|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Ninth Annual RV.net Class B Rally (B9) May 18-20, 2012

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 19  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/11 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nick and Chris thanks for the nomination.....Ohio is a good spot and centrally located for most that attend.

Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.
States we've camped in.

charles

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/11 01:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We heard from Woodside today and they will give us 20% off the current rate of $34.00/night for water/electric sites. Our cost will be $27.20/night. They also mentioned that there are several sites large enough to double up allowing us to increase the 40 sites available however I don't know how many more, we'll take another ride to look at them if our nomination is selected.

Nick & Chris

2012 Pleasure-way Excel TS

vapoorboy

gainesville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 06:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm new to the group, just registered a week or two ago. I have watched with interest your recommendation for the rally location. I checked in in our Trailer Life Dir and found it is only rated 7.5 for bath and showers. I would like to come and meet all of you but my wife and I don't stay anywhere with a rating of less than 8. Just my view.

Lynne Jayzee

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vapoorboy wrote:

...I checked in in our Trailer Life Dir and found it is only rated 7.5 for bath and showers. I would like to come and meet all of you but my wife and I don't stay anywhere with a rating of less than 8. Just my view.
I would have to tell you to not bother coming, because many of us already have a negative opinion of you.

- LJZ

Jim&Carolyn

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/11 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Instead of critizing someone's nomination Vapoorboy, why don't you step up and make a nomination of your own?

Jim Tewell
Currently: 1997 PW Excel MPL
Formerly: 2006 Roadtrek 210 Popular & 2003 Pleasure-Way Excel TS

aetoby

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 07:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we have been to b rallies and gatherings and I can tell you that we have never been disappointed. I don't even remember the restrooms. We go for the fun and the friendship. Too bad you don't feel the same way.

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/11 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vapoorboy wrote:

I'm new to the group, just registered a week or two ago. I have watched with interest your recommendation for the rally location. I checked in in our Trailer Life Dir and found it is only rated 7.5 for bath and showers. I would like to come and meet all of you but my wife and I don't stay anywhere with a rating of less than 8. Just my view.

Are you always this diplomatic? Brand new member, and never been to a Rally, yet you come out bashing the choice? Too bad any facility rated less than 8.0 is beneath you. Your first post certainly will not win you any friends and influence people. Actually, it may influence people, but not in a good way. You may be hard pressed to ever join us at a rally, since anything rated below an 8 is automatically beneath you.

Seems to me, if you had concerns about the "quality" of the bath facilities, you could have posted a message addressed to Charles. You could have asked him if he had visited the site, looked at the facilities. You could have explained that the ratings were only 7.5 and that you had some concern.

Or you could have done the same thing by sending a PM.

I personally do not expect the Ritz style bathing facilities. All I ever want is 1) clean, and 2) plenty of hot water.

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Badger Dog plus "Ollie"
"The Traveling Koala"
2012 Koala 21CS
2005 F150 Supercab 4x4, w/ 5.4L
And Equal-i-zer WDH/Sway Control

g1g

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/11 02:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have never been to a rally before due to the fact I work weekends on my second job. As one poster said on this forum B campers are wonderers. I can say that matches me. We like to see everything that is out there. So when we do get the chance to go I'll say the sightseeing and events that around the rally would help determine if we go for it.
As for the sight mentioned I was just around that area yesterday and will go back for special events that are held around there sometime. Twinsburg is having "Twins Day" the first saturday in August every year and Hale Farm and Village is having a Civil War Renactment in a couple weeks, both sound like good events but as I mentioned I will be working.
Everyone have a great time wherever you choose and hopefully some day we'll join you.

downtheroadagain

Heath, OH USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/11 03:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is good vaporboy will not be joining us. I think we dodged a bullet.

Aikensbest

Aiken, SC. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/11 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My biggest disappointment of this year was being unable to attend the B rally. Next year it would be having to deal with someone like Vaporboy. Hope he stays away from campgrounds we visit.

Aikensbest
2001 GreatWestClassic

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 19  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Ninth Annual RV.net Class B Rally (B9) May 18-20, 2012
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: