|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Class C valve stem extensions

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Fixedblade

Northeast Kingdom of Vermont

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/11 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Greetings all: I'm dealing with an ongoing problem with leaking valve stem extensions on my dual rears on my 2000 Minnie Winnie. I've had 2 flats in the last year, both from the leaking extension hoses/fittings. The last time was with my brand new tires that were just installed so I've finally had the extensions removed. Those were brand new extensions too. Now I can't really check my rear tire pressures without removing the outside duals. I've seen solid brass extended valve stems, not extensions, for larger Class A tires but nothing for my 16' tires. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
FB in Vt.

jbarry

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/11 01:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yes...contact "Tireman" or Borg...there is also another company that comes up when you search the forums, so......

Do a search for valve stem extensions...you'll get lots of peoples posts about them.

I ordered and had installed the ones from the Tireman. Love em...takes 5 minutes to check all 6 tires. Used to take half hour because the inside dual stem always got hung up between the tires.

They're not cheap, but I think they're worth every penny.

J

bldrbuck

one or the other

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/11 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are able to check our duals with a truck type guage and fill with a truck inflater. You may want to build a connector that will attach to a passenger car hose for the inflater. We carry a small air compressor that works well.

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/11 02:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jbarry wrote:

yes...contact "Tireman" or Borg...there is also another company that comes up when you search the forums, so......

Do a search for valve stem extensions...you'll get lots of peoples posts about them.

I ordered and had installed the ones from the Tireman. Love em...takes 5 minutes to check all 6 tires. Used to take half hour because the inside dual stem always got hung up between the tires.

They're not cheap, but I think they're worth every penny.

J

X2

Show me the GRILL and STAND BACK!!!!

oldtrucker63

Harlan Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/11 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bldrbuck wrote:

We are able to check our duals with a truck type guage and fill with a truck inflater. You may want to build a connector that will attach to a passenger car hose for the inflater. We carry a small air compressor that works well.
Yes the Truck type gauge will work, Also a truck inflater too.

Without Trucks,....America Stop's

Gene in NE

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/11 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fixedblade - Stop using extensions and replace the mostly rubber stems with longer bent shape steel ones.

I have posted this before - I called a tire shop that sells to large trucks - the so called "18 wheelers". I asked them for advice. They stock numerous (I later saw the bins) steel and brass valve stems, both chromed and not chromed. All different shapes and lengths. Drove my RV to the shop "Midwest Tire". They pulled all 6 wheels "broke the bead" on one side of each rim to replace with their stems (cost $1.89 each). They knew exactly which ones to use. They did a fine tuning of each stem by slight bending with the box of a "box end" wrench. Total cost out the door - less than $75. I believe it was about $12 for the stems and $10 each for labor to install. No tax on labor in this state.

2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/11 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have these on my valve stems as supplied by Winnebago. I can check/fill the rears with a dually chuck no problem.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

fisher60

Plant City, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/11 07:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.sixrobblees.com. Ask for Lindsay in sales. ask for Dually Valve Stems. I have these and have not had to add any air, ever, since installation.

'01 Dutchman Express 28A, Borg Chrome Dually Valve Stems, Pacific Dualies Wheel Simulators, '06 Tuscon, 2014 FLHTCUTG
Good Sam Life Member

OldDutchman

Biloxi, Ms.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/11 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just installed the "Borgs" from Sixrobbies and love them. Price has gone up recently and a set runs about $96 plus shipping. Worth every dime!

2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...a Minpin, 2 Chihuahua's, and a great wife

visch1

CAPE COD, MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/12 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OldDutchman wrote:

I just installed the "Borgs" from Sixrobbies and love them. Price has gone up recently and a set runs about $96 plus shipping. Worth every dime!

X3

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Class C valve stem extensions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS