Carol) Wednesday-Tuesday
51 - kd7cxg (Tom & Pat) Thursday-Monday
52 - TomNLauraWA (Tom & Laura)
64 - Bigdog (Jon, Jeanne & Ryan) Thursday-Monday

Unless otherwise noted above, everyone is assumed to be coming in on Friday and leaving Sunday.

Silent Auction
To help offset some of the expenses involved in putting on the rally, we ask that each rig bring an item for the Silent Auction. Don't spend more than $15, unless you really want to spend more on the item. Bring it wrapped so we can't tell what it is. And please, NO "White elephant" items. We had some really great stuff at the last rally.

Tentative Schedule of Events

Thursday May 17
  • Early arrivals
  • Coffee & Dessert social - 7pm in the clubhouse. Bring a dessert to share with everyone, and we'll have the coffee going.

Friday May 18
  • In the morning, coffee will be on.
  • Starting around 5pm, Welcome and Happy Hour (BYOD) with heavy hors d’euvres (potluck style).
  • Later on around 6:30pm, Bingo with prizes. In the clubhouse. Proceeds to benefit The Rally Fund.

Saturday May 19
  • In the morning, coffee is on.
  • Breakfast is at 7am. We're going to do a "continental" breakfast (donuts, pastries, fruit, etc).
  • Lunch...on your own.
  • From 5-6pm, we’ll hold our silent auction. Place your bid on several mystery items. Winners announced after dinner. Proceeds go to the Rally Fund.
  • Dinner will be at 6_30pm and we'll be doing a taco and burrito bar with hard taco shells and tortia's for burritos with all the fixin's.
  • Short business meeting, select next year’s Wagon Master(s), suggestions for next year’s location.
  • Announce the Auction winners.

Sunday May 20
  • Coffee is on again in the morning
  • Saying farewell to many

Monday May 21
  • Time for the stragglers to leave

Tuesday May 22
  • Okay, it's really time to leave now.

Local wineries
Here are a few websites I found that you might find useful if you are in search of the perfect wine...
Prosser Wineries & Tasting Rooms
Wines Northwest

There are a few tasting rooms just down the street (5-10 minute walk) from the campground. More were supposed to built over the summer and fall, so hopefully they will be open by the time we get there, but we're leaving these up to you to visit, so come early.

It was suggested that we bring back "the yearbook" that we did a few years ago (see the next post). Send me a photo of you and your spouse or family (preferably in front of your rig) along with a short story about yourselves.

Check back here to post #1 every once and awhile to see if there has been any updates.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

* This post was last edited 05/18/12 08:48am by DavidG *   View edit history

David and Laura G
Click here for my RV Tips
2003 Suburban K2500LT 4WD, 8.1L, 3.73
2008 Adirondack 31RK-DSL
Our blog

DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/11 07:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012 Yearbook

Below are photos of everyone that attended the 2011 rally. What we'd like to do is get a photo of everyone that will be attending the rally in 2012, along with a short story about yourselves. So send me a photo and/or a short story about yourselves and I'll post it here and bring a print-out to the rally.

Your wagon masters...
DavidG (David) & Laura (jack-n-coke)

We started RV'ing in 2002, learned a few things and got a bigger truck. In 2007, we got a bigger trailer. Love every minute of it, and can't get enough sometimes. Been married almost 30 years and had 2 kids along the way and have 4 grandkids too.

Retired05 (Tom & Carol)

Tradewinds (Bob & Sue)

Sue and I both started Rving in 1976,. For Sue it was a 1956 Dodge school bus with the seats ripped out and her camping gear tossed in. With three boys 15,13 and 11 they took off for a summer break in Alaska from Bremerton, Washington. Her main memory seems to be that it broke down every 100 miles but they did make it there and back. For me 1976 was the year I moved from a truck with a canopy on the back to a truck with a self contained camper on the back, I was for sure moving upscale.

Fast forward to 1986 and we are getting married and she is taking on my 3 small children and a 1977 Pace Arrow motor home. I am not sure to this day what was the bigger problem , taking on my three children all under 10 or that Pace Arrow, One camper, one 5th wheel and four motor homes later we are still on the road and in our motor home,. We travel now in DP National Tradewinds and we have been to Alaska 3 times in it, crossed the country many times and toured Mexico. We winter in the Yuma, Arizona area and travel as the mood strikes us. We are both involved with geneology and that controls many of our trips as we look for our past families and their lives. Jeeping is our other passion along with golf and fishing. There is nothing we would rather do that take our jeep out in the desert and enjoy the beauty of nature. We have 130,000 miles on our MH and we hope to double that in the coming years. We have attended all but one of the forum rallys in the spring and we enjoy this group tremendously.

W7SFO (Ryan, Beth & Alyssa)

We have been Rv’ing together since 2005 when we purchased a toy hauler travel trailer. We were married in 2005 and our daughter Alyssa was born in December of 2008. Alyssa has been going camping since she was less than a month old.
Both of us had an extensive camping history before meeting in 2003.
Beth started camping in her early teens. Until she met me, it had always been tent camping for her.
My parents bought a 13’ Caveman TT brand new in 1973. For almost 20 years that trailer traveled all over the NW as a camping trailer and Hunting base camp.
Right now we travel in a 2006 Carriage 5th wheel that we purchased used in 2008.
Due to the economic down turn; we became full-timers in March 2010. Not really able to travel as much as we would like, but the lifestyle has made us a closer family.

TomNLauraWA (Tom & Laura)

DickA (Dick & Sandi)

Fishinghat (Bob & Pam)

N7SJN (Dave) & RoadXYZ (Marji)

Kinda hard to condense our 50+ years together rv'ing into a paragraph, but here is our story :

David & Marji married in 1960, and in June 1962 took our first one-week camping trip going around Olympic Loop sleeping/traveling in our Falcon station wagon, with curtains strung all around the back section. We took a couple of boxes with clothes, camp stove, food, coffee pot, pot, etc.. On that trip one rainy morning while huddled in the front seat drinking coffee we looked at other campers sitting inside their travel trailers and said “someday that will be us". Don’t recommend this type of camping when wife is 5-6 months pregnant though it was fun and the trip brings back great memories.

We proceeded through the years from tent, tent camper to travel trailers while raising four children. In 1991 sold our last travel trailer. Then in Spring 2003 joined the RV Forum while considering retiring to full-time RVing, and fell in love with lifestyle. Then in 2004 purchased our then new 30 ft. Alpenlite travel trailer, sold our home, and moved into our Alpenlite sited in an rv park in Pasco. Attended our first NW Spring Rally in Spring 2005 and continued the learning curve of living in an RV.

After taking several trips across America in our Alpenlite, the last one from Oct 2008-August 2010, we purchased a new 18 ft. ‘weekender‘ travel trailer for rv trips while leaving the Alpenlite parked in Pasco at an rv park.. Kinda like we have gone full-circle to when we owned a home and had our travel trailers for rv trips.

kd7cxg (Tom & Pat)

Dave-Sparky (Dave & Colleen)

HankNLinda (Hank & Linda)

* This post was last edited 05/09/12 08:13am by DavidG *   View edit history

Dick A

Spokane

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/11 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well.... That was fast and I even get to make the first post! We are really going to keep our fingers crossed that we can attend as we had a really good time this past weekend. I also had the best weekend as far a feeling good as I have in several months.

2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WAYMXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty

Fishinghat

Western Washington, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/11 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was a fantastic rally due to the careful planning and hard work by David and Laura. I bet the 2012 rally will be ever bit as enjoyable.

Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

W7SFO

Puyallup,WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/11 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a great time. Already looking forward to next year!

Ryan,Beth & Alyssa.(Full Time in our 5th wheel)
Eatonville WA.
See me on Facebook!
Enjoying camping every chance we get.
Enjoy meeting other folks in the area to camp with.

RoadXYZ

OR-WA-ID-CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/11 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got home at 6:30p - leisurely and enjoyable trip home to TriCities, WA, once we left the Dalles, it was sunshine all the way .. we stopped at Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge as well as Bonneville Dam, what with the price of gas, decided we would take advantage of the Rally trip home for a coupla side trips. We talked of sticking around the NW for a coupla years, so may see you in 2012 afterall.

Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma, Grandpa, & Petunia, 9 yr old Chi
2008 Suburban / Alpenlite Travel Trailer

rvlady

Sublimity, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/11 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We hope to make it in 2012. Several key dates we have to work around won't be known until July of this year--then we can look forward to the rally--hopefully!
Sorry we missed this year but we had a conflict with a project for our Optimist Club. Did have 2 nights out the weekend before about 45 miles from home. The new pup is a great camper, thank goodness.

Linda and husband Dave (retired US Army) W7DDW
Magic, Yellow Lab Female, born 18 July 2010. R.I.P., Jake!
2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i Generator
2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake

hobo

Tacoma, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/11 09:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Holly and Hobo had a very good time, we did not take our trailer down. We stayed in the motel 6, but we got there. I won a BINGO game.
Those two young kids did another great job. They are spoiling us. Those two put in lots of hours for us.
Man, I just looked on the new threat and it looks like we are going to have a big turn out next year. Sites are going fast. So you folks on the east side you better get your site, as we want to get over there and enjoy your sunshine.
Hobo

DavidG

Jacksonville, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/11 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look out gang, Laura just signed up to be on the forum. Her screen name is "jack-n-coke" (yeah, one of her favorite drinks).

jack-n-coke

Near Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/11 09:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hello everyone yeah had to choose a name first one was taken so pick my favorite drink..what can i say

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 78  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Northwest Spring Rally, May 18-20, 2012
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS